Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My newest toy................

Pete

Well, for once I fell into it ;) I've been wanting to customize my 05 black Bonneville, but being I ride all year and get stuck in the rain often, it just wasn't an option for the every day ride.

We got a trade in 02 Bonneville America with 71+ thousand miles on it that we didn't want for the showroom, so I was able to buy it for 100.oo. Bad part is with tag, title, and fees, it came to over 250.oo, but still a great deal for a well running bike that needs a little love.

Here's my newest toy............

Ha!...a British bike. That's another first for this forum...a mod with taste. :D

I was swinging a leg over British Iron while you were still gettin you nose wiped by your mom. I've owned 3 vintage Triumphs, and one Norton, and have been working on them since the early 70's. I've forgotten more about Brit bikes then most British folks ever knew. I also love Italian and Japaneese bikes.

As for the staff having no taste, they asked me to work with them, so I know they have good taste ;)

I was swinging a leg over British Iron while you were still gettin you nose wiped by your mom. I've owned 3 vintage Triumphs, and one Norton, and have been working on them since the early 70's. I've forgotten more about Brit bikes then most British folks ever knew. I also love Italian and Japaneese bikes.

As for the staff having no taste, they asked me to work with them, so I know they have good taste ;)

Hey, good luck to you then. I got into bikes late...CBR 600 bloke myself...and generally sports bikes. Might go into litre bikes later on but to be honest, I dont see the point. 168 mph is pretty much the same as 189 mph in my books i.e. unattainable.

By the way, I meant mods from other boards have "no taste". This is the only board where the mods and admin are, in my opinion, a pretty decent bunch of guys...every other board I visit/ed I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire.

Hey, good luck to you then. I got into bikes late...CBR 600 bloke myself...and generally sports bikes. Might go into litre bikes later on but to be honest, I dont see the point. 168 mph is pretty much the same as 189 mph in my books i.e. unattainable.

By the way, I meant mods from other boards have "no taste". This is the only board where the mods and admin are, in my opinion, a pretty decent bunch of guys...every other board I visit/ed I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire.

Well, I stand corrected on the mod comment, no harm no foul. CRB 600 is a nice middle weight bike. Whe I was doing some racing way back in my youth, we had a saying, "Life begins at 180". Our (Triumph) 675 kicked the shlitz out of the big 4 in that class in 06 when the bike debuted. You should do a demo ride at one of the dealers if you get a chance. If you like the CBR, you'll love the Daytona 675. The inline triple is so much smoother then anything out there, and have a very distinct sound.

Very cool, Pete. I like Triumph motor products, even if you do have know or be a mechanic to own one. You ever mess much with the old Indians or Black Shadows? I had this one uncle... :D

That's the great part about it brother, the "new" Triumph motorcycle is as dependable as any Japaneese bike on the road, and low maint too. I think I like your uncle already. The Vincent 1000cc Black Shadow is a legendary bike, and I've never had a chance to ride or repair one. I did do a re-wiring job, and carburator work on an Indain Scout some time back.

One of the weirdest bikes I've ever worked on was another Brit bike, an Arial Square Four. I truely have a passion for the old bikes. You often had to be a very skilled rider to keep them going down the road, and you know your on a motorcycle when riding one.

Where can I get a bike like that for $100???

Am I reading this right?

Ya, the actual price was 0ne hundred dollars, and the fees to get the title and registration were more then the price of the bike. More often then not, bikes like this get whole sale deals to small used bike dealers that turn them around for 800 to 1500.

They normally need work as this one has rust on chrome parts, needs a bit of a tune up. The brake lights don't work with the hand lever, the driving lights are shot, and needs some lenses for the warning lights. Being I work for a dealer and have stashed lots of stuff over time, it's easy for me to have it ready to ride. This bike is an oddity, and did mostly highway miles. Most bikes you can get for under 500 are complete money pits.

Archived