Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Wright and Holdman

lavar1156

walt harris did get torched too much last year, he obviously fixed himself up this year. but holdman was 10x worse than harris, as was kenny wright.

also, lets not forget, this is the best year harris has ever had by a landslide, hes not going to be having 8 picks a season at age 33 after being an avg CB for 10 years.

The other thing about Harris' numbers is that, from what I saw, he got lucky with some of that stuff. In the finale, for example, he "recovered" a fumble nonchalantly on a play that everyone, inlcuding Harris, thought was dead. On one of his picks, the ball was deflected badly and went right where he happened to be playing zone.

I'm not trying to take away his accomplishments because he had a great rebound year this year, but let's not kid ourselves. He was awful here and both sides needed to move on.

"I'm thrilled to be back, without a doubt," he said. "Washington is a fun team to play for. A few years ago going to the playoffs was a lot of fun, and I hope we'll turn it around and get back to that."

Funny quote by the Red Snapper. A few years ago? And here I thought we made the playoffs last year. It sure must have been a looooong season for him.

"I'm thrilled to be back, without a doubt," he said. "Washington is a fun team to play for. A few years ago going to the playoffs was a lot of fun, and I hope we'll turn it around and get back to that."

Funny quote by the Red Snapper. A few years ago? And here I thought we made the playoffs last year. It sure must have been a looooong season for him.

Wasn't he here for the '99 playoffs as well, can't remember. I was thinking that Albright was originally brought in by Norv.

Wasn't he here for the '99 playoffs as well, can't remember. I was thinking that Albright was originally brought in by Norv.

I don't know as though he was here, or if he was, he wasn't our long snapper. If you remember correctly, Dan Turk (punter Matt Turk's brother) was the culprit on the botched snap in the playoff game at Tampa. He was cut, Matt left the team, and sadly a few years later Dan Turk died.

Anyway, if Ethan was here, he wasn't in the same role.

the Redskins need to acquire a top flight corner in FA with their one 'big' signing and then look for young developmental players to bring along.

I think Troy Vincent can help as a veteran #3 corner in case Springs moves to safety or as a #4 in case Springs stays at CB.

In either case, I would not resign Kenny Wright, I would not resign Mike Rumph.

It was interesting to hear Clinton Portis mention John Eubanks, who was on the Redskins PS all season, as a candidate the club should be looking at.

Archived