Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What have I done to anger the E-bay gods?

Quixote

I quit E-baying for some time (mostly due to money) but I ALWAYS got sniped. I hated it.

For instance, I was collecting bar mirrors. I ended up giving most of them away as gifts. The only time I REALLY wanted one I stayed on E-bay for hours. It was a bar mirror for some old Tobacco company. It had the name above a picture of a bunch of dudes sitting on the front of a train, and underneath it said, "He was a hell of a rail road man" underneath. I wanted it!!! I doubled the existing bid and was winning until the last two minutes.

Well, my friend calls me:

HE: "Dude, I just got the best E-bay item ever."

me: "What’s up?"

HE: "I won a Bull's eye camo Zakk Wylde custom signature les Paul."

me: "That’s stupid man, you know it's either gonna be a home made job or a banged up POS."

HE: "That’s why I waited for it to get here to call you. This **** is brand new."

me: "Well, how much did it cost?"

Then he proceeds to tell me about placement of certain insignia. He says there is an original receipt and a certificate of authenticity contained in the original case. And how the case came with all the stuff it would if you bought it off the shelf. and :blahblah:

My DOUCHE BAG of a friend got this guitar, valued at $4,199.99:

275015.jpg

For $520 AFTER the cost of shipping.

E-bay hates me. :mad:

I really can't see how he got a custom Gibson Zakk Wylde guitar for that much. I could understand an Epiphone Zakk Wylde...but a gibson???? Those guitars play like butter and if I was the seller, I wouldn't have let it go that cheap.

Here is probably what he's getting...It's an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar. It is priced at $799 at musiciansfriend.

Gibson owns Epiphone and I wouldn't be suprised if this is what he's getting

230734.jpgAnd here is his big brother The GIBSON!!!

275015.jpg

Most people can't tell the difference but the top one has cheaper parts, cheaper paint job and the playablity is not up to par to the Gibson (the bottom picture) So I think your friend got a knockoff of the "real" Zakk Wylde custom guitar.

esnipe.com

my dad has been using it for years, and anything he actually cares about, he uses esnipe. it's pretty funny, to put one bid in and theres all these last second bids, and you win it.

my friend and I went to an ill nino concert, and she won a guitar valued at like 2000 dollars, signed by like 5 bands

Nah dude.... no epiphone BS. He was thinking thats what he was gonna get at $500, but was gonna flip it if were.... dude has the real deal.

The best thing that we can come up with is that the seller didn't know what he was selling. Maybe it came to him 2nd hand or it was hot.

Its a custom signiture les Paul, straight up legit.

Be careful buying cars from EBAY motors.

Lots of scams. My brother-in-law almost got taken by a guy who was able to redirect one of the links on the page to his own site which looked exactly like EBAY. FBI is involved now.

Funny thing about sniping. It only works against you if the bid you place isn't really your maximum bid. If you place a bid that you would in no way go higher than, then if somebody snipes you at the last minute it's no big deal because they paid more than you were willing to.

Funny thing about sniping. It only works against you if the bid you place isn't really your maximum bid. If you place a bid that you would in no way go higher than, then if somebody snipes you at the last minute it's no big deal because they paid more than you were willing to.

Exactly, but everybody wants to get something as cheaply as possible.

The maximum bid keeps you from a)- getting into a bidding war, or B)- being sniped.

I see an item, I figure out how much I would spend for it, I put a bid in, then walk away.

If I win it great, if not, no big deal.......

Exactly, but everybody wants to get something as cheaply as possible.

The maximum bid keeps you from a)- getting into a bidding war, or B)- being sniped.

I see an item, I figure out how much I would spend for it, I put a bid in, then walk away.

If I win it great, if not, no big deal.......

I roll like Snyder. If I see something I want, I just put in a $1000 bid.

Snipe THAT, you bastages!

The best thing that we can come up with is that the seller didn't know what he was selling. Maybe it came to him 2nd hand or it was hot.

A lot of people don't know what they have when it comes to guitars. In 1983 a co-worker of my dad's was short rent money and he owned a couple of gibson's and my dad offered to buy one for the $200 he needed. the next day the guy shows up with what he described as his least favorite, a custom 335 that's exactly like Chuck Berry's guitar, "Lucille" but with different fret markers. The last time it was appraised for the homeowners insurance it's estimated value was $10,000.

A lot of people don't know what they have when it comes to guitars. In 1983 a co-worker of my dad's was short rent money and he owned a couple of gibson's and my dad offered to buy one for the $200 he needed. the next day the guy shows up with what he described as his least favorite, a custom 335 that's exactly like Chuck Berry's guitar, "Lucille" but with different fret markers. The last time it was appraised for the homeowners insurance it's estimated value was $10,000.

