Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Situation: Stuck at 6 when the pick comes around

Veretax

When we get laron Landry. Secondary is set. Run defense will be pretty solid because of Fletcher and Rocky/ Marshal. Get a good D-end in round 5. Baraka Atkins could be available.

I dont think starting a rookie opposite Sean Taylor is the best idea. At this point in his career he needs a veteran starting beside him.

Branch should be our first round pick unless CJ is somehow available.

To be honest, i really dont see too much lacking in our D-line..we can still get a good solid d-lineman if we wait later in the draft..Laron Landry will be gone in a hurry...

Not seeing much lacking in our DL after last season's running through the middle - against us, the Washington 'Run Football' Redskins? If you can't stop the run you are nobody - which is exactly who we are after last season hence we get the 6th pick.

People need to stop with the Maddenesque evaluation of what we need. IRL DL are important. We neither want nor need a 'solid d-lineman'. We need a true 2 gap tackle so we can stop the run through the middle at the LOS, not 5 yards past it. That in turn will create the conditions that allows GW to use his disguised 'from anywhere' blitzes. Without stopping the run our D cannot blitz any player with a hope of success except luck.

I sometimes wonder if the ESPN cheap deal they give to non US people showed different games to the ones some people were watching in comparison to what I saw each week.

Let's flip it around a little. If we can run on a team at a 5YPC average would you expect us to win? Now ask why you expect us to win if we allow other teams to do the exact same thing on us...

You don't even need to include that a true 2 gap will either collapse the pocket or allow Griffen to do so which in turn means Carter will have a flushed QB in his sights. Or that this would mean that oppossing QBs have less time for their receivers to get seperation meaning more Ints/passes defended/throw aways.

If we can't stop the run we will not win even the division let alone a championship/SB. Granted LL may well get us more shows on a highlight reel but it won't put anymore ticks in the W column.

Which would you rather have?

Archived