Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Kerry Slams His Own Country At Davos

Sarge

All I'd like to know from both of you is...how is arguing the same stuff every day make you feel better? Chom, do you really feel better about yourself when you argue with Sarge? It must feel like trying to throw a tennis ball through a brick wall.

Dunno...all you guys keep arguing and bashing the same points over and over again. I don't understand it. Jrock and Chommie, you're gonna be flaming libs at the end of the day. Sarge is gonna be a "nazi right wing loon" or whatever creative adjectives you can create to describe him.

And so what?

Come on, it's funny. Please don't take away the only joy I have left in life.

Come on, it's funny. Please don't take away the only joy I have left in life.

It's sad when you realize it never gets anywhere though.

I try to stay away from these threads for the most part, but this one was just off the wall. :whoknows:

I try to stay away from them as well, but I stick my head in every once in awhile to see what's what. And nothing ever changes.

Chom telling me to think. :laugh: How bout Chom focusing his energy on how to stop the war instead of ****ing about Bush?

All I'd like to know from both of you is...how is arguing the same stuff every day make you feel better? Chom, do you really feel better about yourself when you argue with Sarge? It must feel like trying to throw a tennis ball through a brick wall.

Actually, I do feel good because I know when his position looks utterly foolish, such as in this thread. It may seem pointless to try to change Sarge, but that is NEVER my intention. Instead, I am showing my side of the argument, and presenting it in a manner which is more logical, and better informed then his. I am not expecting to change HIS opinion, but to make others that view this thread to look at his arguments and see how truly hypocritical and wrong they are. . .

Dunno...all you guys keep arguing and bashing the same points over and over again. I don't understand it. Jrock and Chommie, you're gonna be flaming libs at the end of the day. Sarge is gonna be a "nazi right wing loon" or whatever creative adjectives you can create to describe him.

And so what?

It isn't about being a "flaming lib" it is about presenting your side's position in a manner which makes others who read the thread agree with you. . .It s never about changing Sarge or MSF's mind, you never will. It is about making OTHERS understand that there is another side to the story, and the people on the right are usually wrong a majority of the time. . .besides nobody likes to support a looser. . .

If there's anything a conservative is good at it's holding a grudge. I mean, they're still pissed at Jane Fonda, who, last time I checked, was an effing actress.

So far as I know there's no statute of limitations or occupational limit on Treason, which is what my father (a Vietnam Veteran) went to his grave believing Jane Fonda and John Kerry had done during the war.

Actually, I do feel good because I know when his position looks utterly foolish, such as in this thread. It may seem pointless to try to change Sarge, but that is NEVER my intention. Instead, I am showing my side of the argument, and presenting it in a manner which is more logical, and better informed then his. I am not expecting to change HIS opinion, but to make others that view this thread to look at his arguments and see how truly hypocritical and wrong they are. . .

It isn't about being a "flaming lib" it is about presenting your side's position in a manner which makes others who read the thread agree with you. . .It s never about changing Sarge or MSF's mind, you never will. It is about making OTHERS understand that there is another side to the story, and the people on the right are usually wrong a majority of the time. . .besides nobody likes to support a looser. . .

Yeah, there's always another side to the story. :obvious: ;)

I'm glad you're working on converting the masses to your ways of thinking though. That way they'll all be enlightened and smarter than everyone else, just like you! :thumbsup:

Well, there wasn't any right-wing bashing until Chom posted that. :laugh:

Well, it was just a matter of time. These threads tend to start off in good debate, then the bashing comes out. :rolleyes: If we're lucky enough, we might get a mod to lock it down! Thats how you can tell these threads are a rip roaring success.

It is about making OTHERS understand that there is another side to the story, and the people on the right are usually wrong a majority of the time. . .besides nobody likes to support a looser. . .

You're right. There's our side (That would be America's side) and their side (Flaming commie liberals). You evidently, agree with the other side.

20070127KerryinDavos01.jpg

Amr Moussa, Secretary-General of the League of Arab States, Abdullah Gul, Foreign Minister of Turkey, Ahmed Mahmoud Nazif, Prime Minister of Egypt, Adil Abd al-Mahdi, Vice-President of Iraq, Mohammad Khatami, former President of Iran, and John Kerry, Senator from Massachussetts, U.S., from left, pose for a group photo after a plenary session on the Middle East during the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2007. (AP Photo/Keystone, Alessandro della Valle)

20070127KerryinDavos02.jpg

DEATH TO AMERICA!

Signed

John Kerry

Spaceman Spiff

I am lost on what you are saying. You don’t understand why people come here and argue the same political point over and over and over and over again? You have thousands and thousands of posts and you have not figured out that in a nutshell that is what ALL of extremeskins.com is??

What is this difference between this thread and all the post in the Stadium? Trade Portis! Get a GM! I hate Snyder! Has Joes Gibbs Lost it? Who to draft (at least 30 a day)!.

Do the people in The Stadium really think that there 4 page post on “Why we need GM” will shift opinion in Redskins Park and bring a real GM to DC? Do people think that when they bringing up hours of statistical work done on excel about MB's effectiveness that it will change the minds of people who hated him? No, but that won’t stop people from arguing these things until the end of time.

