Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Portis our new era John Riggins?

chaught76

riggins would't last in the nfl nowdays

riggins 6'2 230 lbs

portis 5'11 212

they have pretty similar builds since riggins was taller

He'd last, and he'd excel. In this day and age, with the wieght training and diet these guys have avaliable to them, he'd probably be closer to 250.

Imagine T.J., with the heart, desire and will of John Riggins. :notworthy

riggins 6'2 230 lbs

portis 5'11 212

they have pretty similar builds since riggins was taller

Ah, a member of the Cult of Measurables. I'll tell you what: I'll build my team out of character guys with heart and toughness and a will to win that can't be stopped, and you take the guys with measurables.

I'll get Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, and John Riggins. And a whole host of others. And you'll lose every single game.

Ah, a member of the Cult of Measurables. I'll tell you what: I'll build my team out of character guys with heart and toughness and a will to win that can't be stopped, and you take the guys with measurables.

I'll get Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, and John Riggins. And a whole host of others. And you'll lose every single game.

But his team will have more impressive stats from the combine!

:laugh:

No, you get reamed because of your username and making asanine remarks when discussing our former players.

Tell me, how has Brandon Lloyd proved himself worthy to even have his name on this site?

:logo:

if you want the truth this wasnt supposed to be my name. i registered as Sean_Taylors_Handgun and it never got approved, so i made 2 others. this was the last one i made, somehow it got approved before the others so i kept it cause i wanted to get on the board. but i will say one thing

Lloyd Christmas > Brandon Lloyd

although im guessing a lot of you old timers dont know who lloyd christmas is, but its all good.

Actually, if I were to pick a persona on our current team that somewhat resembles Riggo "back when".... I'd go with Cooley.

Your exactly right Tom. Cooley has much more the feel of Riggins personality. Portis strikes me a as a bit of a whiner.

u would pick riggins over guys like walter payton? LT, barry sanders?

I remember Riggins checking into a hospital and put in traction due to a bad back. But come Sunday, he was in pads and rushing for 100 yards.

I also saw Bernie Kosar play 3 quarters on a broken ankle and lead his team to a win. Ronnie Lott had the option of losing part of his finger or sitting out the rest of the game and getting surgery to repair it. He told the trainer to clip it off,he had to get back in the game.

Since when have you seen today's players sacrifice for the game like that? Hell, players get a hangnail and their out of the game. So don't spout this BS that Riggins and players of his era couldn't make it in today's game.

u would pick riggins over guys like walter payton? LT, barry sanders?

I'd get Walter Payton -- he was considered slow. LT had the measurables, so you get him.

And I'd get Barry Sanders -- they knocked him for his size. I'd also get Zach Thomas (undersized), Curtis Martin (slow), Emmit Smith (slow), Jerome Bettis (slow), Tiki Barber (slow - 4.55 40 before the combine). Terrell Owens would be mine, but I don't want him. Of course I'd have Lewis to pair with Thomas at linebacker. Bruschi was too small. The list goes on and on.

Archived