Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog -- Press Conference/Lloyd

Skinsinparadise

Sometimes Jason goes overboard with his comments and acts a little too unprofessional.

I agree... I appreciate the extra inside information the blog provides, but this entry is nothing but an outlet for his non-football opinions and failed jokes

I agree... I appreciate the extra inside information the blog provides, but this entry is nothing but an outlet for his non-football opinions and failed jokes

He's toned it down a bit in this piece, its usually a lot worse.

Sounds just like the Brandon Lloyd that I knew with the 49ers. Mike Nolan had to have numerous one on one talks with him about his crappy personality. His teammates in San Francisco couldn't be happier when he left.

Oh well, sounds like Lloyd might get to pursue his long awaited rap career soon enough.

Jason, since you're reading this I gather, can you answer a question. Why did you lead your blog with, "I was about to ask the owner about why he chooses this week to speak when the dang thing ended." I ask because, the press conference I watched led with Joe Gibbs explaining why the team does these pre-draft chats this week. Didn't it?

Of course you know this, because, hey, you'll catch Snyder NEXT April.

Why is it in a 48 minute press conference where the owner actually spoke the least can you not figure out other people exist?

I don't get Jason. Just negative and for what? They mentioned B. Lloyd because to them they felt it was necessary to let everyone know that the player that they benched last season is working his ass off to right the wrongs from last year. I mean they could have easily just not said anything about him and instead people would be saying "Did you notice how they didn't mention Lloyd?...he's gone for sure." Honestly, what else do you want to hear? Yes things didn't workout perfectly with B. Lloyd but why on earth would you be mad with our favorite team's owner, coach, etc. trying to make the best of a bad situation?

Sounds just like the Brandon Lloyd that I knew with the 49ers. Mike Nolan had to have numerous one on one talks with him about his crappy personality. His teammates in San Francisco couldn't be happier when he left.

Oh well, sounds like Lloyd might get to pursue his long awaited rap career soon enough.

Yea...because there are so many quotes or comments that Lloyd has made this offseason that would equate to a reaction stating "sounds just like the Brandon Lloyd with the 9ers."

I'm assuming you are referring to reports on his behavior that occurred last season?

Lloyd should be nice to 'the little people'?

Can someone tell me when Lloyd became more than one of 'the little people'?

A Big contract, big attitude problem and small numbers don't make someone more than 'the little people'.

Draft CJ and make Lloyd ride the pine where he belongs.

Man how negative.

Think of it like any employee. The guy had character issues. The boss made it clear that behavior is not acceptable and has no place in the workplace. Shape up. They have a meeting. The employees actions in the offseason, and demeanor during the meeting, show the boss that he has changed his ways and is committed to being a team player and understands he was in the wrong. Bossman, knowing that his rep isnt the best with the media, who at any time can snap this players positive development, utilizes some positive reinforcement and recognizes the once-difficult employee for making strides in his development.

Employee hears boss praising his work, goes wow, this really IS the right attitude to have, and begins a new level of productivity from that day forward.

Its really nothing more than that people, no conspiracies, just management.

Sometimes Jason goes overboard with his comments and acts a little too unprofessional.

ummmm...a blog isn't supposed to be a candidate for pulitzer prize consideration. there is what is in a blog...and there is what is printed in a paper after review by an editorial staff.....

in point of fact...as an aside...papers are losing subscriptions at an alarming rate precisely because folks can find more detailed/unbiased/professional insights into subject domains on the Internet. You have to search for them....but we all know within our professional areas when we find them....just a small rant!

Some 49er Lloyd quotes for a refresher, doesn't sound too out of left field from the Skins current stuff with him. Alientating Portis, etc.

10 questions for the 49ers

By MATT MAIOCCO

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

IS ANTONIO BRYANT BETTER THAN BRANDON LLOYD?

Quite possibly. Bryant is a hard-worker, though he certainly has not avoided conflict during his first four seasons in the league. Lloyd is a talented pass-catcher, but his personality and attitude rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way.

Niners trade WR Lloyd to 'Skins for draft picks

Lloyd was a restricted free agent for the 49ers, who drafted him in the third round three years ago. He was San Francisco's top receiver last season, catching 48 passes for 733 yards and five touchdowns for the NFL's worst offense, but alienated teammates and clashed with Mike Nolan's new coaching staff.

It's a strange thing to be [ranked] 32nd on both sides of the ball and still have guys after your players," Nolan said.

From a blog

Those wondering why the 49ers would trade their top wide receiver, Brandon Lloyd, to the Redskins - for a third and fourth round draft pick in 2007 - need to remember two facts:

1. His three-year tenure with the club was filled with more preening and fighting with veterans than with impressive catches and clutch plays

As to the JLC stuff, its his blog, don't mind if he shoots off his opinion like we do. I know he started something with Art and perhaps that has some people riled up, I too don't agree with JLC's post directed at Art. Otherwise, am not going to fault JLC for taking extra time in his day to shoot off a blog. We have a lot of time to kill in the off season, I welcome anything I can read about the Skins whether I agree or not agree with the opinion is besides the point to me. Just my 2 cents.

Archived