Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Kerry Slams His Own Country At Davos

Sarge

And what's wrong with Kerry's statement? It's 100% accurate. This administration has been a failure with a capitol "F".

They've done everything they can to tarnish the great things about this country.

Agreed. I'm not a big Kerry fan but his comments were dead on. We are more isolated than ever as a result of Bush's disasterous foreign policy.

Hey Sarge John Bolton just gave an interview to a French, yes FRENCH, newspaper criticizing Bush. Has the warrent for sedition already been approved? We need to arrest this ****.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/01/29/europe/EU-GEN-France-US-Iraq.php

:laugh: Good find and a perfect fit. One thing though, you should have pretended Bolton was criticizing America, not Bush. Can't wait to see what the mental midget thinks about this. :rolleyes:

You're right. There's our side (That would be America's side)

Well, the last time I looked, YOUR SIDE is less than 29% of the population in our country. . .so are you saying that all of America is full of traitors, except for the 29% partisan hacks who are STILL behind the sinking ship known as the GOP? What happens when it dwindles down to 10%, are you still willing to call everyone in this country without a warped and false sense of reality a traitor? I bet you are, and the

and their side (Flaming commie liberals). You evidently, agree with the other side.

Hmm, flaming commie liberal is what I am? I would take that as a compliment form a knuckle dragging imbecile who still thinks Iraq was a good idea, and the Neo-cons are "misunderestimated" the opponents :doh:

So no comment about arresting Lott or Delay huh? i guess your hypocrisy has absolutely no bounds. What's next, are you going to say Bush is a liberal??? Wait, you have already tried that defense as well :doh:

I really wish my father was still around to debate that with you. Unfortunately he didn't endure 3 paper cuts and get sent home early from his TOD to throw somebody else's medals over the White House fence. Instead he served out his entire tour in-country and the exposure to Agent Orange (for which the government paid him $90 a month after he left the service) may have been a contributing factor to the skin cancer that killed him in 2001.

As for Jane, anyone who goes to an enemy country during the course of a war for any reason other than killing people, is not someone I would consider anything other than a Traitor.

As I said before, I really wish my father was still around to explain it to you. I got my views on the topic from him as I was growing up. His views included the concept that it was the people here in the States, protesting the war, talking down the American troops morale and abilities that was the main reason we lost the war in Vietnam. I wasn't alive at the time, so you'll have to take it up with him if you want to get into an arguement over it.

I don't need it explained to me--I understand very clearly. I simply disagree that anti-war protest is tantamount to treason. By implication you're calling me a traitor. I also think that obsessing over Jane Fonda is extremely unhealthy and counterproductive. I also don't believe anti-war protest lowers troop morale, and if it does, we have bigger problems than we thought. I mean, they're soldiers, for christs' sake. What do they care?

Generally, anti-war protests are not about hating the troops or wanting to see them come to harm. It's about making yourself heard. Unalienable rights and all that. If anything it should make the troops proud that they're serving a country where people are allowed to dissent and take back the streets and tell the government what's on their mind. Otherwise, we wouldn't be the country we are today, the country you love and your father obviously loved so much.

Personally, I'm not against war itself, I'm against the unchecked, arrogant, and irrational abuse of power that this country has become so fond of. It has nothing to do with the troops. They have their job and I have mine. Me--I won't fight to make rich people richer, I don't care what party they're from or what country they're preside over. And since I'm a taxpayer, I think I should be able to have a say in how that money is spent without being called a traitor.

Hey Sarge John Bolton just gave an interview to a French, yes FRENCH, newspaper criticizing Bush. Has the warrent for sedition already been approved? We need to arrest this ****.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/01/29/europe/EU-GEN-France-US-Iraq.php

Aside from saying the US has no strategic interests in a UNITED Iraq, where did he put down the country?

Nice try

Well, the last time I looked, YOUR SIDE is less than 29% of the population in our country. . .so are you saying that all of America is full of traitors, except for the 29% partisan hacks who are STILL behind the sinking ship known as the GOP? What happens when it dwindles down to 10%, are you still willing to call everyone in this country without a warped and false sense of reality a traitor? I bet you are, and the

Hmm, flaming commie liberal is what I am? I would take that as a compliment form a knuckle dragging imbecile who still thinks Iraq was a good idea, and the Neo-cons are "misunderestimated" the opponents :doh:

So no comment about arresting Lott or Delay huh? i guess your hypocrisy has absolutely no bounds. What's next, are you going to say Bush is a liberal??? Wait, you have already tried that defense as well :doh:

First, you assume the American side is (the one you say is at 29%) is derived from some CNNABCCBSMSNBC poll.

