Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Might Be Cheap...but they sure are slick....

Number5

Let me first say that yes...they are cheap. If you want the actual facts of how cheap they are, ask my "pal" tr1. The purpose of this thread is to publically apologize to the F.O. for their "lack of movement" during the FA period.

According to several sources, Adam Schefter, G. Cobb, Howard Eskin and now rotoworld.com, while earlier this morning, the team entertained Kevin Curtis and the LB from Dallas, (who might I add said the coolest thing ever, "I love Dallas, but come on, I'll take less money to play for the Eagles") but right at this moment, they are talking to Mike Doss formerly of the Colts.

According to the sources, Doss was offered a contract, but declined (inside joke says it was a 1 yr. 1.5 million contract). Doss was ready to leave until Coach Reid called him and asked what it would take for him to wear the uniform of the defending NFC East Champions. At this moment, the two sides are working out a potential long term deal for the 26 year old SS whose only knock is staying healthly. A representative for Doss told Schefter that "both sides are confident a deal will be done very soon."

If this happens, then not only would it strengthen the Eagles last line of defense, but it could provide the team with another big hitter who has good coverage skills and excellent speed.

rotoworld.com says that Doss would serve as the 3rd Safety behind Dawkins and Considine, but many people in the area feel as though Doss will learn the defense quickly and replace Considine as the Eagles starting Strong Safety.

What's most interesting is that no one knew that Doss was on the Eagles radar or that he is even in town. Another rumor is that Kevin Curtis never left the city and that the agents that he is hiring are on their way to Philadelphia for first a meeting with him, then with the Eagles as early as tommorrow morning. Also, that big back that most of you have been saying that the Eagles need, one name, COREY DILLON. Supposedly, he cancelled his trip to Buffalo today and will be visiting Philadelphia the early part of next week. He was quoted by Schefter as saying that the Eagles are "now" the only team he wants to play for and hopes to finish his career with a winner.

Things are starting to look up for the Eagles who Bob Griese proclaimed on ESPN have got to be the hands on favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I guess he thinks that the regular season is only played on Madden.

When I find out more stuff, I'll post it.

N5!

P.S.....even though things are moving along for them, the Eagles F.O. still are a bunch of cheap S.O.B.s, but they appear to be some smart cheap S.O.B.s.....

P.S.....even though things are moving along for them, the Eagles F.O. still are a bunch of cheap S.O.B.s, but they appear to be some smart cheap S.O.B.s.....

Thats all that matters. I don't care if my team spends ten bucks, of ten billion. Its all about winning. And thats what philly does. How any of us can come on here and try to blast thier front office is a joke. Dallas, NY, and especially the skins have no room to to talk when it comes to Philly's front office.

They put a winner on the field every year.

Two nights ago the giants were rumoured to have signed ian scott in a secret meeting much like the one you mention with doss for the eagles.

They were talking to kevin curtis

They were interested in the following: deon grant, donnie edwards, dominic rhodes, roderick hood,

They were talking to the broncos about bly

They were talking to the bills about mcgahee

They were talking to the lions about tatum bell

Where were the rumours about reuben droughns?

This is just rumours, and coming from Schefter does in no way make it more likely. Schefter is about as reliable as PFT imo. I bet schefter got his rumour from rotoworld who got their rumour from eskin who got it from some eagles blog, who got it from the eagles message board. If half of what schefter has said is true, good for the eagles. Dillon would be an excellent third down and goalline back for the eagles, doss would be an upgrade over considane, and curtis would be a good pickup and good #2 wr. I do find it highly unlikely dillon would pass up a chance to punish the patriots twice a year and maybe even start in buffalo, but you never know.

I look at it from a whole different perspective.

I feel that almost every year you guys put together a competitive team, but in almost every season you guys come up one play short (or one playmaker short).

I'm sort of glad in a way that the Eagles are kind of on the cheep side and spend "too" wisely.

Because had they just went out and got one more pricey free agent than they did, without being too stubborn and maybe spending just a little bit more money than they wanted to—maybe, just maybe, they might have a SuperBowl trophy by now.

Sorry, that's just how I feel.

I agree with Arsenic, the one time they did make a big move (T.O.), they almost won the superbowl.

