Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cedar Point

Gemini- a dual coaster 2 cars race- at one point the tallest fastest wood coaster in the world-

Small nitpick... Gemini runs on steel rails, not a wooden track, and is considered a steel coaster for that reason -- despite having a superstructure made of wood. In 1978 it opened as the tallest, steepest, fastest roller coaster of any kind on Earth.

There are other coasters of "hybrid" construction that go the other way too. The Coney Island Cyclone, for instance, has a structure made almost entirely of steel... but it runs on a wooden track and is therefore considered a wooden coaster.

And I'll second that nomination of Kennywood from a previous post. That place is great, and visiting is a requirement anytime I find myself in a warm Pittsburgh. Phantom's Revenge is the 80+ mph coaster mentioned above, and it's a great ride with -- like most Kennywood coasters -- a fascinating history.

Never been there, but that place looks freaking amazing, I want to ride that Top Fuel Dragster so bad!

Top Thrill is a very good ride but it can't hold Millennium Force's athletic supporter. ;)

My wife worked at Cedar Point the first summer we lived in this area and was in the commercial shoot for Top Thrill Dragster. She rode it 28 times in a row without getting off. Needless to say her hair was a little messed up.

Archived