Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I can see us trading down with the Texans

RWJ

I still think Okoye is the best selection of them all (DL's)...but he can be had at 8-12...unless he blows up at the combines.

I'm still not sold on him. I know he looks soo promising, what with being only 19 years old, and having a great senior bowl practice and game, but he still seems to not have the build that would have success here. Unless he absolutely tears it up at the combine, I'd be more comfortable with Anderson, and then Branch.

I don't sorry, but I don't

Yes it would be nice to have picks in every round, but this is not mathematics. The talent level at the top is so spread out that you could make 12 picks as he said and get not one player that stays for long. We can't afford that. Now if we can trade down and still get a position of need and a few picks it might be worth considering, I'm not denying that, but I am convinced that our current line of thinking is not working here. You don't get a #6 pick very often, and I think if CJ is there we pull the trigger no questions asked.

I still think Okoye is the best selection of them all (DL's)...but he can be had at 8-12...unless he blows up at the combines.

Right with you on this one. I think Okoye will surprise many with his play. I hope that can move down a few spots and still pick him

This doesn't make any sense at all. Houston would much rather get Peterson then fight to get Quinn. They have Carr, and it is not beyond thinking that they might bring in Plummer to reunite with Kubiak.

Even assuming that Quinn is there at #6 and Houston wanted him over Peterson, why would Houston trade up from #8 to get him?

The Skins aren't taking Quinn. Minnesota just got their QB of the future last year, Tavaris Jackson, who they drafted in the 2nd round in 2006 and was the 5th QB drafted. No way does Minnesota go after Quinn this year.

So if Quinn is there at #6, then he will be there at #8.

The only way we could get Houston to do that if they wanted Quinn badly is to bluff with them that another team was going to come up and take Quinn. But who else would want to do it?

After us, the following teams draft:

7. Vikings - not taking a QB, just got Tavaris Jackson in the 2nd last year.

8. Houston - Carr or Plummer will be the QB next year, but probably would be very interested in Quinn. The question would be do they take Peterson or Quinn. I think they would go with Peterson to make up for the Bush fiasco.

9. Miami - just paid a lot for Culpepper, seems like they are going to ride that ride and use their first pick elsewhere

10. Atlanta - Vick and Shaub. No way they would be after Quinn.

11. 49ers - Alex Smith. No interest in Quinn.

12. Bills - JP Losman. No interest in Quinn.

13. Rams - Have Bulger, who is only in his 7th year. No way do they go after Quinn in round 1.

14. Panthers - Have Delhomme, but I could see them *maybe* being interested in Quinn. So if he fell to them, I bet they would think about it. But I doubt they would trade up to get him.

15. Pitt - Roth. No Quinn.

16. Packers - Obviously Favre needs a replacement. The Pack have Todd Bouman and their 5th round pick last year, Ingle Martin. They also have their First Round pick in 2005 Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wing. They might be interested in Quinn, but again, with a 1st in 2005 and taking Martin last year, I don't know if they would be willing to trade up to get Quinn.

17. Jax - Garrard/Leftwich. Possibly interest in Quinn.

18. Cincy - Palmer, no interest in Quinn.

19. Titans - Vince Young, no interest in Quinn.

20. NYG - Manning, no interest in Quinn. No way do we trade with a rival.

21. Denver - Cutler, no interest in Quinn.

22. Dallas - Romo sits to pee, possibly interest in Quinn if he fell to them, but I don't see them trading up for him. No way do we trade with a rival.

23. Chiefs - logjam at QB with Green and Huard. Just drafted Omar Jacobs and Brodie Croyle. No interest at all in QB.

24. Pats - Brady, no interest. Wouldn't trade up anyhow.

25. Jets - Have young Pennington and Ramsey. Got a really intriguing QB in last year's draft in Kellen Clemens. Doubt they are interested in Quinn in the 1st or trading up.

26. Eagles - McNabb, no interest in Quinn.

27. Saints - Brees, no interest in Quinn.

28. Pats - see No. 24.

29. Ravens - aging McNair, young Boeller. Doubt they look at QB in the 1st round as they are really close right now and McNair can play a couple more years.

30. Chargers - Rivers, no interest in Quinn.

31. Bears - Griese/Grossman/Orton. Maybe Grossman improves or Orton shows up next year, but I suspect they would LOVE to draft Quinn. Don't know if they would be willing to trade up to #6 to get him as the cost would be too high.

32. Colts - Peyton, no interest in Quinn.

(Incidentally, the best fits for Quinn--Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay all draft ahead of us).

So if he falls to us at #6, the question is how far he will fall. The only teams I see looking at Quinn in the first round after us are:

8. Houston

14. Packers (maybe)

17. Jax (maybe)

22. Dallas (maybe)

31. Bears

If I am right about that, why would Houston trade up? We aren't going to trade down to 31, so the Bears are out of the Quinn-at-6 sweepstakes. We wouldn't trade with Dallas, so they are out. We would have to convince Houston that the Pack and Jax are going to jump up and get Quinn. And I don't think those teams would do that. Not to mention the fact, I don't think we would trade down to the 14th or 17th spot.

So, in sum, I don't see Houston trading up. If they want Quinn and he is there at #6, he will be there at #8.