Michael Lewis is better than Mike Doss. Doss was a 1st round pick and has pretty much been a bust. He lost his starting job to a rookie.

Stallworth is better than Kevin Curtis. Curtis is nothing more than a poor man's brandon stokley.

If this happens, then not only would it strengthen the Eagles last line of defense, but it could provide the team with another big hitter who has good coverage skills and excellent speed.

Umm...not really.

Hes slow and small.

A very good player in college, maybe just servicable in the pros.

Hes no Bob Sanders bro...

Michael Lewis is better than Mike Doss. Doss was a 1st round pick and has pretty much been a bust. He lost his starting job to a rookie.

Actually, Doss was a 2nd round pick. Also, he was one of the players we were rumored to be interested in in that draft, before Indy picked him.

Course, Doss was never that good, so no great loss there.

Jason

rotoworld.com says that Doss would serve as the 3rd Safety behind Dawkins and Considine, but many people in the area hope that Doss will learn the defense quickly and replace Considine as the Eagles starting Strong Safety.

Fixed that part for ya. ;)

PS - Doss really knows how to wield a handgun as well. Should come in handy in ghetto-ass Philthydelphia. :)

It's funny how Philly fans love to brag about winning the division the past few years. NY and Washington were power houses in the 80's and early 90's and Dallas is one of if not the team of the 90's. Philly had two decades to rebuild there franchise while the other three teams were busy winning championships. On top of that, NY has been to as many SB's as Philly this decade. Now that Philly's one a couple division championships they should become the model that the rest of the NFC East thrives to be? Pathetic.

Some easy reading, below.

Slick? Eagles? No. This is the MO, year in and year out. They're shopping for bargains. Each of the players they brought in have serious flaws, be it age, penchant for injury or character issues.

The Eagles are rolling the dice with other teams' cast-offs.

And let's face it, when they signed TO, they thought they were getting a bargain and put him in a straight-jacket contract.

Philly is cheap and bottom-dwellers when it comes to FAs...

Doss arrested on gun charges

http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/coltsnews/dossarrested.htm

AKRON, Ohio (AP) - Indianapolis Colts safety Mike Doss was arrested Sunday on gun charges.

Police heard five or six shots coming from outside a restaurant around 2:20 a.m. ET, and found shell casings in the area and a gun in Doss' vehicle, according to a statement issued by the Akron Police Department.

The 24-year-old Doss was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, discharging a firearm within city limits, inducing panic and obstructing official business. He posted bond and was released pending a court appearance.

Doss is a third-year pro who won a national championship at Ohio State in 2002.

Colts coach Tony Dungy said Tuesday he would impose a swift and severe punishment although he declined to discuss possible sanctions. Dungy said he must first collect more details about the incident and then confer with NFL officials to see what he can do.

After speaking with Doss by phone, Dungy acknowledged that the third-year safety violated team rules - even though he avoided talking about the criminal charges. The league also could penalize Doss, but Dungy doesn't expect the team to wait long before announcing Doss' punishment.

"We will get all of the facts and determine which of our team rules have been violated and how best to handle that," Dungy said. "I promise you it will be swift and it will be severe."

"It's very, very disappointing," Dungy said. "It's something I'm not happy about."

Mike Callahan, Doss' attorney, declined to comment on the charges, and a message was left by The Associated Press with Doss' agent, Tom Condon.

Doss did not enter a plea in Akron Municipal Court, Callahan said. But the procedure allows a Summit County grand jury, which meets Friday, to consider whether there are grounds for the charges.

"All he did (Tuesday) is what we call a sign and go," Callahan said.

Doss is free on bond.

If Doss remains charged, his arraignment in Summit County Common Pleas Court could occur by June 10, the day after the Colts conclude their summer monthlong summer school program.

But when he returns to the Colts, which Dungy expects to happen Wednesday, there will be more explaining to do.

Dungy was upset with Doss' actions because he often reminds players about their responsibility to act as role models and uphold the image of both the NFL and the Colts. He did that again before giving the players last weekend off.

"The disappointing thing to me is that we talked about this very situation on Thursday when we broke from here," Dungy said. "We said these are some of the things that can happen and don't get involved. It's always disappointing when you have guys in the headlines that are not on the sports pages."

