Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Patrick: Quinn may already have been offered deal with Raiders

Veretax

Listening to ESPN Radio right now and they got some guy from PFT? (no clue who he is) that says that the raiders have or will give an initial offer to Brady Quinn today.

No article about it yet so it may just be smoke and mirrors but it certainly caught my attention.

That would change things...I don't see Russell falling as far as Quinn could

I agree. Quinn falling is what gives our 6th pick some trade down value. Russell probably doesn't fall past 3-4. If Quinn goes first it's likely we'll see someone swap with detroit to get CJ at 2. And then Russell will go to someone after that.

Well now he's saying they might be offering quinn first in order to prove they will take whomever will take a reasonable deal thus making russel and johnson's numbers lower. Brady's agent is reportedly not going to take a true low ball deal so who knows. And I agree if they take quinn I think Russel (Martz and millen are reportedly more intersted in Russel than Quinn at QB, but they could trade down give CJ to someone... ugh!) goes to Detroit, Cleveland, is stuck between thomas, peterson, landry, Johnson or trading down (Skins ugh might try to trade up as much as I hate that idea). or Tampa could swap picks to move up one....

Ugh that would hurt our trade down scenarios a bit, but it could also mean that Gaines Adams could fall. Because if Cleveland took Peterson, and Tampa takes CJ, Zona probably takes Thomas leaving Adams there at 6e

This is interesting, but this whole draft is based on what Detroit does at #2. They could still pick up Russell or maybe they want CJ, even still, they pretty much hold the keys to the whole equation, seing as how people have attatched the names Gaines Adams to them as well. Russell not being taken at #1 or 2 could mean CJ drop to 4, if Cleveland chooses not to get him. However thatd be as far as he'd go. Basicly if we hope to still have value at our #6 spot if Quinn is offered a contract is if one of the teams between 2-5 does something REALLY unexpected, which is unlikely.

The Raiders are undoubtedly doing this very same thing with CJ and Russell to get a feel for what the players will demand. This very thing is what caused the Texans to take Williams and not Bush last year. Nothing to see here.

could the Raiduhhs be posturing for someone who has their eyes on Quinn to move up to #1, so that they can move down, get CJ and maybe a couple extra picks? Seems like at this point anything is possible. I wish this thing woud hurry up and happen. i am pulling hair out (what's left of it) trying to find any new info.

The guys projected in the tops of their positions or the draft in-general probably already have a few offers coming their way from various teams, just to get negotiations started in-case they're drafted.

Just for clarification, not to rip on you ntotoro, but I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, only the team with the first pick in the draft can start contract negotiations before the player is drafted. I would assume this rules keeps players from holding out from one team knowing a different team will pay them more. So, as of now, only the Raiders can start negotiating contracts with anyone, however, just because negotiations have started, does not mean that player has to be drafted by the Raiders.

Therefore, theoretically, the Raiders could start negotiating with a bunch of different players to see how much money they are expecting if they are drafted first.

Just for clarification, not to rip on you ntotoro, but I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, only the team with the first pick in the draft can start contract negotiations before the player is drafted. I would assume this rules keeps players from holding out from one team knowing a different team will pay them more. So, as of now, only the Raiders can start negotiating contracts with anyone, however, just because negotiations have started, does not mean that player has to be drafted by the Raiders.

Therefore, theoretically, the Raiders could start negotiating with a bunch of different players to see how much money they are expecting if they are drafted first.

That's true. Though I wouldn't fall over in shock to find out teams have had covert money discussions with players in violation of the rules.

Listening to ESPN Radio right now and they got some guy from PFT? (no clue who he is) that says that the raiders have or will give an initial offer to Brady Quinn today.

No article about it yet so it may just be smoke and mirrors but it certainly caught my attention.

Yep, uhh uh. NEXT? :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

The Raiders are undoubtedly doing this very same thing with CJ and Russell to get a feel for what the players will demand. This very thing is what caused the Texans to take Williams and not Bush last year. Nothing to see here.

I think you're right. Although Lane Kiffin, who ran the west coast offense at USC, may feel Quinn is better suited for that system.

If this were to happen, it's possible Peterson could be on the board when we pick, which should garner some trade interest.

Or branch or Anderson.....

Thats what I am thinking. I don't really want landry, but now that I've seen his 40 time I am wondering if his closing speed could be a big asset in our secondary. I know I'd really perfer a 2 Gap DT like branch or harrel. ANyhow saturday can not get here fast enough

Archived