Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New From SI's Truth & Rumors - CJ related

Forever21

You know what? I actually would want Calvin Johnson to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick has the gift of a great QB, but he needs a receiver who is just as gifted. And if CJ goes to Atlanta, it may very well be the best QB-WR pair in years.

What a waste that would be...Vick will never succeed in the NFL, he's an athlete not a QB.

Not to mention that CJ would make Vick look much better than he is! Vick would get unwarranted credit and I would cry because that could have been JC getting that unwarranted credit!

Wait that sounded bad. I firmly believe that JC will become a better QB than Vick is or was or will be. Just that players like CJ make QB's better more often than it's the other way around.

I think in order to beat out Denver's offer the 'Skins would have to pony up the #6, 1st and 3rd in '08, and Springs. This would be a huge payout, that no doubt would have all pundits claiming our FO has supplanted Detroit's as the most senseless in the league.

As for Lloyd, I think the ego-massage was merely a prep-job due to the reality that our FO is seriously considering making CJ the #2 in Washington. This is getting a little skeery..

Am not sure if the pundits would slam us. They absolutely LOVE Calvin Johnson. My hunch is that the Skins would get a mixed reaction for it, some loving the move, some not.

Am not sure if the pundits would slam us. They absolutely LOVE Calvin Johnson. My hunch is that the Skins would get a mixed reaction for it, some loving the move, some not.

I think people will look at the amount of money we paid to get Randel El and Lloyd in here and ride the team about that more than anything else.

It would mean that we'd definitely be eating some dead cap space for Lloyd next year, and the two draft picks we gave up for him would be wasted.

Add those two points to the obvious points about our defense and the need to improve it, and I think there would be alot more people not loving it than loving it. At least as far as the media goes.

You know what? I actually would want Calvin Johnson to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick has the gift of a great QB, but he needs a receiver who is just as gifted. And if CJ goes to Atlanta, it may very well be the best QB-WR pair in years.

Vick struggles to complete 50% of his passes mate. Hardly HoF calibre is he.

It would mean that we'd definitely be eating some dead cap space for Lloyd next year, and the two draft picks we gave up for him would be wasted.

If you want to keep score with how many picks it will take to get CJ (possibly 2 very high ones) plus the third and forth for Lloyd, thats alot of picks put into one pos. on the team.

I have been pretty quiet on the CJ situation but if they do get him what happends to Espy? It sure looks like our basic package on Off. will be a 4-wide WR set. :laugh: Thrash will be Teams and Espy will be the odd man out, again.

C'mon Sat.

If you want to keep score with how many picks it will take to get CJ (possibly 2 very high ones) plus the third and forth for Lloyd, thats alot of picks put into one pos. on the team.

I have been pretty quiet on the CJ situation but if they do get him what happends to Espy? It sure looks like our basic package on Off. will be a 4-wide WR set. :laugh: Thrash will be Teams and Espy will be the odd man out, again.

C'mon Sat.

So, the Skins should avoid getting CJ because of the effect it may have on Mike Espy?

OK...:paranoid:

I think people will look at the amount of money we paid to get Randel El and Lloyd in here and ride the team about that more than anything else.

Add those two points to the obvious points about our defense and the need to improve it, and I think there would be alot more people not loving it than loving it. At least as far as the media goes.

Yeah but Lloyd for example is an obvious mistake, don't think too many pundits would say look you made a mistake, yeah you won't have a good #2 receiver for years but suck and up and bear it. The idea of replacing a liability with a strength won't seem too bizzare. The Giants paid good money for Arrington for example, but they cut their losses, and are moving on and looking to draft LB.

But I agree if we don't draft defense we will take some heat for it, I think it will be more though from the local media. The National media is too infatuated with Johnson in my opinion to have everyone slam them for making the move -- unless we give up the kitchen sink in the deal.

We'd instantly become the team with the player that the national media will be most fascinated to follow over the course of the season -- hard for me to imagine that they'd all follow Johnson and rave about him as the 2nd coming like they do now -- and at the same time slam the Skins for being dumb for picking the player they deem might become the best WR ever.

Now, we'd get slammed if he turned into a bust. And I do agree the WP and WT will slam us -- heck they seem inclined to slam us too if we draft Landry. So forget defense as a whole, if we don't draft a d lineman we are going to be slammed locally.

So, the Skins should avoid getting CJ because of the effect it may have on Mike Espy?

:laugh: well put! Or the effect on Lloyd for that matter!

Even if CJ ends up a bust he'll be better than Lloyd and Epsy combined so their feelings or role should not be a consideration when thinking about going after CJ!

I respectfully disagree - Vick is a great athlete but a mediocre NFL QB. Drfating CJ with Vick under centre would be both a waste of CJ potential and further expose Vick as no more than moderate QB.

It would be a great way to shut-up people who keep making apologies for Vick, though.

No not at all. I was more worried about all the picks given up for that Pos. on the team.

Now if they do get him and he becomes the stud everyone is raving about, then no one will make a big deal about it. But the way the media and most fans think about the Front office even if he only puts up decent numbers alot of people will complain about what was given up to get him.

Archived