Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for you Natives that know the D.C. Area...

#98QBKiller

I'm heading to D.C. tonight when my girlfriend gets off work.

Believe it or not, we both actually have job interviews in the area, mine is tomorrow and her's is Friday. My interview will be in NE D.C. on the 300 block of S. Street. Her interview is in Lanham, MD. We're trying to stay in a central location between the two. Looking at a map, Hyattsville or Bladensburg both look pretty central.

Is this right? Or am I way off? Recommendations?

Virginia sucks, please don't listen to any Virginians :)

Anyway, if you want somewhere central...College Park. (I don't even know of any hotels in Hyattsville or Bladensburg). Metro's right there too....

Yeah, VA is great if you want drive to a bus stop then take a bus to

the metro stop and then metro to work! Slightly joking. VA does

have the WORST rush hour traffic around! ;)

I found it man. Thanks for the info.

How is that part of town? (Gallaudet, S. St. where my interview is)

A dump 5 years ago. Now it's not so bad. The XM HQ is right there, plenty of new buildings going up. I know the exact street you are interviewing on, old warehouse buildings, some apartments, some houses, not the nicest place but I would not consider it dangerous. Do not be intimidated by the look of some neighborhoods in D.C., there are some bad places, this this is not one of them.

A dump 5 years ago. Now it's not so bad. The XM HQ is right there, plenty of new buildings going up. I know the exact street you are interviewing on, old warehouse buildings, some apartments, some houses, not the nicest place but I would not consider it dangerous. Do not be intimidated by the look of some neighborhoods in D.C., there are some bad places, this this is not one of them.

You definitely know the street. I was told to look for the XM HQ as a landmark to the building I'm headed to, and also a large FedEx facility. Thanks for the advice and I'll bump this thread and let you know how things went.

You definitely know the street. I was told to look for the XM HQ as a landmark to the building I'm headed to, and also a large FedEx facility. Thanks for the advice and I'll bump this thread and let you know how things went.

Stop in the fedex facilty and ask them where my damn season ticket invoice is for christ sakes , if they dont know tell em to call mr snyder, he wont return my calls :laugh: :rolleyes:

Damn right! Whenever I see the nightly news, 80-90% of the time the crime stories are in MD/DC.

It's obviously a conspiracy.

Take away Baltimore and the border of DC and you got nothing.

In Virginia however...

You got gangs in NOVA, rednecks galore in Southern VA, wanna be gangstas in VA Beach area, etc.

Horrible.

:)

Man...the MD/VA debate continues.

My advice is to live in Silver Spring and Metro to work...and ever since Discovery moved to SS...it's become a really sweet city.

The "crime" in MD is mostly misplaced DC crime and mostly in PG county...so stay away from there.

Montgomery County crime is about the same as NOVA. Don't let them fool you.

NOVA is nice, sure. But, IMO, it's too dense. You really feel like you're living on top of each other. Traffic is horrible (even on the weekends) and whenever they build a convenient road...they put a toll on it. Nickel and dime ya.

We got PG County and they got MS-13. There's good and bad on both sides of the river.

I'm Mr. Suburban....so I'm out here in AA County. Loving every minute of it.

Archived