The political threads are no different from 99% of the topics on this website.

HE was doing that this weekend in DC

Commie1.JPG

Ohhhh, Chom came down for the protest?

I've been doing some reading lately and I'm trying to sum up what I've come to realize and in turn, believe. Not believe 100%, but I believe it's a good idea, a good thought worth exploring and kinda tries to sum up what I've been getting at here. I found a post on another site that can say it better than I can...

"...a quote from Mother Theresa goes something like ” I will never attend an anti-war rally, but if you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there.” The message to me is loud and clear. When we put our energy into fighting evil, it expands its power by giving our energy and thoughts to it. When we focus instead on what we DO want to see happen, then that is the energy that grows and the kinds of thoughts that spread and eventually, light shines away darkness."

So Chom, you might be thinking you're fighting evil by railing against Bush and the war but you're simply manifesting more of what you don't want to see by focusing your energy on it.

So far as I know there's no statute of limitations or occupational limit on Treason, which is what my father (a Vietnam Veteran) went to his grave believing Jane Fonda and John Kerry had done during the war.

John Kerry is also a Vietnam Veteran, and Jane Fonda probably screwed a lot of vets so they both served their country.

Anyway, let's say they are traitors, do they really deserve as much attention as they get? Do they matter that much? They are both actors in their own right who have so little to do with any actual power system in this country that I just can't understand why you care so much. You guys give them way too much credit. They voiced opinions. Those opinions are not yours. I've never heard of them selling secrets or exposing the names of CIA agents (unlike some folks) or killing US soldiers or doing anything that lead directly to the deaths of US citizens or soldiers.

Traitor is a term bandied about far too frequently, just like Nazi. I mean, that woman from the Dixie Chicks was labeled a traitor and all she did was make a joke about how they were ashamed Bush was from Texas.

John Kerry is also a Vietnam Veteran, and Jane Fonda probably screwed a lot of vets so they both served their country.

Anyway, let's say they are traitors, do they really deserve as much attention as they get? Do they matter that much? They are both actors in their own right who have so little to do with any actual power system in this country that I just can't understand why you care so much. You guys give them way too much credit. They voiced opinions. Those opinions are not yours. I've never heard of them selling secrets or exposing the names of CIA agents (unlike some folks) or killing US soldiers or doing anything that lead directly to the deaths of US citizens or soldiers.

Traitor is a term bandied about far too frequently, just like Nazi. I mean, that woman from the Dixie Chicks was labeled a traitor and all she did was make a joke about how they were ashamed Bush was from Texas.

Big difference

Hanoi Jane was an actress

John Kerry, embarrassingly enough, is a US Senator

Spaceman Spiff

I am lost on what you are saying. You don’t understand why people come here and argue the same political point over and over and over and over again? You have thousands and thousands of posts and you have not figured out that in a nutshell that is what ALL of extremeskins.com is??

What is this difference between this thread and all the post in the Stadium? Trade Portis! Get a GM! I hate Snyder! Has Joes Gibbs Lost it? Who to draft (at least 30 a day)!.

Do the people in The Stadium really think that there 4 page post on “Why we need GM” will shift opinion in Redskins Park and bring a real GM to DC? Do people think that when they bringing up hours of statistical work done on excel about MB's effectiveness that it will change the minds of people who hated him? No, but that won’t stop people from arguing these things until the end of time.

It's why I stopped (and a lot of the posters you see here) stopped going into the stadium section awhile ago. It's why Zoony wanted to start allowing football topics in the tailgate because the stadium has turned into a mish mash of people arguing crap topics again and again until they're blue in the face.

I know the political threads will go on and on until the end of time. I'm just amazed at how they always turn out the same. Not really amazed, but you know what I mean.

Politics aside, the tailgate is a great place to discuss various topics. And the Wizards forum keeps me coming back as well. It's how the stadium used to be.

Spaceman Spiff

Absolutely right on.:applause:

I really wish my father was still around to debate that with you. Unfortunately he didn't endure 3 paper cuts and get sent home early from his TOD to throw somebody else's medals over the White House fence. Instead he served out his entire tour in-country and the exposure to Agent Orange (for which the government paid him $90 a month after he left the service) may have been a contributing factor to the skin cancer that killed him in 2001.

As for Jane, anyone who goes to an enemy country during the course of a war for any reason other than killing people, is not someone I would consider anything other than a Traitor.

As I said before, I really wish my father was still around to explain it to you. I got my views on the topic from him as I was growing up. His views included the concept that it was the people here in the States, protesting the war, talking down the American troops morale and abilities that was the main reason we lost the war in Vietnam. I wasn't alive at the time, so you'll have to take it up with him if you want to get into an arguement over it.

How about his implication that the policies of the United States in this case are WRONG? That would probably be a good place to start with what was incorrect about his comments.

They are "WRONG", and it's not the policies of the United States it's the policies of a corrupt and incompetant white house.

Archived