Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A few good Jamaal Anderson sacks

mistertim

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any sort of highlight video for Anderson but I was looking through some Arkansas game highlights on youtube and found a few good ones that I think show various abilities.

This is the Arkansas/Tennessee game. The sack comes at the 1:07 mark. This one shows good edge rushing and a really impressive burst to close in on the QB after he beats the Tackle (especially for a guy as huge as he is).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=amlEeXR519E

This is the Arkansas/Auburn game. The sack is actually the first play they show but there is an intro so it comes at about the :40 mark. This one shows impressive power. He is lined up against the Tackle and the TE comes over to double team him. He basically overpowers both of them and knocks the crap out of the QB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jXn7-bWQynA

This is another one from the Arkansas/Tennessee game. The sack comes at the 3:18 mark. This one shows some good footwork and agility as he goes inside and slips past the OG.

I like what I see in him so far. :cheers:

EDIT: Sorry about that. The Auburn one is actually a tackle for a loss, not a sack. Either way it is impressive the way he manhandled the Tackle and TE.

i like what i see too, so now that the Bly trades are gone, im looking forward to seein him here

I disagree, I still can see us trading down for Okoye or another solid DT in the 1st and a DE in the second unless maybe Adams is still on the table at #6.:)

i like what i see too, so now that the Bly trades are gone, im looking forward to seein him here
I disagree, I still can see us trading down for Okoye or another solid DT in the 1st and a DE in the second unless maybe Adams is still on the table at #6.:)

I disagree too.

I still see us trading our 2007 #1 pick, plus Sean Taylor AND Santana Moss for Dre Bly.

Otherwise, what else would all the disillusioned fans on ES have to talk about, this offseason ?

Okoye's stock is still rising. I think the only way we could trade down and still pick him up is if some coveted player falls to us and we can trade down a few spots. He may very well crack the top 10. I'm not really that sold on adams. Too much of a pure speed rushing tweener. We have one in carter. I'd rather have Anderson who is a great pass rusher and stout against the run.

Tennessee had a terrible line, though.

Wisconsin certainly didn't, and he had 2 sacks against them in the Capital One Bowl. :)

That is one of the things I like about Anderson: he appears to get most of his sacks against the better teams they play. As the level of his competition goes up, so does his play it seems.

Boy, he sure turned the Tennessee OG inside out on that stunt, didn't he?

He looks like a good talent, and I prefer his size to Adams's athleticism.

To be honest I think Anderson has the edge on both size and athleticism. He was a high school basketball star and track star. He went to Arkansas as a 6'6 210 lb WR, was asked to convert to DE, gained 70+ lbs and by his junior year was the sack leader in a very tough conference and second in tackles for a loss. If that isn't a freakish athlete I don't know what is. The thing Gaines has going for him is experience. He has been in college for 5 years. He redshirted his first year then played for 4.

i'll take neither, thank you very much. for a #6 pick (which we could use to get more picks & fill more depth) there is not one ultra-impressive DL in this draft. Branch is on the edge but it's been noted by a few "experts" that on game-day he doesn't eat up as much space as you would think he should & he isn't as responsible for the Michigan stout run D as most people think.

that's a dangerous assesment when looking into a DT. Okoye actually gets more steady praise, but still isn't that impressive. I believe if we're thinking DT at the #6 spot that we should start thinking about another position or trading for more picks. if forced with a gun to our heads to pick DT at that spot I guess Branch is our best option...but I still think we could do better signing a depth guy at that spot & picking up a stud safety like Landry or Nelson.

I'm just not enamoured with any of the DL in this draft. I think many of them are bust material. there's definitely no Sapps or Freeneys in this draft...more like Jimmy Kennedys & Robert Fergusons.

I reeeeaaaally hope we trade down & get a mid 1st rounder & a 2nd. possibly even acquire a 3rd or 4th as well by sending Archuleta, Betts, or maybe even Lloyd (never happen, contract is too much for anyone else to stomach). anyways...I'll just keep my faith in our coach, HOFer Joe Gibbs & trust that he'll bring us the kind of talent & characters we need to win in this league.

after all, what do I know eh?

i'll take neither, thank you very much. for a #6 pick (which we could use to get more picks & fill more depth) there is not one ultra-impressive DL in this draft. Branch is on the edge but it's been noted by a few "experts" that on game-day he doesn't eat up as much space as you would think he should & he isn't as responsible for the Michigan stout run D as most people think.

that's a dangerous assesment when looking into a DT. Okoye actually gets more steady praise, but still isn't that impressive. I believe if we're thinking DT at the #6 spot that we should start thinking about another position or trading for more picks. if forced with a gun to our heads to pick DT at that spot I guess Branch is our best option...but I still think we could do better signing a depth guy at that spot & picking up a stud safety like Landry or Nelson.

