Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgating Forbidden For Super Bowl

twenty-eight

Well, frankly with me not getting drunk, my own personal tailgate party would simply be enjoying sodas and food with a bunch of other same team fans, what is so wrong about that. Honestly you don't have to get drunk at a tailgate party.

Too bad more people don't think like you.

Too bad more people don't think like you.

Just because you don't HAVE to get drunk at a tailgate does not mean that you SHOULDN'T get drunk at a tailgate. There is a difference.

I also agree, that you don't have to get drunk at a tailgate. I am well aware of it but, I like to drink at a football game. Some people like to get hotdogs and/or soft pretzels. Some people buy programs. Some people just buy beer. Who gives a crap! You will do what you do and the people who think the opposite of you will do what they do. This isn't another post where PG is 'attacking' you.. just trying to make sure that you know the difference.

Just because you don't HAVE to get drunk at a tailgate does not mean that you SHOULDN'T get drunk at a tailgate. There is a difference.

I also agree, that you don't have to get drunk at a tailgate. I am well aware of it but, I like to drink at a football game. Some people like to get hotdogs and/or soft pretzels. Some people buy programs. Some people just buy beer. Who gives a crap! You will do what you do and the people who think the opposite of you will do what they do. This isn't another post where PG is 'attacking' you.. just trying to make sure that you know the difference.

Please PG, you think he would pass up an opportunity to yet again preach to the unwashed masses about the horrible evil of drinking? You naive, little man. :no:

Well, frankly with me not getting drunk, my own personal tailgate party would simply be enjoying sodas and food with a bunch of other same team fans, what is so wrong about that. Honestly you don't have to get drunk at a tailgate party.

I don't believe I ever mentioned alcohol or drunkeness in my post. I go to sporting events to watch the game. I show up a little before the start of the game and leave immediately after it's over. For me, there is no real need for the tailgating experience at all. If others wish to do it, fine; but it's not for me.

I don't believe I ever mentioned alcohol or drunkeness in my post. I go to sporting events to watch the game. I show up a little before the start of the game and leave immediately after it's over. For me, there is no real need for the tailgating experience at all. If others wish to do it, fine; but it's not for me.

:applause: And that is the way most people should feel. Just because I drink and you don't(not you in particular) doesn't mean that you have to lecture me about why I am "wrong" for doing it.

:munchout:

Popcorn which is high in sugar has a high/medium glycemic index value, which means it raises blood glucose levels relatively fast. The health effects of high glycemic food - when eaten to excess over time - may include a higher risk of Obesity, Hyperinsulimia, and Insulin Resistance, leading to Diabetes. For more, see Insulin Resistance, Obesity and Carbohydrates

Popcorn which is high in sugar has a high/medium glycemic index value, which means it raises blood glucose levels relatively fast. The health effects of high glycemic food - when eaten to excess over time - may include a higher risk of Obesity, Hyperinsulimia, and Insulin Resistance, leading to Diabetes. For more, see Insulin Resistance, Obesity and Carbohydrates

:rotflmao: Popcorn-Bad. Alcohol-good.

