Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell to Headline Premiere of Comcast SportsNet's LIVE Daily Sports Talk Show

TK

Comcast in Philly has a daily talk show called Daily News Live. It has writers from the Daily News on everyday. They have about 15-20 different writers that they have on and change from day to day. They also have many other guests from across the sports spectrum. I'm sure this was the premise for the new show in your area. I watch DNL everday, it's been on now I believe for 9 years. Give it some time, but if you like local sports talk you will like the show. I'm sure they will talk about the skins' more than anyone. The key is to have good writers that are good on TV. I like some writers more than others so I like to see who is paired w/ who and you will have an idea how good the show will be that day. After you figure out who you like best just watch the shows w/ your favorite guests. I think many of you will like it. I watch DNL b/c I'm a Sixers and Phillies fan. I may have to tune in on the dish to check out this new show for some skins' talk.

I think I would be more interested in watching paint dry. This is painful to watch and as much as I like Campell the QB, Mr. Personality he is not. But then again, he fit right in with the rest of the panel.

I can only hope that this was a case of the first show jitters.

Besides JC, I was really looking forward to Alex Ovechkin. Too bad he wasn't on tonight.

The show needs some work, but I really value Boswell's opinion on things so I'm certainly going to give this show a shot and stick with it for a while.

As for the JC spot, like others said, if you missed it you didn't really miss anything.

He said he was disappointed about losing Dockery and felt that he was a big loss to the team but that we have some guys on the squad who can fill in.

Just mentioned that he's alot more focused this season knowing he's going to be the starter.

He values Mark Brunell being here and said that Brunell really taught him how to prepare for a game.

He said that Al Saunders' offense attacks defenses with both a verticle and horizontal attack.

That was pretty much it. They did say that JC was going to be a regular contributer to the show and that he would be back.

I'm sure they will talk about the skins' more than anyone. The key is to have good writers that are good on TV.

Key phrase "good on TV". These guys just dont have what it takes for TV IMHO,there has to be some sort of entertainment value to go along with the sports talk and it just isnt there.They may be good writers but you need to have a certain personality to carry one of these shows and I saw none of that tonight.I have seen the Philly show and they have that,not just a few boring sportswriters putting you to sleep for an hour and a half.

Archived