Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins take another beating:CBS Sportsline..

Joey T

so this means the Pats signing of 30 year old Adalius Thomas is a clear mistake? :)

what's the difference between the two signings? both were for needs. both featured players who had proven they can play in the NFL.

samething that i was thinking. And whats worse is that a year earlier they signed 150 year old ( i mean 35 year old ) Junior Seau, and you didn't hear a peep from anyone.

I think this time we signed two guys(Smoot and Fletcher) that fit our system unlike last year with Adam A. the highest paid special team-er in the league!!I think Fletcher will be a good addition and still should have some good years in him even at age 32!!

He also doesn't mention the butt load of money the Patriots ponied up for 30 yr old LB A. Thomas. Absolutly no Redskins bias from him. :doh:

I am going to do what Peyton Manning did. He shut off all sound because he got tired of clowns giving dumb opinions. And he stopped the newspaper from coming to his home.

There is so much bias. i was watching the sports reporters today. They were talking about best players in the NBA. They did not even mention Kobe Bryants name. It was so obvious they did it on purpose because they still hate him because of the rape accusation.

But there comes a point that you just have to shut off everything like Peyton Manning did and ignore them.

Prisco is a prick, that guy hasn't written a single positive thing about the Skins, even during their late season run two years ago.

We didn't overpay for Fletcher, and he is an immediate improvement to our defense. And mentioning the Brunell signing which took place 3 years ago is so unnecessary and reveals his bias on the topic.

I think this time we signed two guys(Smoot and Fletcher) that fit our system unlike last year with Adam A. the highest paid special team-er in the league!!I think Fletcher will be a good addition and still should have some good years in him even at age 32!!

I see a lot parallel between this offseason and the one two years ago (the offseason before we went to the playoffs). Except that year we made the big move in trading for Moss. But we are just making a few minor signings based on need and that is what I really wanted to see with FA. The period isn't done yet, but I think the Skins have been smart thus far (pending what the FO decides to do about LG).

so this means the Pats signing of 30 year old Adalius Thomas is a clear mistake? :)

what's the difference between the two signings? both were for needs. both featured players who had proven they can play in the NFL.

I'll take it one step further. Our signing featured a player who has proven himself in THIS defensive system. Their signing featured a player who (while I think he will probably do just fine) has proven himself mostly just to be a great gimmick player for the Ravens. Who knows how he'll fit with Belichick and the Pats?

Prisco is a prick, that guy hasn't written a single positive thing about the Skins, even during their late season run two years ago.

We didn't overpay for Fletcher, and he is an immediate improvement to our defense. And mentioning the Brunell signing which took place 3 years ago is so unnecessary and reveals his bias on the topic.

i dont think he was referring to the brunell signing, i think he was referring to jeff garcia signing with the bucs...

prisco is either an eagles fan or giants fan, i cant remember which and dont feel like going to the website to look...

but dont look at him as an unbiased reporter look at him as a fan of an opposing team in the nfc east and then you will understand why he says all this nonsense.

Peter Prisco reports:

"Signing rising players is much wiser than spending on 37-year-old quarterbacks or 31-year-old linebackers like the Redskins did with London Fletcher-Baker."

He also talks about overpaying for guards, Dockery mentioned, among others.

He forgot to mention what the pukes paid for an underachieving Leonard Davis

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10038118

Whoa Whoa Brunell wasnt 37 when we sign him, Warner was old when NYG, and ARZ sign him. No one said anything negative about that. Thomas is like 30 years old and NE gave him a big contract, and Junior Seau. Oh yeah what about Tampa Bay signing Garcia. I just dont get it.

cmon now bulldog...I like the Fletcher signing...but are you kidding me? AD is a difference maker....Fletcher will be a competent gap filler. the players aren't even in the same league when it comes to ability and impact.

cmon now bulldog...I like the Fletcher signing...but are you kidding me? AD is a difference maker....Fletcher will be a competent gap filler. the players aren't even in the same league when it comes to ability and impact.

Either I am missing the sarcasm here or something but London Fletcher is a tackling machine on what is not a great team. He runs that defence exceptionally well and has 130+ tackles a season... he doesn't have the same sack nos as Thomas but he plays a different possition.

Look at Ray Lewis for comparision with LF and then consider that Thomas played in one of the most gifted defences in the leauge . All he has to do is rush the passer.

If anything though I can see the 32 year old LF fitting in better here as he is transitioning from a Greg Williams system to a Greg Williams system to play a 4-3 MLB role as he has before where as the 30 yo Thomas is going from a 4-3 WSLB to the pats 3-4 system to play what possition?

Either I am missing the sarcasm here or something but London Fletcher is a tackling machine on what is not a great team. He runs that defence exceptionally well and has 130+ tackles a season... he doesn't have the same sack nos as Thomas but he plays a different possition.

Look at Ray Lewis for comparision with LF and then consider that Thomas played in one of the most gifted defences in the leauge . All he has to do is rush the passer.

If anything though I can see the 32 year old LF fitting in better here as he is transitioning from a Greg Williams system to a Greg Williams system to play a 4-3 MLB role as he has before where as the 30 yo Thomas is going from a 4-3 WSLB to the pats 3-4 system to play what possition?

again...I have no problem with the Fletcher signing and see the need. I was arguiing that he and AD are not equivalent players. Arguiing team creates the player only carries so much weight - that argument rings true for EVERY player. AD is a young player, an all-PRO, who is not one dimensional as you suggest.

Am I happy with Fletcher? Sure. Would I rather have AD?...in a heartbeat! younger, better pass rusher, tackling machine........

Peter Prisco reports:

"Signing rising players is much wiser than spending on 37-year-old quarterbacks or 31-year-old linebackers like the Redskins did with London Fletcher-Baker."

He also talks about overpaying for guards, Dockery mentioned, among others.

He forgot to mention what the pukes paid for an underachieving Leonard Davis

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10038118

Spending on rising stars is what we did last year and they beat us down then also. Yes, I feel Lloyd and Randel El will be stars for a long time to come.

Archived