Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Kerry Slams His Own Country At Davos

Sarge

I will give you that I overexagerated, but I work in a building with 14 other people, 10 of which are liberals and 3 who don't care, and myself. Whenever I dissagree with something they have come up with I constantly get the response, "just how stupid can you be, its plain and simple right there" or somethig to that effect, I see much of the same things said to people on this forum from both sides, but mostly from the left.

Most people are biased and nobody wants to have someone disagree with them because they don't get that sense of validation, and you are one of the first from the left that I have met that says "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and usually follows it (the exception being when you get into it with AFC and Sarge but I am guessing the length of time debating with each other here lends to that)

:laugh:

Seriously though, if people say things like "how stupid can you be" simply state your opinion or position with a well thought out response. If you can formulate a good argument, you will gain more respect. If they don't listen, or actually try to discuss things with you then it speaks more about their personality then their political platform.

I have run into people like this from both sides. Some people just create their own version of reality, and ignore anything that disagrees with it. The reason for this is because they lack the intestinal fortitude to question their OWN beliefs. In other words, they can never admit when they are wrong, and will shut out anyone that cordially tries to let them know a contrary opinion, even when the facts do not back up their argument. There are people here that behave like this, and yes, you already know 2 of them ;)

Then again, something tells me that if Mr. Kerry had been able to, he'd have chosen that line of service as well; so he shouldn't get too high on his horse.

Actually Kerry chose to captain a Swift Boat, he requested it and they have the documents to prove it. We went over this here in 04. As for the Swiftys, they were a bunch of lying hitmen placed out in the front by the GOP in a highly contested election. They did the same thing to McCain, and other veterans, and "Swift Boating" has made it into our vernacular.

Swiftboating is American political jargon for an ad hominem attack against a public figure coordinated by an independent or pseudo-independent group, usually resulting in a benefit to an established political force.

This form of attack is controversial, easily repeatable, and difficult to verify or disprove because it is generally based on personal feelings or recollections.[1] It frequently refers to a campaign that uses viral marketing techniques to sell the allegations. By using credible-sounding sources to make sensational and difficult-to-disprove accusations against an opponent, the campaign leverages media tendencies to focus on a controversial story.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift-boating

:laugh:

Some people just create their own version of reality, and ignore anything that disagrees with it.

Going introspective on us, are you?

You know, where Senators can go overseas and slam the country, and yet be "OK" in the eyes of some

BTW, I'm waiting still waiting for your list of Republicans that slammed the country while overseas

Or are you going to, as you famously like to say when you are losing an arguement, "tuck tail and run out of the thread"?

Archived