2 heaping handfuls of movie-theater popcorn: 168 calories,

Listed below is the calories per 12 oz bottle of beer

Anheuser Busch Natural Light 95

Anheuser Busch Natural Ice 157

Blue Moon 171

Bud Ice 148

Bud Ice Light 110

Bud Light 110

Budweiser 145

Busch Beer 133

Busch Ice 169

Bucsh Light 110

Colt 45 Malt Liquor 174

Coors Banquet Beer 142

Coors Light 102

Genesee Beer 148

Genesee Cream Ale 162

Genesee Ice 156

Genesee Red 148

George Killian's Irish Red 163

Keystone Premium 108

Keystone Light 104

Keystone Ice 143

Magnum Malt Liquor 157

Michael Shea's 145

Michelob Amber Boch 166

Michelob Beer 155

Michelob Golden Draft 152

Michelob Golden Draft Light 110

Michelob Honey Lager 175

Michelob Light 113

Michelob Ultra 95

Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor 157

Miller Genuine Draft 143

Miller Genuine Draft Light 110

Miller High Life 143

Miller High Life Light 110

Miller Lite 96

Milwaukee's Best 128

Milwaukee's Best Light 98

Milwaukee's Best Ice 144

O'Doul's 70

Old Milwaukee Light 114

Old Milwaukee Beer 146

Olde English 800 Malt Liquor 160

Pabst Blue Ribbon 153

Pete's Wicked Ale 174

Red Hook ESB 179

Red Hook IPA 188

Rolling Rock Extra Pale 142

Rolling Rock Premium Beer 120

Sam Adams Boston Lager 160

Sam Adams Boston Ale 160

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat 166

Sam Adams Cream Stout 195

Sam Adams IPA 175

Sam Adams Light 124

Sam Adams Pale Ale 145

Schlitz Beer 146

Schlitz Light 110

Schlitz Malt Liquor 185

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 200

Sierra Nevada Porter 200

Sierra Nevada Stout 210

Yuengling Ale 145

Yuengling Porter 150

Yuengling Premium Beer 135

Yuengling Light 98

Yuengling Lager 135

Amstel Light 99

Bass & Co's Pale Ale 160

Beck's Beer 143

Beck's Light 103

Beck's Dark 146

Corona Extra Beer 148

Dos Equis XX Imported Beer 149

Dos Equis XX Special Lager 156

Foster's Lager 156

Grolsch Lager Beer 145

Guiness Draught - Bottle 126

Guinness Extra Stout 153

Harp 142

Heineken Lager Beer 150

Heineken Special Dark Beer 170

Labatt's 50 153

Molson Canadian Beer 153

Molson Golden Beer 170

Molson Light 82

Moosehead Canadian Lager Beer 153

Nordik Wolf Light 110

Red Stripe Lager Beer 153

Sheaf Stout 174

St. Pauli Girl Beer 148

St. Pauli Girl Dark Beer 150

So, you movie goers.. you are more than likely a lot more unhealthy than I am. :silly:

You sure? It's pretty warm down there, you probably wouldnt have to wear a shirt for much of the trip

:laugh: But, I wouldn't have tickets to a football game. It's a shame. I was really gonna go down there and prove to you that I could tailgate with a group of 3-4 people and not have anything happen to us. You made a bet, and retracted it. :mad: :laugh:

And I look good without a shirt. :D

Explain to me why you SHOULD get drunk at a tailgate.

Please PG, you think he would pass up an opportunity to yet again preach to the unwashed masses about the horrible evil of drinking? You naive, little man. :no:

Rincewind, the fact that you'd make a stupid statement like the one above shows that you're only reading what you want to read and not trying to understand my point of view. I have no problem with people drinking alcohol. The problem comes when those same people can't handle their liquor and interfere with my trying to enjoy the game. The people who drink too much are the same people who puke in the stands, want to pick fights, yell constantly for no reason and just generally make fools of themselves. I'm seeing it more and more at FedEx Field and I'm tired of it. I applaud the NFL's efforts to create a more family-like atmosphere.

Just because I don't drink alcohol, does not make me morally superior to you or anyone else on this board who does, nor does it give you the right to insult me.

sometimes you can come across that way. just being honest.

I've been told that and that's why I've made it a point recently to say that I'm not morally superior to anyone on this board. I'm strictly talking from the point of view of someone trying to enjoy the game. A lot of the incidences that take place in the stands are fueled by drunk people and I'm very sensitive to that. And you have to admit that there are many people who attend these games who drink just to get drunk.

Let me stress again.... I don't care if you drink a beer, a Smirnoff or whatever. It's when you interfere with my enjoyment of the game where I have a problem.

I'm not sure who had the first tailgate, maybe one of the older teams who are in the cold, I'm thinking Packers or Bears fans. Probably some college team. Anyways, from what I've known, tailgating is as old as football itself. Shoot, I'm sure it could go back to the Civil War where the wives would have picnics and whatnot before and during battles.

I'm just saying that if I'm going to a game, I consider the tailgate experience part of it. For those who don't really care to tailgate, more power to you. But for those who think it's great that the NFL is infringing on something that has meant a lot to the majority of football fans for decades, possibly even a century, booo on you.

Explain to me why you SHOULD get drunk at a tailgate.

I should get drunk at a tailgate because if I don't, I will be too self conscious of other people around me and I will not try to get my section to stand up and cheer... Also when I am at road games, I will not cheer because I will try to hard to be that "good visiting fan" who acted like a club level ticket holder.

In short... Me without beer = Wine and Cheese crowd... Me with beer = Upper deck cheering squad...

I'm not sure who had the first tailgate, maybe one of the older teams who are in the cold, I'm thinking Packers or Bears fans. Probably some college team. Anyways, from what I've known, tailgating is as old as football itself. Shoot, I'm sure it could go back to the Civil War where the wives would have picnics and whatnot before and during battles.

I'm just saying that if I'm going to a game, I consider the tailgate experience part of it. For those who don't really care to tailgate, more power to you. But for those who think it's great that the NFL is infringing on something that has meant a lot to the majority of football fans for decades, possibly even a century, booo on you.

Times have changed and so have people. It's the idiots who ruin it for every one else. I'm sure there are tailgates out there where the people take precautions and make sure they stay under control. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks about that. In reality, the NFL is just trying to keep all Super Bowl attendees as safe as possible. I realize I'm not telling you anything you want to hear, but something has to be done about those who are out of control.

Archived