Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Skins target Fletcher Sturdy Linebacker, Smoot Seen as Possible Free Agent Signees

Skinsinparadise

Find someone else. There has to be a reason we are the only team serious about him.

This reminds me of B lloyd all over again.

I don't see how this move would compare to Lloyd at all.

As far as finding someone else, who is available on the FA market that could fill our need for a MLB as well as Fletcher can?

The answer is, nobody.

Ok what "freak in the middle" would you like to get? Should RS1 fly to Chicago and kidnap Urlacher?

Trade down and find your Urlacker around pick 12-13 like the Bears did 7 year ago.

We never learn. We still go for name the coaching staff knows instead of pure talent.

It reminds me of getting another Phillup Daniels. BLACH COACHED HIM so go for him when no other team is serious about him.

I don't see how this move would compare to Lloyd at all.

As far as finding someone else, who is available on the FA market that could fill our need for a MLB as well as Fletcher can?

The answer is, nobody.

Then find a middle linebacker in the draft. Trade down. You do not have to pick up the best avalible vet for the hell of it.

Promote from within. Why can we not scout new talent. Flecher is another Daniels. Not great and not bad.

Trade down and find your Urlacker around pick 12-13 like the Bears did 7 year ago.

We never learn. We still go for name the coaching staff knows instead of pure talent.

It reminds me of getting another Phillup Daniels. BLACH COACHED HIM so go for him when no other team is serious about him.

There is nobody in this draft that is comparable to Urlacher talent wise, and certainly not a guy that could step in and have the impact that Fletcher will have. Sign Fletcher and use that pick to add much needed youth and passrush to the DL.

Ok so you're saying that you or someone else can predict what pick at 12-13 will turn out to be an elite player in the NFL? That is nonsensical. Hindsight is incredibly easy. Did you predict that Pierce would be a stud MLB before he was even moved to that position? Nobody knows what draft picks will be great and which won't. Should we just keep drafting an MLB at 12-13 for years until we hit a gem? Lets use a bit of sense here.

Then find a middle linebacker in the draft. Trade down. You do not have to pick up the best avalible vet for the hell of it.

Promote from within. Why can we not scout new talent. Flecher is another Daniels. Not great and not bad.

Right, and have a rookie MLB running the defense? Nice plan.

No thanks.

We did promote from within when Pierce left. Marshall didn't fit the bill. Fletcher is a known commodity in Gregg Williams' defense and that's why he's being signed. And it's a smart signing. He'll lead this team in tackles.

There is nobody in this draft that is comparable to Urlacher talent wise, and certainly not a guy that could step in and have the impact that Fletcher will have. Sign Fletcher and use that pick to add much needed youth and passrush to the DL.

Of course we think that. But you never know. That is why its key to have great scouts. Find that guy that everyone is not talking about.

Find Tom Brady, Joe Montana.

I am tired of the i coached Flecher or Phillup Daniels. I coached Warrick Holdman .

WE KNOW Flechers game. He is not a pro bowler. DEAR TO BE GREAT. Do not fall back on what you know.

Fletcher is just a quick fix. I wouldn't be suprized if we did trade down and draft a LB this year, but I'd rather have the veteran than knows the system start this year. It's just a matter of time before the moves Gibbs and company have made look the way they are suppose to because they've already made so many good moves. Portis / Moss / M.Washington / Cooley / Taylor and so on.

Ok so you're saying that you or someone else can predict what pick at 12-13 will turn out to be an elite player in the NFL? That is nonsensical. Hindsight is incredibly easy. Did you predict that Pierce would be a stud MLB before he was even moved to that position? Nobody knows what draft picks will be great and which won't. Should we just keep drafting an MLB at 12-13 for years until we hit a gem? Lets use a bit of sense here.

LOL . You sound like snyder. The Lakers should of never traded for Kobe Bryant and sent Divac away. THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WOULD GET IN DIVAC.

Who could of known Kobe was going to score 35 ppg?

THAT is why u get a good front office.

I am not surprised that the Skins were unimpressed with Adams and Branch--it proves once again that the front office can't evaluate talent. Also, I fail to see how adding an average MLB and CB will help the defense.

Of course we think that. But you never know. That is why its key to have great scouts. Find that guy that everyone is not talking about.

I am tired of the i coached Flecher or Phillup Daniels. I coached Warrick Holdman .

WE KNOW Flechers game. He is not a pro bowler. DEAR TO BE GREAT. Do not fall back on what you know.

Jeez... Fletcher has nothing in common with Holdman or Daniels. Maybe you should think and do some research before you make those kinds of comparisons.

Fletcher has been much more productive at his position than either of those two players... by far! And he's durable. Unlike Holdman and Daniels, Fletcher doesn't have a history of injury.