Second, one need only search your previous post to deduce the flaming liberal part. The really sad part is, you don't think you are a lib.

Speaking of being in their own little world

You'll note the source is the Boston Herald. And I'd rather be brain dead than a traitor.

MAybe Carter and Kerry can get together and form a "think" tank

There you have it ladies and gentleman. The core message of today's Grand Ole Party. If you disagree, if you think the Republican President is taking us down the wrong path (even though, at this point, most GOPers don't even like him) then you are a traitor. Viva la Party, **** the country, we don't want the ones who don't think exactly like us here, anyways. I'd just like to point out just how patriotic and in the spirit of our nation that view point is. You guys are commendable.

Aside from saying the US has no strategic interests in a UNITED Iraq, where did he put down the country?

Nice try

How dare he go into a foreign country and say the U.S. is following a "flawed" diplomatic strategy.

This undermines the authority of the U.S. in a time of war.

despicable.... :laugh:

just when I felt a touch of empathy for him over dropping out of the Presidential race following his insult to the troops-

he demonstrates once again what a total ahole he really and truly is.

Being a leftist means your own country is never correct- and every tinpot dictator is a guest of honor :evil:

I really wish my father was still around to debate that with you. Unfortunately he didn't endure 3 paper cuts and get sent home early from his TOD to throw somebody else's medals over the White House fence.

You're so quick to degrade John Kerry's service in Vietnam... I wonder why that is. After all, you full-throatedly support a President that spent that time getting laid, doing blow, and occasionally showing up for his National Guard responsibilities.

Oh well, a Democrat that serves honorably and with valor in Vietnam is just some punk traitor, right?

just when I felt a touch of empathy for him over dropping out of the Presidential race following his insult to the troops-

he demonstrates once again what a total ahole he really and truly is.

Being a leftist means your own country is never correct- and every tinpot dictator is a guest of honor :evil:

Just when I think you might be moderately intelligent, you bring up the "insult to the troops" bit that any rational person has accepted as a speaking gaffe.

Is this really ALL the Right has to hang its hat on these days?

Sad times, sad times...

Just when I think you might be moderately intelligent, you bring up the "insult to the troops" bit that any rational person has accepted as a speaking gaffe.

Sad times, sad times...

Par for the Kerry course

newsoldier.jpg

You're so quick to degrade John Kerry's service in Vietnam... I wonder why that is. After all, you full-throatedly support a President that spent that time getting laid, doing blow, and occasionally showing up for his National Guard responsibilities.

Oh well, a Democrat that serves honorably and with valor in Vietnam is just some punk traitor, right?

I would suggest that neither Mr. Kerry nor President Bush have a great military record to stand on. Mr. Kerry's issues have been gone over repeatedly by the SwiftBoat crew and others, so I won't go through them again except to say that if that's serving with honor, there are a lot of Vietnam Veterans who deserve a great deal more recognition for their sacrifices. President Bush's service was not combat service. Then again, something tells me that if Mr. Kerry had been able to, he'd have chosen that line of service as well; so he shouldn't get too high on his horse.

I support this President's military actions because I felt (and still feel) that they're necessary. Had Mr. Kerry been in office when September 11th occured, I'm not so sure I'd have been able to support what I believe he would have done instead. It's as simple as that.

How's Bush doin?

I think that about sums it up.

The painful relatity of the neo-cons, having to resort to bringing up Kerry to mask their utter failure and whoopin at the ballot box.

When Bush's approval gets down into the 20's or teens what will they talk about?

My guess is they'll start attacking Oprah.

Sad times, sad times...

Sadly, this is the only thing they have left to cling their fascist, manicured, pansy, draft-dodging hands on.

Sad times, sad times...

I have yet to hear a reasonable argument that his "insult of the troops speaking gaffe" was actually as he said a joke only directed at Bush and not the US troops

Many troops either join the military to go to college or in place of it, and many people in this country who have gone to college like to say that because those who didn't go to college didn't go that means that they are less intelligent and less capable of thought. Kerry said that if you don't work hard in school you end up stuck in Iraq, well the President went to college, so it would seem to me that he was refering to anyone who would WILLINGLY join and stay in the military as less intelligent. His military "servise" was against his will and he has the self inflicted wounds *cough* I mean purple hearts to prove it...

I am sick and tired of everyone on the left screaming with the same words at people like me and calling me stupid because I looked at the same thing as they did and didn't reach the same conclusion, implying that the only reason that I didn't reach the same conclusion as them is that I am not mentally capable of doing so. It makes them feel better if they think that their conclusion is smarter because I rejected it and otherwise they would have to conclude that maybe their opinion was not the only one that could have been drawn by someone as equally intelligent.

