Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice could be cut

gobigred

No thanks, we need good young prospects at defensive end. Not another aging veteran.

The draft is deep with prospects where we need them this year. Time to do something we haven't done since 1997... draft a friggin defensive lineman in the first round!

Yeah really. Aging former-star player whose own team no longer thinks he's worth his paycheck? Sounds vaguely familiar...

Cobbling together old vets into some sort of ultimate fantasy team of ex-stars doesn't work. If we're gonna return to Redskins football, it needs to be done through the draft and with young, capable, ego-less free agents.

Rice is another DE that is a liability vs. the run. How does this 32 year old former speed rusher help the Redskins?

You would have to field a very strong presence at OLB on his side of the ball to help solidify the point of attack vs the rush and the Redskins don't have a stud 245-250 LB in the stable to get the job done right now.

Uhh marcus washington? I will say this the man is a passrusher who has improved his game against the run a lot, he laos forces turnovers, so with Pass rush and turnovers being the biggest weaknesses (followed by ru stopping) can we afford not to at least put feelers out there? age and injuries would be less of an issue here if we platooned him.

I made a mistake on the age thing, my bad but the guy is still good he whipped our buts last year and he plays with emotion. I also said we should go after Julian Peterson and some of you said the same thing you are saying now. We need effective talent and should not be focusing on age as being the the only issue look at Junior Seau We said the same thing about him but he is in the playoffs and were at home.

Actually Junior Seau is on IR with a team in the playoffs.

Julian Peterson was a bad idea more because his agents are the Postons, and now he is making crazy money with the Seahawks.

Simeon Rice's best games come against the redskins, that is how he has made his career. Will he still put up any stats if he is playing for us? Seriously though he is old and probably not our best option or a viable longterm solution. The problem is that if TB cuts Rice then most likely they will draft Gaines Adams before we do.

Not specific to Rice since he doesn't seem to fit the bill, but in reference to certain reasons not to sign him. The number one solution to our main defensive problem is finding quality depth. Given that we have NO mid-round picks, where do you propose we find quality depth at value?

We don't need an old guy past his prime. That's burned us way too many times, and shame on anyone whose memory doesn't serve them well enough to remind them of past Redskins FA mistakes.

Build young, build cheap, build winners. Build old, build expensive, build a giant pile of pinkslips.

No more GM-adden moves!

Seriously, Simeon Rice is a me first, team cancer who is only interested in his personal sack total. No, no and no.

Exactly, Rice is not the kind of guy I want in the Skins locker room. Don't get me wrong, he has had some great years, but he is not exactly a team player.

Archived