Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog -- Press Conference/Lloyd

Skinsinparadise

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 6:29 PM ET, 04/24/2007

My Quest For Answers Must Wait Another Year

I was about to ask the owner about why he chooses this week to speak when the dang thing ended. Oh well, I'll try again next April.

Have to say for me the highlight of the whole presser was Snyder's unsolicited revisting of his meeting with Lloyd at the owner's meetings in Arizona (Springs was there too I am told). He said the WR looks great and that "we're really proud of him."

Wow. So coming off that debacle of last season Lloyd spend a few weeks working out and he's getting platitudes from the guy who signs the checks. Man, I need to get a resume on file at Redskins Park (or is it already much too late?)

Must have been one heck of a dinner they had last month. Guess the wideout didn't spit on anyone's steak. I get trying to build the kid back up a bit and put a positive spin on him and trying to set the table for what had better be a much, much improved season from another player they drastically overspent for (in terms of picks and salary), but come on.

We'll see how Brandon matures and how he treats some of the so-called "little people" around Redskins Park this season. I hope his coworkers, whether it be coaches, teammates, secretaries, cafeteria employees, whoever, see a different side of the kid this season.

Other than that, about what you'd expect from a draft week presser, and as I said before, understandably so. It makes no sense to do it any other way and we're grateful for the chance to ask a few questions either way.

It was pretty odd. Praising Brandon Lloyd out of nowhere. The only player he singles out is a player who got benched for his attitude?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to build up his trade value because the cap hit for trading him would be about $10 million this year. So that leaves only a couple possibilities: (1) he's trying to make him (or his agent) feel better, or (2) he really is proud of a punk wideout who's hated by his teammates and ended the year on the bench.

Weird. Just weird.

I guess I am willing to give B Lloyd another shot. I kind of wanted AA to get another shot - in all honesty. Both players, so it seems RIGHT NOW, are botched acquisitions...I think they should move on from it and try to learn that out-bidding...overpaying...overhyping...etc...has never worked for them...and will never work for them.

It was pretty odd. Praising Brandon Lloyd out of nowhere. The only player he singles out is a player who got benched for his attitude?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to build up his trade value because the cap hit for trading him would be about $10 million this year. So that leaves only a couple possibilities: (1) he's trying to make him (or his agent) feel better, or (2) he really is proud of a punk wideout who's hated by his teammates and ended the year on the bench.

Weird. Just weird.

I am just going to call you wrong.

I have to say JLC is a less-than-average journalist. Why even write a blog if that's all you have to say?

Not to mention the Redskins' season's been over for way more than a "few weeks." I mean, Shawn Springs said on SportsTalk 980 that he's up to benching 300 lbs again after his shoulder injury, so why couldn't Lloyd be in a lot better shape since that Giants game?

Anyway, where's Art?

Sometimes Jason goes overboard with his comments and acts a little too unprofessional.

And thus...it is the world we live in - Blogging...idiots w/o manners blogging...no etiquette...

Blogging is horrible - especially when some popular / renowned paper like the Washington Post allows random people to publicly submit ill-mannered comments on their website. Losing credibility...day by day...

I guess if this is the case Lloyd is a rude guy all around Redskins Park and not just to the players. If so, hopefully he cools it this year. Gibbs is supposed to be big on character players am surprised he didn't take note of the 49ers issues with Lloyd before he traded for him.

Hopefully Lloyd bounces back this year.

It is nifty seeing folks (myself included) who rip on anything and everything....sit and judge somebody else for a freakin' blog.

If I was writing a Skins blog. I would have talked about how Mr. Snyder seemed much more informed and prepared and Vinny today.

I think the rant on best player available was alittle over the top.

Weird. Just weird.

All you know from this story is what LaCannedtuna has told you. You don't know anything else that has been said to any other player during this offseason.

A more appropriate question may be why Jason is so fixated on Dan Snyder, but you'll never think to ask that.

All you know from this story is what LaCannedtuna has told you. You don't know anything else that has been said to any other player during this offseason.

A more appropriate question may be why Jason is so fixated on Dan Snyder, but you'll never think to ask that.

or your fixation on Jason.

I think as some others here posted today. Mr. Snyder showed that he is clearly involved in the day to day workings of this team. Which is his right. But there are folks who just blindly believe that he's standing back and letting Coach run the show.

There was nothing weird about Snyder praising Brandon Lloyd, if that is what in fact did happen. The Skins could hardly afford to take a cap hit this year on BOTH Archuletta and Lloyd. And there is no denying that Lloyd has some talent, as evidenced by his receiving stats at San Francisco.

So maybe if Lloyd is immature as some have indicated, he can turn it around this year, if some of the right buttons are pushed. Of course, why you would need to push the right buttons when you are giving a guy $10 million up front, is beyond me. Anyway, if he doesn't produce in 2008, he will be gone next year, when the Redskins can afford to take another cap hit.

It makes perfect sense to me to try to improve something, out of a bad situation.

I think as some others here posted today. Mr. Snyder showed that he is clearly involved in the day to day workings of this team. Which is his right. But there are folks who just blindly believe that he's standing back and letting Coach run the show.

Everyone knew this. Only some ofthe mods said he was not involved.

There was nothing weird about Snyder praising Brandon Lloyd, if that is what in fact did happen. The Skins could hardly afford to take a cap hit this year on BOTH Archuletta and Lloyd. And there is no denying that Lloyd has some talent, as evidenced by his receiving stats at San Francisco.

So maybe if Lloyd is immature as some have indicated, he can turn it around this year, if some of the right buttons are pushed. Of course, why you would need to push the right buttons when you are giving a guy $10 million up front, is beyond me. Anyway, if he doesn't produce in 2008, he will be gone next year, when the Redskins can afford to take another cap hit.

It makes perfect sense to me to try to improve something, out of a bad situation.

With a healthy portis taking heat off of of the QB. And a QB who isn't fixed on just Moss. I think Brandon could rebound.

They need to get #82 the ball more.

That blog entry did seem pretty spiteful.

I'm all for giving Lloyd another shot. It would be a huge bonus for this offense if he can contribute next year like I think he is capable of doing. He showed flashes every once and a while...

There's a big difference between throwing in a word or two or bouncing off an idea and overriding a Coach's decision.

Archived