Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McGahee To Ravens! Per ESPN.com

Number5

Did I miss something as to why McGahee was on the block? They really have no plan B in tow.

He's in the final year of his contract and I don't think they planned on re-signing him. They had a problem with his attitude too I guess. Looks like Buffalos going to spend their money on OL and draft low cost RBs to run behind it.

why let Lewis go, trade away picks for McGahee, when several equally good backs available?

The only conclusion I can come to is that they want to play a different style of the run-game now...going from down-hill to a faster paced running scheme. They certainly have to feel like McGahee was the perfect fit to do what they did though. I can't imagine that Lewis would have cost much more, if at all than McGahee.

Now this is a team we should be trading with - Buffalo. Trade down from #6 to #12 and pick up their 2nd rounder. They would still have 2 1st day picks (their 3rd and Baltimores) and could land Adrian Peterson if Cleveland passes.

We get to pick up Amobi Okoye or Adam Carriker and get a nice solid 2nd rounder to either address the Dline again or maybe draft a guard. Vinny - get on the phone!

if your gonna disagree at least give a reason

I get tired of discussing this topic. Mcgahee is overrated. He plays with no heart, he didn't want to be in Buffalo, he bashes Buffalo, and frankly they should have kept Henry years ago instead of him. With two third round picks and two next year, they have the flexibility to move up both years. In fact now that the Browns have a rb, they might not have to move too far up to get Peterson.

Edit: Forgot to mention he is under contract for one more year and they certainly weren't going to resign him. So basically they got two thirds and a 7th for a player who wouldn't have been there next year anyways. That is a whole lot better than getting nothing.

Nice offseason for the Bills. Lose your two best defensive players, your best offensive weapon, and drastically overpay for a guard.

McGahee != best offensive weapon. Ever heard of Lee Evans?

Now this is a team we should be trading with - Buffalo. Trade down from #6 to #12 and pick up their 2nd rounder. They would still have 2 1st day picks (their 3rd and Baltimores) and could land Adrian Peterson if Cleveland passes.

We get to pick up Amobi Okoye or Adam Carriker and get a nice solid 2nd rounder to either address the Dline again or maybe draft a guard. Vinny - get on the phone!

Now this guy knows what hes talking about, fire Vinny hire Dirk now Danny boy!!!!

I dont know why they (Ravens) just didnt pony up the cash for Lewis instead of renting McGahee for a year or two?

I think Skip Bayless said it best this morning...

"Lewis is only 27 but the amount of tread on those tires show he's more like 37. Besides, if you can't get yards behind that line, then you deserve to play in Cleveland."

I get tired of discussing this topic. Mcgahee is overrated. He plays with no heart, he didn't want to be in Buffalo, he bashes Buffalo, and frankly they should have kept Henry years ago instead of him. With two third round picks and two next year, they have the flexibility to move up both years. In fact now that the Browns have a rb, they might not have to move too far up to get Peterson.

McGahee != best offensive weapon. Ever heard of Lee Evans?

well thats a reason

"Lewis is only 27 but the amount of tread on those tires show he's more like 37. Besides, if you can't get yards behind that line, then you deserve to play in Cleveland."

To me they are a wash really; Lewis might have more miles but McGahee has had a bad suspension problem in the past (to keep with with the car analogy).

To me they are a wash really; Lewis might have more miles but McGahee has had a bad suspension problem in the past (to keep with with the car analogy).

Good point. I guess that the Ravens like McGahee's speed rather than the pure power of Lewis. Oh well.....at least Corey Dillion will be a featured back again. I wonder if he could persuade Henderson to join him where ever he goes. We all know Dillion needs a big fullback to block for him or else he's trash.

I disagree with Skip on the Baltimore OL. Besides Ogden, the rest of that OL is pretty average.

Archived