Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddy vs. Jason 2

Xameil

OK, I know alot of people probably didn't like the first one, but I personally as an old time horror buff thought it was great. So I decided this morning to search to see if they are making a second one, and they are :).

It has been said that it was on, then it was off, but apparently that was just a rumor, and in fact they are working on it with a different director this time.

Rumor has it that Freddy is going to be bringing in another to help him?

Who do you think they'll bring in? You think they'll complete the 80's horror movie controversy and bring in Michael Myers, and do a Halloween vs Nightmare on Elm Street vs Friday the 13th? Or how about bringing in Pinhead from Hellraiser? Or will it be someone from a more recent horror movie?

Apparently, the guy who wrote the screenplay for Spiderman, and War of the Worlds is writing Freddy Vs Jason 2. :)

Dumbing down? Sorry but Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic, and it's refreshing to see the old 80's style horror back instead of movies like The Grudge, or The Grudge 2. Even The Ring 2 was terrible. Freddy and Jason were great characters who brought it down to the basics...you sin, you die. Freddy Kruegar just did it with style, and humor :)

Dumbing down? Sorry but Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic, and it's refreshing to see the old 80's style horror back instead of movies like The Grudge, or The Grudge 2. Even The Ring 2 was terrible. Freddy and Jason were great characters who brought it down to the basics...you sin, you die. Freddy Kruegar just did it with style, and humor :)

i loved those movies back in the 80's.

what i'm referring to is the lack of fresh ideas. instead, we get recycled title after recycled title. and, for the most part, the new installments on the old classics suck really bad.

i loved those movies back in the 80's.

what i'm referring to is the lack of fresh ideas. instead, we get recycled title after recycled title. and, for the most part, the new installments on the old classics suck really bad.

I can see your point, but the Freddy vs Jason idea was a long time coming. Kind of like the Alien Vs Predator. It was a Box Office war on both, and they wanted to bring it to the movies. Besides, how many fresh idea are there anymore? Can you actually think of an original storyline that hasn't been done before? ;)

With this guy doing the screenplay, and with the right director, I think potentially, this could be a great movie. :2cents:

I think they should bring in Rosie O'Donnell from "A League of Their Own."

well obviously this is an easy one, she'd win. She'd start babling on until they both fall asleep, and then she'd eat them.

Of course I guess it could go the other way that she would babble on about how un-PC they are with the sexual inuendos, and discriminatory for not going after fat women, when they get so fed up that they both decide to kill her together and become friends...

Freddy and Jason are the only two GOOD things to come out of the 80's. :D

I beg to differ.

Anyway, there was talk about bringing in Ash from Evil Dead but the creator wouldn't allow it. That would of been sweet. I dunno who they'd bring in. Pinhead would be a logical choice since they are both in hell and all. Michael Myers just kills people, anyone that gets in his way, Freddy couldn't control him.

Chucky? lol

Rumor has it that Freddy is going to be bringing in another to help him?

Who do you think they'll bring in? You think they'll complete the 80's horror movie controversy and bring in Michael Myers, and do a Halloween vs Nightmare on Elm Street vs Friday the 13th? Or how about bringing in Pinhead from Hellraiser? Or will it be someone from a more recent horror movie?

They're going to fight Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer. :)

Yeah barely anyone in the theater was rooting for Freddy, and anytime someone shouted GO FREDDY or something like that, people would throw stuff at them.

Jason whooped his ass.

Only reason Jason had a shot was because Freddy was out numbered. Those pesky kids (cue Scooby Doo villian here) then Freddy owned Jason. Not once, but twice was Freddy interupted from killing Jason. Freddy not only owned Jason in the dream world, but on the dock as well. Freddy got distracted, and Jason took advantage of it...

(Am I really disecting a movie like this? :doh: Is the off-season over with yet? :doh: )

All I remember from that first movie was poor Monica Keena's boobs...they gave her the tightest, most chest enhancing outfits possible to wear.

This is what the classic 80's horror movies were all about :). Sex, Gore, and rock and roll.

I think the best combination of the three was this classic B horror film

6305976422.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I enjoyed the first one, saw it at a midnight premiere and most of the theatre was pro Freddy. Only two things really bugged me about the movie. 1, the lousy acting from Monica Keena and whatever that guys name is that played Will (Although, I guess it fits the rest of the cheesy acting from every Nightmare/Friday film during the 80's). 2, They made Jason the sympathetic psycho path. Most people cheered for Jason during the movie because he was made out to be the lesser of two evils.

But the fight scenes were pretty good, Englund was gold, and I particularly liked how Springwood finally admitted to the existence of Freddy and they took steps to "beat" him. Good stuff.

Not sure how I feel about a second film. I suppose it was inevitable since the first one did so well and there was no clear victor. And there won't be a clear winner in the second one either. You don't want to piss off either faction, I mean come on, would you want to piss off a bunch of people that worship a psychopathic killer?

I enjoyed the first one, saw it at a midnight premiere and most of the theatre was pro Freddy. Only two things really bugged me about the movie. 1, the lousy acting from Monica Keena and whatever that guys name is that played Will (Although, I guess it fits the rest of the cheesy acting from every Nightmare/Friday film during the 80's). 2, They made Jason the sympathetic psycho path. Most people cheered for Jason during the movie because he was made out to be the lesser of two evils.

But the fight scenes were pretty good, Englund was gold, and I particularly liked how Springwood finally admitted to the existence of Freddy and they took steps to "beat" him. Good stuff.

Not sure how I feel about a second film. I suppose it was inevitable since the first one did so well and there was no clear victor. And there won't be a clear winner in the second one either. You don't want to piss off either faction, I mean come on, would you want to piss off a bunch of people that worship a psychopathic killer?

The thing is, Jason is the lesser of the 2 evils. Freddy Kreugar was a psychopathic child killer. Jason was a child who died and is avenging his mother.

The thing is, Jason is the lesser of the 2 evils. Freddy Kreugar was a psychopathic child killer. Jason was a child who died and is avenging his mother.

I know, but he's still a brutal killer with an incredibly high body count. Really I think the scene that did it for most was... *SPOILER*

when Freddy jams a blade into little Jason's temple. I think that was the scene that pushed most people to cheer for Jason to win. I just felt that Kane Hodder brung some mean-ness to the role and it was kind of all washed away. Ironically enough, Kane Hodder said the reason he was told he did not get the part was because "We want someone with eyes that are more sympathetic."

Either way, it was still a good 80's style horror flick.

Archived