Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alan Branch continues to fall

ImmortalDragon

That and he may have stress fractures in his tib and fib. Those don't heal very quickly . . .

Better not bring that up. I did, and plenty of people here are in denial that it's absolutely NO issue :rolleyes:

Anyways, with that said, I may be interested in a gamble to snag him if he drops much more

If he falls into the mid 2nd to 3rd round I'm thinking we need to take a cue from Phil Savage and the Browns and trade a pick or 2 from next years draft to move up and take him. Just like we did with Cooley that year we had no 3rd round pick.

Like Phil Savage said for his team, I think the Redskins will win alot of games next year and the talent pool next year might not be as good especially when you factor in that we have a chance to pretty much STEAL this guy in the draft and have a year in advance to progress. Especially while we still Griffen and Joe Sal able to play as veterans. That's insurance if his shins aren't that healthy. Next year will be another year removed where our vets at DT will have aged and possibly go over the hill. So I think it's wise to take this oppurtunity if it presents itself, should the team, having scouted him, feel he's a good value.

Now's the time to trade LL with NE for their 2 firsts take Branch and Merriweather..... pretty please

Now NE have Merriweather we wait and see if Branch is there at 28 and if so make the call - simple yes or no swap.

right now I don't think we can trade in. We got Phily NO NE Baltimore, Chicago, and Indy still to pick. I gotta think Chicago or Indy will take branch, so if we want him it will take that first round pick next year, and a player I think. Otherwise lets regroup and look at mid round talent.

Better not bring that up. I did, and plenty of people here are in denial that it's absolutely NO issue :rolleyes:

Anyways, with that said, I may be interested in a gamble to snag him if he drops much more

No, I'm just very suspicious of rumors that leak the week before the draft.

His agent, however much you want to believe or disbelieve him, said it's just shin splints.

Either way, the guy was a monster and is a first round talent who is dropping.

I would offer a 3rd, and if needed instead of the 3rd, at highest a 2nd round pick from next years draft. And to sweeten the pot, I'd try a 5th round pick to go with it. Maybe this years 5th. That sounds like a fair and reasonable offer to me. It seems teams are stingy so you might have to sweeten the offer.

In no way shap or form would I offer a 1st round pick! And I would not trade more than 2 picks to get him!

I hate to look at the numbers because sometimes they can be misleading, but Branch only had 25 tackles last season. They may have had a good defense, but 25 tackles is just plain unproductive.

:logo:

Part of the reason for this is because after a while, nobody bothered trying to run up the middle. Michigan flat out stopped the run there, so it really was avoided.

Archived