I have yet to hear a reasonable argument that his "insult of the troops speaking gaffe" was actually as he said a joke only directed at Bush and not the US troops

Many troops either join the military to go to college or in place of it, and many people in this country who have gone to college like to say that because those who didn't go to college didn't go that means that they are less intelligent and less capable of thought. Kerry said that if you don't work hard in school you end up stuck in Iraq, well the President went to college, so it would seem to me that he was refering to anyone who would WILLINGLY join and stay in the military as less intelligent. His military "servise" was against his will and he has the self inflicted wounds *cough* I mean purple hearts to prove it...

I am sick and tired of everyone on the left screaming with the same words at people like me and calling me stupid because I looked at the same thing as they did and didn't reach the same conclusion, implying that the only reason that I didn't reach the same conclusion as them is that I am not mentally capable of doing so. It makes them feel better if they think that their conclusion is smarter because I rejected it and otherwise they would have to conclude that maybe their opinion was not the only one that could have been drawn by someone as equally intelligent.

The gaffe was that the joke was written "if you don't work hard in school, skip out etc. etc. etc. you end up getting us stuck in Iraq"

The Republicans got slammed in the election, the country hates Bush Jr.,

Kerry is not running for president.

Seems like Kerry should be the least of their concerns.

First, you assume the American side is (the one you say is at 29%) is derived from some CNNABCCBSMSNBC poll.

Second, one need only search your previous post to deduce the flaming liberal part. The really sad part is, you don't think you are a lib.

Speaking of being in their own little world

And yet still absolutely no comment on people from the republican party being traitors. For someone who throws the word around like rice at a wedding, you have a pretty narrow definition of the word.

trai·tor: 'trA-t&r

1. A person with a (d) in front of their name.

2. A person who opines against George Bush

3. A person who does not belong to the GOP

4. Lesbians' date=' fags, commies and people from Boston or San Frisco[/quote']

Did I leave anyone else out of your definition Sarge?

Why don't both of you just move to Boston and start your secret torrid love affair? Everyone here knows you are closet lovers :laugh:

Heck, I have $10 that says you have Jeff Guckert's phone number speed dialed in your cell phone :rotflmao:

Sarge and AFC sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes Love

Then Comes Marriage

Then comes Dubya in a baby carriage :laugh:

It was a ill thought out quip which said if you did not educate yourself, you will make the same mistakes Dubya did. . . or that is how they spun it. For me, I thought he was more or less talking about the back door draft on this country, and how they are using mostly uneducated enlisted reservists to fight their war.

You can call Kerry a number of things, but you can not say he does not support the troops. Take a look at his voting record, he has one of the highest marks for Veterans, as do most democrats.

I look at how people vote, not what they say. . .too bad the majority of people don't do the same.

Im sorry, but people are entitled to their own opinion, and nobody is saying you are stupid for believing in yours. In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually hears "everyone on the left screaming" because they did not in this case.

Now, the question lies, do you have the same disdain for people like Delay and Lott who said things about our troops that democrats were called traitors for?

The gaffe was that the joke was written "if you don't work hard in school, skip out etc. etc. etc. you end up getting us stuck in Iraq"

As confirmed by the released teleprompter notes. Seriously, what do you think is more likely, that a US Senator who himself is a former member of the military would intentionally denigrate the troops leading up to mid-term elections for the sake of a joke, or that he screwed up the joke by forgetting one word?

It was proven over and over again that the right-wing media (Rush, Fox) and even the Bush administration itself jumped all over this assumption incorrectly, and they were all made to look foolish in retrospect, as anyone that mentions it now does as well.

And yet still absolutely no comment on people from the republican party being traitors. For someone who throws the word around like rice at a wedding, you have a pretty narrow definition of the word.

Did I leave anyone else out of your definition Sarge?

And again, for the slow of you, show me where those comments were made OVERSEAS, in front of our enemies

1 & 2 are good

Im sorry, but people are entitled to their own opinion, and nobody is saying you are stupid for believing in yours. In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually hears "everyone on the left screaming" because they did not in this case.

I will give you that I overexagerated, but I work in a building with 14 other people, 10 of which are liberals and 3 who don't care, and myself. Whenever I dissagree with something they have come up with I constantly get the response, "just how stupid can you be, its plain and simple right there" or somethig to that effect, I see much of the same things said to people on this forum from both sides, but mostly from the left.

Most people are biased and nobody wants to have someone disagree with them because they don't get that sense of validation, and you are one of the first from the left that I have met that says "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and usually follows it (the exception being when you get into it with AFC and Sarge but I am guessing the length of time debating with each other here lends to that)

Archived