Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Need Pass Rushers!!

Guest Knightwchmn

Guest Knightwchmn

I am very excited about Fletcher and Smoot... but this doesn't address the real problem... we need up front guys to get pressure on the QB?? I don't care if you have Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson and Ronnie Lott all in their prime... If a QB has between 8 and 10 seconds to find someone open... they will.

We have to be able to pressure the QB's without sending the whole team on a blitz.

Is why the Bucs were so effective of so long... their front four alone could pressure the best QB's, leaving 7 other guys running around in open field providing coverage. That is why when they intercepted the ball, it usually translated into "6".

Yea we still got the draft. Not really any other big pass rushers on the market. Also with our Draft pick and Andre Carter really came on towards the end and Griffin being healthy I think we'll be ok. I think Greg Williams is gonna draw up some better blitzes now that he'll feel more comfy leaving his CB on an Island

I think we should improve through the draft with the line.

I'm hoping Carter picks it up this year and gets into the groove of things, I think Golston is going to get better too, he was pretty good for a late draft pick.

I def think we should pick up Kerney. He will help out the pass rush big time. It will take the focus off of Carter leaving him one-on-one most of the time. Then in the draft we can get someone like Branch or trade down and get Okoye and then another young DE to learn under Kerney.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! Going into the second day of free agency,(and let's not even discuss that the draft is over a month away), and some you are already clamoring about what the Redskins still "need". Patience. Cripes. Patience. :doh:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! Going into the second day of free agency,(and let's not even discuss that the draft is over a month away), and some you are already clamoring about what the Redskins still "need". Patience. Cripes. Patience. :doh:

*Guns n' Roses* song patience starts...

The problem I see is that there aren't a whole lot of these guys who are the real deal who are even available. DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney-caliber players, I can think of maybe five or six in that top tier (I'm no roster junkie, though).

We keep getting guys like Andre Carter who are supposed to be that guy, but never are. I worry we'll do the same thing again this year, since we don't have a GM.

Yes we are obviously setting up for a DLINE filled draft.

Lets not forget that this defense was ranked in the top 5 with a good secondary and LB's and a poor DLINE.

But the draft is for DLINE, in my opinion hopefully its gaines adams but I doubt he'll fall, so i'll take anderson or branch

Andre Carter started playing very well down the stretch and started to show some ability rushing the passer. I'm not sure we do actually need pass rushers so much as complete defensive ends who have some pass rush ability plus having the ability to hold their ground on the edge to help the running game.

I actually prefer to think we'll draft the big DT from Michigan than a defensive end as I think in our defense we will get pressure with better coverage and that presumably could be on the horizon.

Archived