I'm just not enamoured with any of the DL in this draft. I think many of them are bust material. there's definitely no Sapps or Freeneys in this draft...more like Jimmy Kennedys & Robert Fergusons.

I reeeeaaaally hope we trade down & get a mid 1st rounder & a 2nd. possibly even acquire a 3rd or 4th as well by sending Archuleta, Betts, or maybe even Lloyd (never happen, contract is too much for anyone else to stomach). anyways...I'll just keep my faith in our coach, HOFer Joe Gibbs & trust that he'll bring us the kind of talent & characters we need to win in this league.

after all, what do I know eh?

You really think that Sapp and Freeney were considered elite "can't miss" talent? If that is true there must have been LOTS of elite "can't miss" talent in those drafts since Sapp went at #12 in the '95 draft and Freeney went at #11 in the '02 draft, both behind other D linemen. It's easy to look at a player now and say they were obviously elite talent back then, but the facts of the draft speak otherwise. They were guys who had lots of potential upside but were not considered "can't miss" talent. Pretty much the same as most other drafts. I see tons of potential and upside in Anderson and obviously others do too since he is projected to go pretty high.

This Anderson kid looked great in those videos. The second one, where he overpowers two men to get the to the ballcarrier, is extremely impressive. There are only two DL players that I want in this draft. Anderson and Okoye. I'd rather have Anderson though. He looks like he can be a really great player.

You really think that Sapp and Freeney were considered elite "can't miss" talent? If that is true there must have been LOTS of elite "can't miss" talent in those drafts since Sapp went at #12 in the '95 draft and Freeney went at #11 in the '02 draft, both behind other D linemen. It's easy to look at a player now and say they were obviously elite talent back then, but the facts of the draft speak otherwise. They were guys who had lots of potential upside but were not considered "can't miss" talent. Pretty much the same as most other drafts. I see tons of potential and upside in Anderson and obviously others do too since he is projected to go pretty high.

look...my point is those guys would be considered elite talent NOW. the only DL guys that have lived up to their "elite" draft status & were the first D-Linemen taken at they're position were Peppers &...um...well...i'm sure there might be, no, there's not.

sure, we might get a lucky pick, but I'd rather take something more concrete. just my opinion.

I have heard people saying that Anderson could be the next Julius Peppers. I have not seen Anderson play all that much, but if there is even a chance that this guy can come close to playing like Peppers, then we just can't even think about picking anyone else.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any sort of highlight video for Anderson but I was looking through some Arkansas game highlights on youtube and found a few good ones that I think show various abilities.

This is the Arkansas/Tennessee game. The sack comes at the 1:07 mark. This one shows good edge rushing and a really impressive burst to close in on the QB after he beats the Tackle (especially for a guy as huge as he is).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=amlEeXR519E

This is the Arkansas/Auburn game. The sack is actually the first play they show but there is an intro so it comes at about the :40 mark. This one shows impressive power. He is lined up against the Tackle and the TE comes over to double team him. He basically overpowers both of them and knocks the crap out of the QB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jXn7-bWQynA

This is another one from the Arkansas/Tennessee game. The sack comes at the 3:18 mark. This one shows some good footwork and agility as he goes inside and slips past the OG.

I like what I see in him so far. :cheers:

EDIT: Sorry about that. The Auburn one is actually a tackle for a loss, not a sack. Either way it is impressive the way he manhandled the Tackle and TE.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

This is the first time Ive seen highlights of this guys. The work you put into this thread was very appreciated. I was starting to think I was gonna have to wait until after we drafted him, to see what kind of tools he's working with. Jamaal looks like a monster from the little that Ive seen. :helmet:

I'd take LaRon Landry over Okoye from pick 6-20. Okoye doesn't impress me other then his young age. Anderson has loads of raw talent over Okoye. If Okoye was 21 or 22, he wouldn't be getting this hype. He's had 3 years of college level coaching and conditioning, he's 19, I really find it hard to believe that in 3 more years he's going to be this unstoppable force. People say his benefit is he's young, but if he's good, he'll be outta here by the time hes 23 or 24, not even in his prime, he will demand so much we probably wont be able to re-sign him.

Very impressive. That Auburn play is incredible. And the first Tennessee play seems to show some nice speed on the outside. I'll be very happy if we pick him up.

Yeah he definitely just manhandled those guys. I also love the 2nd Tennessee sack where he went to the inside and just shoved the QB down and shook his head at him like he was saying "don't you ever learn?"

Archived