ZING! your story is way better.

Nah dude.... no epiphone BS. He was thinking thats what he was gonna get at $500, but was gonna flip it if were.... dude has the real deal.

Its a custom signiture les Paul, straight up legit.

If that's the case, your friend got a deal of the centruy. I have about 6 guitars. 2 of them are Epiphones. They're great guitars. I just had to replace all the stock parts and voila! a gibson. I have a regular Gibson les paul and i would've paid a lot more for that guitar that your friend got. I'm actually kinda jealous. :mad:

If that's the case, your friend got a deal of the centruy. I have about 6 guitars. 2 of them are Epiphones. They're great guitars. I just had to replace all the stock parts and voila! a gibson. I have a regular Gibson les paul and i would've paid a lot more for that guitar that your friend got. I'm actually kinda jealous. :mad:

theres got to be some kind of varible everyone isnt seeing here. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.

Chuck Berry's guitar, "Lucille" but with different fret markers.

That's crazy! I guess it was either Chuck Berry's or BB King's, though. :rolleyes: But this is the first I've heard of esnipe! No wonder I can never seem to win in bids. Countless hours I've wasted trying to outbid someone at the last minute. Damn you Spaceman......Damn you!:silly:

I hate bidding wars on e-bay, so I don't participate in them. If I put in a fairly low bid on something and someone outbids me, and if it's something I really want, I'll snipe. I'll have two windows open, one I refresh to see changes in the bidding, and one with my maximum comfortable bid ready to go. And about 5 - 10 seconds before the bid closes, I enter it. I usually win.

Zguy, I bought a car on ebay once. It was an unusual situation, though. The car was a 1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6. Beautiful car. Well, my best friend used to own an Alfa Romeo repair shop, and at the time of the auction, it turned out that he lived only a couple miles from the owner of the car. So the guy I would trust most to check out a car like that was able to. He was able to negotiate the price down because it needed a brake job, and I got a car that my friend said was worth almost twice what the buy-it-now price was. It worked out great for everyone.

threefourview.jpg

AlfaRomeoGTV6Mtview.jpg

That's crazy! I guess it was either Chuck Berry's or BB King's, though. :rolleyes: But this is the first I've heard of esnipe! No wonder I can never seem to win in bids. Countless hours I've wasted trying to outbid someone at the last minute. Damn you Spaceman......Damn you!:silly:

The guitar didn't actually belong to Chuck Berry it's justs the exact same color, has the same tuning key's and pickups and pick guard that were on "lucille" just different fret markers, at the time of the purchase my dad knew he was getting quite lucky. What makes it so valuable is there aren't to many guitars in almost mint condition that are that old, not that it was owned by Chuck Berry.

The guitar didn't actually belong to Chuck Berry it's justs the exact same color, has the same tuning key's and pickups and pick guard that were on "lucille" just different fret markers, at the time of the purchase my dad knew he was getting quite lucky. What makes it so valuable is there aren't to many guitars in almost mint condition that are that old, not that it was owned by Chuck Berry.

I was just kidding. BB King's guitar is called Lucille, not Chuck Berry's. But Chuck did cover a Little Richard song called "Lucille". I wasn't calling out BS, I was just having a little fun. I play guitar so I think it's a cool story. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I was just kidding. BB King's guitar is called Lucille, not Chuck Berry's. But Chuck did cover a Little Richard song called "Lucille". I wasn't calling out BS, I was just having a little fun. I play guitar so I think it's a cool story. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My bad, I'm an idiot. I'll try and get my dad to email me a picture it's a sweet guitar. he's also got a mid-90's PRS that's burnt orange and you can see the wood grain through the finish with the bird fret markers, that's a funny story to my dad traded a Fender Big Apple and 50 year anniv. Telecaster for it, fleeced the guy totaly sad thing was he owned a used guitar shop, probably why he's out of business now.

theres got to be some kind of varible everyone isnt seeing here. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.

My friend is still in disbelief himself, he is taking it up to this great music store in VA beach called Alpha. They have a knowledgeable staff that should be able to give him the final word.... i'll keep everyone posted.

My friend is still in disbelief himself, he is taking it up to this great music store in VA beach called Alpha. They have a knowledgeable staff that should be able to give him the final word.... i'll keep everyone posted.

Please do. If it is the real deal, I would be making a profit on it asap.

Archived