Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cedar Point

Cedar point is the best place i have ever been on a vacation to. They have like 17 roller coasters including the new one "Maverick" that opens this year. I would definently recommend going there with your friends.

Also, if you stay in one of the cedar point hotels, you get early admission into the park

Cedar point is the best place i have ever been on a vacation to. They have like 17 roller coasters including the new one "Maverick" that opens this year. I would definently recommend going there with your friends.

Also, if you stay in one of the cedar point hotels, you get early admission into the park

i dont know about staying at one of their hotels because we're all a bunch of poor college students :laugh:

You might try the Holiday Inn for cheap accommodations. They're really close to the park, and if it's the place I'm thinking of, there's a cheap bowling alley across the street. A good contingency plan for rainouts. You can bowl nonstop for a very reasonable price.

There are about a billion things that make a trip to the Point easier, more efficient, etc. But to maximize your quality of life in the park, do at least these three things:

1) Don't go on a weekend. Weekdays only.

2) Get there before the park opens. Be ready at the gate. When the magical hour is nigh, make a beeline for the ride(s) you REALLY want to ride that day but think will have a long line: Millennium Force, Dragster (if it runs), Maverick, etc. Get through a couple of them -- or at least one -- before the lines reach their maximum morning length, and you'll have bought yourself more time for other things later.

3) The majority of park guests start at the front of the park, and work their back towards the tip of the Point by the end of the day. So do the opposite. You'll get shorter lines in the morning for Magnum, Mean Streak, etc., and the afternoon/evening lines up front will be no worse than if you had started there in the morning.

Also, Ride Disaster Transport twelve times in one day and you'll get free admission for the next day. Just kidding.

Actually, maybe that's true. Since nobody has ever bothered to ride Disaster Transport twelve times, it might be true for all I know.

Cedar Point really is the roller coaster capital of the world. Have fun!

You might try the Holiday Inn for cheap accommodations. They're really close to the park, and if it's the place I'm thinking of, there's a cheap bowling alley across the street. A good contingency plan for rainouts. You can bowl nonstop for a very reasonable price.

There are about a billion things that make a trip to the Point easier, more efficient, etc. But to maximize your quality of life in the park, do at least these three things:

1) Don't go on a weekend. Weekdays only.

2) Get there before the park opens. Be ready at the gate. When the magical hour is nigh, make a beeline for the ride(s) you REALLY want to ride that day but think will have a long line: Millennium Force, Dragster (if it runs), Maverick, etc. Get through a couple of them -- or at least one -- before the lines reach their maximum morning length, and you'll have bought yourself more time for other things later.

3) The majority of park guests start at the front of the park, and work their back towards the tip of the Point by the end of the day. So do the opposite. You'll get shorter lines in the morning for Magnum, Mean Streak, etc., and the afternoon/evening lines up front will be no worse than if you had started there in the morning.

Also, Ride Disaster Transport twelve times in one day and you'll get free admission for the next day. Just kidding.

Actually, maybe that's true. Since nobody has ever bothered to ride Disaster Transport twelve times, it might be true for all I know.

Cedar Point really is the roller coaster capital of the world. Have fun!

wow, thanks for all the info, should come in handy. we're also thinking about hitting up the water park there. got any info on that?

Awesome park, can be brutal if it's really hot out, try and avoid the weekends, be prepared to stand in lines, at least go 2 days, TONS of stuff to do, allot of rides, separate water park,lots of rides........best park around.

Go after this opens----MAVERICK.... Watch the whole vid-

ok, vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUHyQiZ7TI

Gemini- a dual coaster 2 cars race- at one point the tallest fastest wood coaster in the world-

Magnum- at one point the tallest fastest steel coaster-

Millennium Force- at one point tallest fastest steel coaster in th world-

Mantis- Stand up coaster-

Top Thrill Dragster- just watch-

and plenty more quality coasters and rides...

I live 5 minutes away. If you decide to go PM me and I will give you my special "park attack plan".

I recommend going on a weekday (in May if possible).

Also, there are plenty of hotels off point that are relatively cheap.

You might also want to check out going to Geauga Lake or Kings Island. They are both owned by Cedar Fair (the company that runs Cedar Point). One is in the Cleveland area, the other in the Cincinnati area. They may have some sort of multi-park discount. I don't know because I have a season pass.

Another fun park is one near Pittsburgh called KENNYWOOD, google it to check out the rides. My grandparents took me there alot when we visited them

as kids. I want to go again this year, they have a coaster that does 85mph, dont know if thats considered fast now a days or what :D

has anyone here been there before? from what iv heard its incredible, and has the most rollercoasters for any one amusemant park along with a couple water parks.

a group of friends and i are planning a trip sometime during the summer and any feedback would be appreciated.

For our summer blast, we are thinking of going there either next year or the following.

This year is Busch Gardens...

Great park but don't forget the bug spray!!! Water + August=Nasty flying insects like you have never seen.

Jackie

Ahhh.....August is nothing compared to the muffleheads of June. My wife and I rode front seat on Millennium Force just after dark. We had mufflehead guts all over our faces, arms, and I could barely see out of my glasses.

Good times.

Oh, yes good call...

re: Bug Spray, yes I recall some nasty experiences with some of the coasters that are right on the shore of Lake Erie and clusters of bugs. Let's just say you should try not to scream too much, with your mouth open at least.

Great park though, best collection of roller coasters....

Archived