Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New PETA ad

Spaceman Spiff

Somehow, an "I'd rather get naked than..." from a playboy model doesn't seem to hold a ton of weight. Getting naked doesn't seem like it would be that difficult a moral position to hold if you've already posed. Mind you, I'm on her side. I think destroying an elephant just to get its tusk, especially for decorative and aesthetic purposes is wrong. Similarly, killing an animal just for its skin or fur seems wrong too. I have less problem with leather, since we eat the cows as well... (Though, I somehow doubt that the leather people where comes from the cows they eat.) but shh... I'm making a point here.

As far as fur goes, I don't see the unreasonableness of getting rid of it in favor of faux fur. Why not?

Now, that's about one of the only reasonable things PETA's done recently.

Does anybody know if faux fur is biodegradable? Or is like made from recycled Walmart plastic bags?

Somehow, an "I'd rather get naked than..." from a playboy model doesn't seem to hold a ton of weight. Getting naked doesn't seem like it would be that difficult a moral position to hold if you've already posed. Mind you, I'm on her side. I think destroying an elephant just to get its tusk, especially for decorative and aesthetic purposes is wrong. Similarly, killing an animal just for its skin or fur seems wrong too. I have less problem with leather, since we eat the cows as well... (Though, I somehow doubt that the leather people where comes from the cows they eat.) but shh... I'm making a point here.

It's not that they kill animals for fur... it's how they do it.

Archived