Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

thesportingnews redskinsreport

tonyriggins

"Suisham displayed a strong leg on kickoffs, reliability on field-goal attempts and took the guess work out of game-day roster decisions for Gibbs and his coaching staff. Suisham's presence meant the team did not have to carry an extra kicker for kickoffs or in case of an injury. Suisham has a long future with the team if he continues to kick as well next season as he did at the end of last season."

this kid was definately a bright spot last season. I hope we don't play the fool and not extend him. So far he's shown alot of potential and should be here for the long term.

"Suisham displayed a strong leg on kickoffs, reliability on field-goal attempts and took the guess work out of game-day roster decisions for Gibbs and his coaching staff. Suisham's presence meant the team did not have to carry an extra kicker for kickoffs or in case of an injury. Suisham has a long future with the team if he continues to kick as well next season as he did at the end of last season."

this kid was definately a bright spot last season. I hope we don't play the fool and not extend him. So far he's shown alot of potential and should be here for the long term.

SCOUTING REPORT:WR Mike Espy has a decent chance to make the roster as a full-time player next season. The diminutive receiver has shown quickness off the line, speed to get deep, decent hands, special teams ability and a willingness to do whatever he can to help the team. Espy spent most of the season on the practice squad but was promoted to the regular roster late in the season. On the surface, he will not be able to push for playing time. But Brandon Lloyd has to give the team more than he did in 2006. Lloyd will not be given a starting job and will not maintain playing time if he's not getting his job done in 2007. Espy can make the team as a fourth or fifth receiver and backup punt returner. If he continues to progress and Lloyd regresses, Espy could find himself catching passes in games.

Well, we have Moss. And ARE. And we just extended Patten. And Lloyd is uncuttable. Wouldn't it be just wonderful if it turns out that we traded two draft picks and gave up a huge contract for Lloyd when we should have just trusted (and developed) the young cheap player who was already on the roster? It's incompetent talent evaluation, incompetent contract negotiation, incompetent coaching... incompetent everything.

Seriously, I hope Vinny Cerrato was a saint in a previous life, because otherwise I just can't understand why God shines on this dope. Anyone else would be fired for this. And probably badly beaten on his way out the door.

Suisham was definetly a nice bright spot of last season... hope he continues his good work, honestly.

Hey bud, not to sound like a prude, but your sig is WAY too big.

I agree with you, Suisham seems to be the kicker for years to come.

Well, we have Moss. And ARE. And we just extended Patten. And Lloyd is uncuttable. Wouldn't it be just wonderful if it turns out that we traded two draft picks and gave up a huge contract for Lloyd when we should have just trusted (and developed) the young cheap player who was already on the roster? It's incompetent talent evaluation, incompetent contract negotiation, incompetent coaching... incompetent everything.

Seriously, I hope Vinny Cerrato was a saint in a previous life, because otherwise I just can't understand why God shines on this dope. Anyone else would be fired for this. And probably badly beaten on his way out the door.

Give yourself a break.

You can make all the remarks you want in hindsight, its so easy.

How easy is it to smack on someone who;

1) Cant defend himself over the net, and

2) With remarks that rely on hindsight as well as speculation. (Espy didnt crack any roster on 32 teams from the PS (PS players can be signed by anyone) Lloyd cracked 2, your observations are therefore speculative)

But I know its just too easy to bash Vinny or Snyder or even Gibbs from your cushy armchair GM slot, nor do I believe you will ever see the error in your thinking, so therefore I am done.

Guest Rafterman

:notworthy

AMEN

I've seen enough of this crap, giving up all these picks is costing this team its future.

:censored:

Espy isnt going to be the next big thing. We dont need a reciever like him. Last year I thought the best WR pick up we could have gotten to complement Moss was Joe Jurivicious, we need a big 2nd or 3rd possesion reciever. We should then get rid of Lloyd and keep Randle El as a 2nd or 3rd depending on the reciever we pick up. THOUGH this is not and should not be the teams #1 priority as it was last year

First, we didn't extend Patten. We extended Thrash. Patten is probably gone.

