Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis on 980...anybody listening??

diego1115

Portis good when focused. But is he focused?

He had 7 TDs when he wasn't a 100%.How can you say he's not focused.I mean he only played what 7 games and had 7 TDs.That sounds pretty good to me.He will be focused when the season starts and he will give us a 110%.

He had 7 TDs when he wasn't a 100%.How can you say he's not focused.I mean he only played what 7 games and had 7 TDs.That sounds pretty good to me.He will be focused when the season starts and he will give us a 110%.

add to the fact 5 straight 100 yd games at the end of the year with 8 in the box to stop the run when they knew it was coming and playing with a physically challenged qb in brunell.. let cp play with JC and watch CP be mentioned as a top 3 back again

All the Core Redskins he named are NO surprise to me. Exactly the people I was thinking but David Patten was a shocker

David Patten is only a shocker,because of how much he plays and his stats.Thats does not mean he doesn't work hard.Lets face it Patten was the #4 WR for a reson this year.Lloyd and Randel El are getting paid to much to be a #4.

and him comparing J. Campbel to Brett Farve is just plain idiotic...

I hate when people makes comments like this. What was so wrong in saying Campbell should be allowed to go downfield more, Brett Favre is allowed to? This isn't saying he's on Favre's level, but it works for him, and if Campbell can throw more touchdowns than interceptions than let him do his thing. Where is the harm in that?

People should actually look at the meaning of someone's comments and not look for something to nitpick about.

Guest Gichin13
The players who said they want to be Redskins, take a lousy two million more to go play with a division rival? Oh yeah they really wanted to stay Redskins.

A lousy two million.

Give me that lousy two million. Wonder what I could do with it.

These guys have zippo guaranteed and are one play away from being crippled, no problem with them asking for market value when the Skins are overpaying any FA they sign from elsewhere especially.

A lousy two million.

Give me that lousy two million. Wonder what I could do with it.

These guys have zippo guaranteed and are one play away from being crippled, no problem with them asking for market value when the Skins are overpaying any FA they sign from elsewhere especially.

That's really the most important part. You could maybe defend some of those decisions to 'underpay', if the FO wasn't so hell-bent on always OVERPAYING, well above fair market value, for average (at best) talent.

Of course we can say 'a lousy two million', because of these freaking 30-million dollar contracts and 5-million dollar bonuses for guys who never played a snap for the Redskins in their lives.

I hate when people makes comments like this. What was so wrong in saying Campbell should be allowed to go downfield more, Brett Favre is allowed to? This isn't saying he's on Favre's level, but it works for him, and if Campbell can throw more touchdowns than interceptions than let him do his thing. Where is the harm in that?

People should actually look at the meaning of someone's comments and not look for something to nitpick about.

The comment came when the question was "do you think campbell is limited?"

So why use Bret farve to prove your point?

Farve knows his offense inside and out so of course he can go deep whenever he wants .....

With a young QB you have to pick your shots the way we did....

i understand that he thinks campbell is good. Just as all of us think so.

But to say he should have as much freedom as Brett Farve this early is just plain ole dumb...:doh:

If Clinton Portis worked for me he would be fired. :mad:

Good thing he does not work for you. It has been this type of attitude and frankly, arrogance exhibited by mostly the coaching staff that has been the largest contributor to our demise. I sense a lot of resentment from the players for a myriad of reasons. (Arrogant coaches who are not approachable, core Redskins who were let go, overpaying free agents who were not really needed and have not been on the field, alienating players, not playing players that were clearly better, coaches not practicing what they preach, not listening to your troops and leaders, different units not communicating etc....)

I applaud Portis and his honesty. Let's get one thing straight here.....Portis is not the problem here. The bottom line is, he is right.

Man, you need to get off portis' crotch, You have made it VERY clear that you are more of a Clinton Portis fan than a Redskin fan. Portis is not as good as you think he is, he is average AT BEST. Nobody should be saying the things about their organization to the media the way Clinton is, especailly an AVERAGE player.

I can't wait until we trade Clinton Poris for some value and at the same time start the BETTER team player and the BETTER running back, Ladell Betts.

Average at best? He broke the Redskins single season rushing record. He is a top 5 back in the NFL.

Portis should have had these talks behind closed doors. He vowed to go public with it for whatever reasons he had. A huge mistake.

Shockey, Barber, Plex, TO, R.Moss....Portis?

Some things should be said in public and some things shouldn't. Congrats CP.. you just got traded. :ciao:

I'm not sure what people are saying about Portis here. Are you frustrated that he brought to the light "behind doors" issues or frustrated that he has confirmed to us all exactly what we feard the most : This team has some huge issues! Huge. It has no leadership whatsoever and it showed all season. Are we really surprised by what Portis said? Or just hurt behind belief at hearing the truth for a change rather than the usual from our coach(es)?

Portis might be traded for this but it will just confirm moreso how much Gibbs has lost control of his team. He needs to gain control. Gibbs should grab Portis, shake the hell out of him for going public, and than thank him for getting his attention on the status of his football team. :2cents:

Some things should be said in public and some things shouldn't. Congrats CP.. you just got traded. :ciao:

How does talking publicly make you a trade bait?

CP has been here for three years with Coach Gibbs. You're going to trade him just because he rants to the public? Not to mention it's the first time he has done it. That's just stupid.

The only reason they traded for Portis because Dan likes to do deals with the Broncos owner.

The trade did not make sense. We had a top 5 pick. Stephen Jackson was a better Joe Gibbs power running back.

If you were going to trade Champ Bailey it should have been for a position that is hard to find like corner.

We got what we asked for. Portis got traded for Denver because of his mouth according to him.

Portis should have had these talks behind closed doors. He vowed to go public with it for whatever reasons he had. A huge mistake.

Shockey, Barber, Plex, TO, R.Moss....Portis?

:rolleyes:

wanna wager he's here next year?

Archived