Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Jamaal Anderson scouting report - TSN

Yomar The Nifty

JA seems the most complete DE, except for that lack of intial burst, but I assume that can be improved upon. Plus he's bigger then Gaines Adams and theres some basketball quote that you cant teach size, but it applies just the same to football.

JA, and i was leaning towards Okoye, but Branch is just the fatty DT we need. Now if we got Terdell Sands in FA, i think you can count on us getting JA, cause as stated b4, we dont need 2 Carters. Now if we get a DE in FA, you can count on it being a DT in the draft, in which case I think we should go Branch, but I'd want us to trade down into mid first round and see what we can get. Carriker has been mentioned a lot as well. so a trade down scenario works even if we get a DT in FA.

Just gonna have to let it all play out.

Say Spearhead ... why do you like Branch so much ... in the big games I saw last yaer (OSU and USC) he disappeared completely. He has bust written all over him.

You didn't see those games, you're mimicking the exact words used to describe Branch in one of the mock drafts on this board. I'm not surprised seeing as in another thread you said neither Branch, Adams, or Anderson was worth the 6th pick. But then again, I don't expect a whole lot from someone who claims ST is a bust as well.

Isn't he like 26?

Yeah he will be 27 on the 19th so I'm not sure where the whole "old" thing is coming from. That being said I'm not an advocate of trying to pick him up. I really don't think he would fit that well into our system and we already have a speed rusher on one end. I'd like to see Anderson at LDE (where I believe he played at Arkansas). A guy like that who is big, quick, and plays the pass and run well would be a good compliment to Carter on the other side. I think Branch would be my 2nd choice. He could command double teams which would free Carter up on the edge. However, what do we do about our LDE position? Daniels is old and not doing much these days. Do we go to FA for that or just hope he has one more season left in him?

Geez!...Too many broken records here.....Everytime we hear about a great player in FA someone always says that he is too old and we cant afford him and then they sign elsewhere for less than we could imagine and play at near HOF level for years to come.

Unfortunately I think it's close to the opposite with our front office. I think those older FA's you talk about sign here for way more then we could imagine and then play nowhere close to HOF level for years to come.

Thats the reason I think a lot forum posters, myself included, prefer Anderson to Adams. Anderson seems to be more suited to playing LE. His run stopping ability seems to be superior to Adams based on their college performances. Adams seems to have the edge in passing rushing ability but Anderson is a far better pass rusher than Adams is a run stopper.
Your qoute made no sense big guy. :) It was probably just a typo, but I tried three times to understand what it was that you were trying to say and I just couldn't. :(

Your qoute made no sense big guy. :) It was probably just a typo, but I tried three times to understand what it was that you were trying to say and I just couldn't. :(

He means even though Gaines is a better pass rusher and Anderson is a better run stopper, Anderson makes more of an impact as a pass risher than Adams does run-stopping.

So overall, Anderson sounds better. How good is Gaines. Is he another Dwight Freeney. An under-sized DE. Is Anderson an over-hyped DE?

We'll know for sure in 4 years.

Say Spearhead ... why do you like Branch so much ... in the big games I saw last yaer (OSU and USC) he disappeared completely. He has bust written all over him.

I'd have to disagree with that point. If you watched Branch in those games you would have noticed that he was doubled on almost every play, as he was in every other game. That left Lamar Woodley, who some on here loved a little while a go, in single matchups with the LT. Problem in those games was that Woodley was kept in check. I also believe USC only had around 30 yards rushing in the Rose Bowl, hence a run stuffer did his job and then some. At his size he will do what a good DT does, command double teams and allow the LBer's to flow freely.

I'm sorry Loyal ... sad to say the Skins do not have Lbers that can flow freely if at all. Branch despite being doubleteamed some of the time showed no motor and no intensity and had no impact in the two biggest games of his life. In the OSC game, some rookie broke it up the middle for a 56 yd. TD. Branch was caught going in the wrong direction and then was pancacked on the play by a Guard 50 lbs lighter. I want to like him ... but I can't ... he is a classic underachiever.

Trade down pick up an additional pick or two and take Okoye. I too agree that all though Branch seems to be a no brainer he did all but disappear in big games last season. If he was in the SEC then I'd be all over him but outside of Ohio State who does Michigan play?

Yup. I wonder why in the new Gibbs era not more focus has been put on the d-line. I guess the other consideration is that the Williams type defense relies upon shut down corners...

oh,you meen like drafting 2 DT's and signing a solid all around DE like Carter?

or more like this year when we will probobally sign at least one semi-high end FA and draft one more to the line?

Archived