Doss has started 24 games since the Colts took him in the second round of the 2003 NFL draft. He was slowed last season by hamstring and groin injuries.

Actually, Doss was a 2nd round pick. Also, he was one of the players we were rumored to be interested in in that draft, before Indy picked him.

Course, Doss was never that good, so no great loss there.

Jason

I woulda rather had Doss still. Then Im not sure if we would have gotten Taylor though. However, we took Taylor Jacobs, the practice hero with a constant stomach infection.

If we did draft Doss though and Taylor, we would have a pretty sick secondary. That means no Archuleta here too.

It's funny how Philly fans love to brag about winning the division the past few years. NY and Washington were power houses in the 80's and early 90's and Dallas is one of if not the team of the 90's. Philly had two decades to rebuild there franchise while the other three teams were busy winning championships. On top of that, NY has been to as many SB's as Philly this decade. Now that Philly's one a couple division championships they should become the model that the rest of the NFC East thrives to be? Pathetic.
Hmm. Just how did you become a Giants fan dude? being from Canada and all..........I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Giants success in the late 80's and early 90's.:cool:

Hmm. Just how did you become a Giants fan dude? being from Canada and all..........I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Giants success in the late 80's and early 90's.:cool:

When Mark Messier became a Ranger, he joined the bandwagon..... :laugh: :laugh:

When Mark Messier became a Ranger, he joined the bandwagon..... :laugh: :laugh:

Some things should start to heat up today. If the Eagles pull off 2 of these posible moves I will be happy considering the limited cap space they have this year with all the roster bonuses they gave out last season , which are being hit on this years cap. If they do this and not bring in another linebacker I will be ok with addressing it in the draft. The birds are going to have a ton of money next season with all these guys locked up and most of the cap hits are on this years cap. I think the Eagles are really setting themselves up for a run next year. The free agent pool is much better and they saw this ahead of time. I think its why they decided to lock everyone up and take most of the cap hit this year, so they will have lots of money next year. They will still be very good this year regardless.

Some things should start to heat up today. If the Eagles pull off 2 of these posible moves I will be happy considering the limited cap space they have this year with all the roster bonuses they gave out last season , which are being hit on this years cap. If they do this and not bring in another linebacker I will be ok with addressing it in the draft. The birds are going to have a ton of money next season with all these guys locked up and most of the cap hits are on this years cap. I think the Eagles are really setting themselves up for a run next year. The free agent pool is much better and they saw this ahead of time. I think its why they decided to lock everyone up and take most of the cap hit this year, so they will have lots of money next year. They will still be very good this year regardless.

Two names to look for....

Aaron Ross CB

Justin Durant OLB

JJ has always liked physical corners and "hybrid" OLBs with speed. Ross fits the bill as a tough corner who at 6'0" could make a serious impact right away and Durant could be the new Joker. At 6'7" him, Kearse and Thomas could cause problems with there speed and height.

Two names to look for....

Aaron Ross CB

Justin Durant OLB

JJ has always liked physical corners and "hybrid" OLBs with speed. Ross fits the bill as a tough corner who at 6'0" could make a serious impact right away and Durant could be the new Joker. At 6'7" him, Kearse and Thomas could cause problems with there speed and height.

I think they wil take cb with the first pick unless they shock us and hopefuly take Paul Posz, but when do they do that. If they sign Doss they won't take a safety. Don't be surprised if they take a TE in the early rounds because LS Smith is in his contract year and probably wont be back.

Who are some Free Agents next year?

Who are some Free Agents next year?

I don't have a list but I keep hearing how much deeper it is with talent. Chris Cooley is one,LOL, you know the redskins arent smart enough to lock him up. Did you see the money that backup TE from the Giants got from the Vikings? Imagine how much LJ Smith and Colley will get? They would be stupid not to test the market.

I think they wil take cb with the first pick unless they shock us and hopefuly take Paul Posz, but when do they do that. If they sign Doss they won't take a safety. Don't be surprised if they take a TE in the early rounds because LS Smith is in his contract year and probably wont be back.

They like local talent. The kid from Delaware fits the bill. Fast, athletic, can catch, and an "above average" blocker.

Archived