Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dock Is A Bill

MattFancy

7 years 49 million with 16 million guaranteed.
Buffalo just overpaid for an OK guard. Good luck Bills.

Dock is much better than "okay," but he isn't worth 16 million in guarantees. I just hope we don't go out and spend that much on somebody else. If we're going to spend it, I'd rather see it spent on our own.

Dock is much better than "okay," but he isn't worth 16 million in guarantees. I just hope we don't go out and spend that much on somebody else. If we're going to spend it, I'd rather see it spent on our own.

I totally agree. However, with the market being set with Dock's contract I'd be surprised if it was too different. I sure hope they don't get near that number for Leonard Davis. I don't even think Dock was worth that much, but at least it would be one of our own guys.

Man, that is too much guranteed for Dockery, by a lot.

That being said, I can't imagine what would be said about another team who let this type of player sign with someone else.

I couldn't imagine what the "experts" would be saying had we re-signed him for that much. Think about it :)

we should all be furious with the front office and vinny cerato for not getting this done. this may be the worst of all the losses in the last few years. he is by far the best guard in FA

Just because he is the "best guard in FA" doesn't mean that you overpay for him.

There is a delicate balance between talent level and the amount of cash a player is asking for in his contract. Dockery obviously overvalues himself and found a sucker team that agreed with him.

we should all be furious with the front office and vinny cerato for not getting this done. this may be the worst of all the losses in the last few years. he is by far the best guard in FA

dude, stop :doh: , Eric Steinbach was the BEST FA guard available.

Depends. Does that "other team" have 18 bajillion dollars in cap room? :silly:

The Eagles have less cap room than anyone in the league after resiging Mikell and Thomas. We currently have about 8 mill in cap room, about 4 mill less than Washington.

^

According to random numbers acquired on message boards.

Archived