Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A few good Jamaal Anderson sacks

mistertim

Either one is a sure bet!!!

I think they are both great players. IMO one has more upside and is more athletic (Anderson) and one is more proven and experienced (Adams). If we didn't already have a speed rushing end in Carter I would say Adams would be a good idea (provided he packed on some extra pounds). However, since we have that on the right side, I think a big guy like Anderson who is a great pass rusher and great against the run is extremely important. Having two speed rushers is risky since it is going to leave gaps in the running game.

I think they are both great players. IMO one has more upside and is more athletic (Anderson) and one is more proven and experienced (Adams). If we didn't already have a speed rushing end in Carter I would say Adams would be a good idea (provided he packed on some extra pounds). However, since we have that on the right side, I think a big guy like Anderson who is a great pass rusher and great against the run is extremely important. Having two speed rushers is risky since it is going to leave gaps in the running game.

And considering how bad our run game was lat year, a runs stoping DE that creates alot of problems in the passing game is a good thing.

I wouldn't mind that plan. Though with our luck Springs will go to a different team, not get injured at all, and have a pro bowl season this year. :doh:

Yeah, and the thing is, he had a D-line and was healthy, he is certianly good enough to be a pro-bowler. Yeah, he's getting older and had been injured but when healthy, he's probably a top 5 corner still. Outside of the injury thing, I would rather keep him than trade him. I kinda hope we keep him around for at least another year.

And considering how bad our run game was lat year, a runs stoping DE that creates alot of problems in the passing game is a good thing.

Exactly. If we can potentially get two for the price of one, why not do it? He has amazing talent and can only get better with NFL coaching. A true all down DE that is always a threat in the pass game as well is a rarity. We should take it while it is there.

Yeah, and the thing is, he had a D-line and was healthy, he is certianly good enough to be a pro-bowler. Yeah, he's getting older and had been injured but when healthy, he's probably a top 5 corner still. Outside of the injury thing, I would rather keep him than trade him. I kinda hope we keep him around for at least another year.

I agree with keeping Springs here for now. Lets see how he ends up this year with a (hopefully) improved pass rush and another good player in Smoot out there taking up some slack. No reason to throw him to the wolves so fast. He is injury prone, yes, but when he is healthy he really is a shutdown CB. If the Skins are smart they can probably keep him pretty healthy since they have new CB talent that can rotate in.

You really think that Sapp and Freeney were considered elite "can't miss" talent? If that is true there must have been LOTS of elite "can't miss" talent in those drafts since Sapp went at #12 in the '95 draft and Freeney went at #11 in the '02 draft, both behind other D linemen. It's easy to look at a player now and say they were obviously elite talent back then, but the facts of the draft speak otherwise. They were guys who had lots of potential upside but were not considered "can't miss" talent. Pretty much the same as most other drafts. I see tons of potential and upside in Anderson and obviously others do too since he is projected to go pretty high.

Sapp's stock dropped on draft day because of off-field concerns. I remember watching that draft, and as every team passed on him, they kept showing him and the broadcasters kept talking about how they were surprised anyone would pass on him.

Jamaal Anderson is the payer I want the skins to draft the most. They need a defensive end of his type to pair with Carter in the worst way. Forget this Okoye business.....Okoye is not big enough IMO.

I'd like to see the 'skins target Anderson. If they can trade down, and still get him do it. Otherwise, stay at #6 and Anderson. Do you know how hard it is to find quality DEs????

I don' want to see the 'skins get cute here and trade down and then back up and lose out on an impact player like Anderson. The 'skins need to rebuild the DL now and it starts with this stud.

Archived