That is fine but you have to "DEAR TO BUST" as well if you are going to take that philosophy. I don't think there is a scout in the nation who could have told you that Brady would be a probable HOF QB when he was drafted. If they had do you really think he would have gone as far back as he did? It was LUCK. Plain and simple. He was picked to be a backup QB and then went in and lit it up. I'm not trying to go after you, honestly. I just think that the way you're approaching this is very hindsight and is not taking into account the risks associated...mostly that many more players you draft are going to be busts or just "ok" than are going to be studs or potential HOF'ers.

Find someone else. There has to be a reason we are the only team serious about him.

This reminds me of B lloyd all over again.

Seriously, you may wish to consider whether opening your mouth is a wise thing in this world. This team was interested in Santana Moss and Marcus Washington and Cornelius Griffin and Shawn Springs and Clinton Portis too. What reminds you of them. The benefit of free agent or other offseason acquisitions has been in our favor. If all you can think about is one of the few that has not worked out, you need to improve your understanding.

Fletcher has been a pretty solid player for a long time. He's actually a short linebacker, but not a small one. I think seeing your comments reveals the real issue with this move is you don't know enough about the game to know whether it's good or bad and you lack the willpower to avoid notice.

Regarding us signing London Fletcher, for some reason the only thing I can think of is Mike Barrow. He was about the same age at the time, had only missed a couple games in his career, just had a 150 tackle season.....it just gives me a bad feeling.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't enamored with Adams, Branch, or Anderson. I don't see any of these 3 living up to #6 overall pick status. I hope we can trade down.

LOL . You sound like snyder. The Lakers should of never traded for Kobe Bryant and sent Divac away. THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WOULD GET IN DIVAC.

Who could of known Kobe was going to score 35 ppg?

THAT is why u get a good front office.

Ok so I sound like Snyder because I'm saying that nobody can truly predict what a draft pick will do in the NFL? You're talking as if a good front office is prescient or something and can see into the future. It simply isn't like that. Yes many scouts are better at evaluating talent than others, but at the end of the day it is usually a toss up because there is simply no way to predict how that player will react when put in at the next level. You can guess who has a better chance than others, but no scout or FO can pick out the next Hall of Fame player during the draft.

With the implosion of LLoyd and Arch last year, I doubt the staff will be quick to go after players they don't know personally.

Add another peg for Fletcher, Clements, and Smoot.

I think Clements is out of our range, and that'll be fine.

I don't think people remember how important a good MLB is for this team. I remember Griffin exalting Pierce's play... that Antonio put him in position before the snap to make a big play.

I love Lemar, but Fletcher has more experience at MLB and more experience with this system. The ONLY way this move doesn't pay off is if Fletcher were to get hurt.

This draft is deep with defensive line talent. That's what we need to address with our first round pick. Not MLB.

If there were a sure fire Urlacher type talent in this draft I'd say go for it. But there isn't.

URLACKER was not sure fire. Why do u think he was drafted in the teens.

It takes a great front office to make a team great.

What we are doing is over paying for other teams cast offs.

If Flecher was any good we would be in a bidding war.

Ok so I sound like Snyder because I'm saying that nobody can truly predict what a draft pick will do in the NFL? You're talking as if a good front office is prescient or something and can see into the future. It simply isn't like that. Yes many scouts are better at evaluating talent than others, but at the end of the day it is usually a toss up because there is simply no way to predict how that player will react when put in at the next level. You can guess who has a better chance than others, but no scout or FO can pick out the next Hall of Fame player during the draft.

You do not need a hall of fame player to be a Flecher. Flecher is not even a borderline pro bowler.

He will go along like the rest of the redskins average over paid players

URLACKER was not sure fire. Why do u think he was drafted in the teens.

It takes a great front office to make a team great.

What we are doing is over paying for other teams cast offs.

If Flecher was any good we would be in a bidding war.

Seriously man, you need to just quit yapping. Urlacher was taken in the top 10 picks. Not the teens. I believe he went 9th overall.

The more you type, the more you prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

You do not need a hall of fame player to be a Flecher. Flecher is not even a borderline pro bowler.

He will go along like the rest of the redskins average over paid players

:doh: You were the one who was talking about getting a Brady or Montana or Urlacher, not me. One of those guys is in the HOF and the other two are likely to be there barring serious injuries. I was just asking how me saying that you can't predict who will come out and be an elite player from the draft made me like Snyder. It is next to impossible to predict who will do what, especially in later rounds. Did you have your eye on Golston during the draft last year? He isn't an elite player but he came in as a 6th round pick and is doing pretty well in the pros all things considered. It is a crapshoot most of the time. Getting Fletcher for now will help out a lot. In the meantime we can draft an MLB in the next couple of years and let him develop into a leader of this defense.

Archived