Second, we didn't have Espy when we acquired Lloyd.

Third, if Espy turns out to be something eventually (hard to say at this point), doesn't the FO get some credit there?

Jason

I find it hilarious how people judge the WR corps when you really can't since you don't have enough info with Campbell in there. Of curse Thrash, and ARE will be better with him, they practiced with him more. Wait till Lloyd, Moss as well as Thrash and ARE get equal time. Then we can start to judge.

I couldn't agree more! Me and my other redskins buddies were very alert to watcing Espy in the pre-seaosn. In fact, he was one of the bright spots in all 4 of those losses. He made real nice catches, and he seemed to have soft hands and good leaping ability.

It boggles me how we would give B.Lloyd top 10 WR money and trade 2 draft picks. Even at the time Espy was making plays in the pre-season, we still hadn't finished Lloyd's contract.

I still thought we never really gave Patten a chance once he got injured 2 seasons ago. I believe had we not placed him on IR we mght have made it to the NFC championship game last year.

Look what the chiefs have done with their WR core, they were mediocre at best, but a solid OL and strong running game opened up their careers. Instead we break the bank on a guy for his potential. We gave him #1 WR money, just plain stupid. I just cannot fathom why we signed him to such a lucrative contract. I mean, even if he happened to have a break-out year we could have given him the same amount of signing bonus.

Maybe he would have left for more, but so what - we'd still be in position to sign FA's. I hope Espy makes it and somehow we can jettison Lloyd out of here, though I know that would not make financial sense at the time.

It's like once the CBA was extended, we were no longer in bankruptcy - trhen what do we do? We go out and immediately push all of our chips into the pot, in hopes that these layers will develp. I haven't lost hope for Lloyd yet, and think he can be a great player. But he and AA are very close to being total busts - meanwhile we are a cool $20 mill in the hole.

Give yourself a break.

You can make all the remarks you want in hindsight, its so easy.

How easy is it to smack on someone who;

1) Cant defend himself over the net, and

2) With remarks that rely on hindsight as well as speculation. (Espy didnt crack any roster on 32 teams from the PS (PS players can be signed by anyone) Lloyd cracked 2, your observations are therefore speculative)

But I know its just too easy to bash Vinny or Snyder or even Gibbs from your cushy armchair GM slot, nor do I believe you will ever see the error in your thinking, so therefore I am done.

First, we didn't extend Patten. We extended Thrash. Patten is probably gone.

Second, we didn't have Espy when we acquired Lloyd.

Third, if Espy turns out to be something eventually (hard to say at this point), doesn't the FO get some credit there?

Jason

:applause: Great posts. I'm so glad to see people on this site that actually still use their brains.

Jason

Oh sure... the front office will get a ****ing medal if the find a player -- any player -- who can contribute. You know, if they DO THEIR JOBS. You guys love praising the front office for finding Golston and Doughty. Now you want to praise them because Espy got a good mention in one article? Good Lord.

I'm in the stay at 6 and hopefully be able to draft Anderson crowd.

I'm not concerned that much about only having the 6th overall pick on the first day. If the Redskins wanted 2nd and 3rd rounders they would stop trading picks for players.

You walk away happy with a potential Julius peppers type in Anderson or a Tommie Harris,Marcus Stroud J Henderson type in Alan Branch knowing you may have a 10 year solution on your defensive line.

I find it hilarious how people judge the WR corps when you really can't since you don't have enough info with Campbell in there. Of curse Thrash, and ARE will be better with him, they practiced with him more. Wait till Lloyd, Moss as well as Thrash and ARE get equal time. Then we can start to judge.

I totally agree with this and can't wait till next season to see our offense.

I think Espy looks good, but seeing him in preason games doesn't tell you that much. And the only reason he got pulled up off of the practice squad is becausel people got hurt, so...I mean he is clearly unproven. But I would rather see him in there over Patten.

On a side note, I thought there was some mention of Gibbs not being completely satisfied with Suisham, and that he was looking for another kicker to compete with him, this article seems to go against that. I hope this article is right, but anyone remember that other statement right at the end of the season?

Archived