This doesn't make any sense at all. Houston would much rather get Peterson then fight to get Quinn. They have Carr, and it is not beyond thinking that they might bring in Plummer to reunite with Kubiak.

Even assuming that Quinn is there at #6 and Houston wanted him over Peterson, why would Houston trade up from #8 to get him?

The Skins aren't taking Quinn. Minnesota just got their QB of the future last year, Tavaris Jackson, who they drafted in the 2nd round in 2006 and was the 5th QB drafted. No way does Minnesota go after Quinn this year.

So if Quinn is there at #6, then he will be there at #8.

The only way we could get Houston to do that if they wanted Quinn badly is to bluff with them that another team was going to come up and take Quinn. But who else would want to do it?

After us, the following teams draft:

7. Vikings - not taking a QB, just got Tavaris Jackson in the 2nd last year.

8. Houston - Carr or Plummer will be the QB next year, but probably would be very interested in Quinn. The question would be do they take Peterson or Quinn. I think they would go with Peterson to make up for the Bush fiasco.

9. Miami - just paid a lot for Culpepper, seems like they are going to ride that ride and use their first pick elsewhere

10. Atlanta - Vick and Shaub. No way they would be after Quinn.

11. 49ers - Alex Smith. No interest in Quinn.

12. Bills - JP Losman. No interest in Quinn.

13. Rams - Have Bulger, who is only in his 7th year. No way do they go after Quinn in round 1.

14. Panthers - Have Delhomme, but I could see them *maybe* being interested in Quinn. So if he fell to them, I bet they would think about it. But I doubt they would trade up to get him.

15. Pitt - Roth. No Quinn.

16. Packers - Obviously Favre needs a replacement. The Pack have Todd Bouman and their 5th round pick last year, Ingle Martin. They also have their First Round pick in 2005 Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wing. They might be interested in Quinn, but again, with a 1st in 2005 and taking Martin last year, I don't know if they would be willing to trade up to get Quinn.

17. Jax - Garrard/Leftwich. Possibly interest in Quinn.

18. Cincy - Palmer, no interest in Quinn.

19. Titans - Vince Young, no interest in Quinn.

20. NYG - Manning, no interest in Quinn. No way do we trade with a rival.

21. Denver - Cutler, no interest in Quinn.

22. Dallas - Romo sits to pee, possibly interest in Quinn if he fell to them, but I don't see them trading up for him. No way do we trade with a rival.

23. Chiefs - logjam at QB with Green and Huard. Just drafted Omar Jacobs and Brodie Croyle. No interest at all in QB.

24. Pats - Brady, no interest. Wouldn't trade up anyhow.

25. Jets - Have young Pennington and Ramsey. Got a really intriguing QB in last year's draft in Kellen Clemens. Doubt they are interested in Quinn in the 1st or trading up.

26. Eagles - McNabb, no interest in Quinn.

27. Saints - Brees, no interest in Quinn.

28. Pats - see No. 24.

29. Ravens - aging McNair, young Boeller. Doubt they look at QB in the 1st round as they are really close right now and McNair can play a couple more years.

30. Chargers - Rivers, no interest in Quinn.

31. Bears - Griese/Grossman/Orton. Maybe Grossman improves or Orton shows up next year, but I suspect they would LOVE to draft Quinn. Don't know if they would be willing to trade up to #6 to get him as the cost would be too high.

32. Colts - Peyton, no interest in Quinn.

(Incidentally, the best fits for Quinn--Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay all draft ahead of us).

So if he falls to us at #6, the question is how far he will fall. The only teams I see looking at Quinn in the first round after us are:

8. Houston

14. Packers (maybe)

17. Jax (maybe)

22. Dallas (maybe)

31. Bears

If I am right about that, why would Houston trade up? We aren't going to trade down to 31, so the Bears are out of the Quinn-at-6 sweepstakes. We wouldn't trade with Dallas, so they are out. We would have to convince Houston that the Pack and Jax are going to jump up and get Quinn. And I don't think those teams would do that. Not to mention the fact, I don't think we would trade down to the 14th or 17th spot.

So, in sum, I don't see Houston trading up. If they want Quinn and he is there at #6, he will be there at #8.

Miami and/or Bills might be included in the list and enough to scare them. Although I see Houston being much more likely to trade up for Peterson then Quinn.

Texans are going to sign Jake Plummer...

If the Browns don't draft Brady Quinn, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Romeo Crennel will get the straight dope from Charlie Weiss and if he doesn't pick him it is because Weiss isn't endorsing him as a top pick, they have other needs but there is no way they pass on Quinn if Weiss tell Crennel that Quinn is the real deal.

Miami and/or Bills might be included in the list and enough to scare them. Although I see Houston being much more likely to trade up for Peterson then Quinn.

The Bills? They spent two first round draft picks on JP Losman who looks good. What are you smoking if you think they would be interest in Quinn? And Miami just paid Culpepper who is young.

what a shame Casserly is still not in charge :laugh:

given what he did last year in the draft, the Texans would be ripe for the taking :D

Casserly did not make that decision, since he was on his way out. It was made by the owner and head coach

Archived