Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UELN Article: "GW and Gibbs break their Silence"--CAUTION! SATIRE!

laxpck

Dateline 12/29/06 - Ashburn

Gregg Williams and Joe Gibbs addressed the media today in response to the bleeding heart articles being put out by the media about Adam Archuleta.

In response to Archuleta's belly aching about "not being addressed by my coaches" GW had this to say. "We brought Mr. Archuleta in for a specific reason, due to early injuries we asked him to do some other stuff that anyone who plays "safety" should be able to perform. We gave him 6 weeks to attempt to learn to cover someone. After the Dallas game, which we won on a "meast" occurence, in which Mr. Archuleta was torched by a man 50 pounds heavier than him for what should have been the game winning play, we decided to go with someone else to perform coverages."

Mr. Gibbs chimed in "I gave a quick pep talk to Mr Archuleta to let him know he wasn't dead in the water, hard work and listening to his coaches could make him a better cover safety, which our team was in desperate need of. In the meantime we started a younger but better cover safety."

Mr. Gibbs continued "Mr. Archuleta decided to take this decision personally and go to the media with his gripes. Tom Friend's report stated that the system was flawed and not the players. I can never ever condone airing your personal feelings to the media and not to your team and coaches. These things should stay in house."

Mr. Williams concluded "It has been a tough year for me between injuries and the unmasking of the cover two defense I have employed for years. The last thing I needed is someone telling me that my system of coaching was wrong. Especially when it is motivated by personal feeling of being wronged, just like Lavar did to us last year. We have to be one unit. We have to fight for one goal. We cannot feel like we are eroded from the inside."

Mr. Gibbs punctuated Mr. Williams comments with the following, "I dont employ snitches on my team. I dont want someone who is personally unhappy to run to the media so he can have someone who will listen. Teams are not run that way. I can not trust Mr. Archuleta anymore in a impact enviroment because he puts his wants ahead of the team. It was not a super smart move and we will figure out what to do to get him off our team without overly hurting our team. I wish when we scouted him in the offseason we could of seen his true character, but unfortunately in life it takes tough times to see what a human is made of. I dont like what I see in Mr. Archuleta. He will not be an impact part of my team"

God i wish this would happen and you all would shut the F up about how Gibbs and GW dont know crap about crap. But GW and Gibbs have too much class (unlike AA).

Rot in Hell AA, you sninveling backstabbing cry baby. I am sorry we ever believed in you.

Jeebus the Message Board Nazi's are in full force.

Not meant to be funny. Meant to show my feeling towards AA for airing laundry.. Gibbs and Williams would never ever talk that way. They have too much class, they are too big of professionals to ever speak that way of anyone, no matter how betrayed they feel.

They are the exact opposite of someone like A.A.

But hey I will edit my post right now so you all dont have to read all the way to the word "meast" to understand that its Satire.

Not meant to be funny. Meant to show my feeling towards AA.

But hey I will edit my post right now so you all dont have to read all the way to the word "meast" to understand that its Satire.

What do you expect? Alot of fans are just salivating for the whole story on the "deepthroat" in the Skins locker room.

I kind of thought it was not true by the way you had Gibbs speaking. He never lays out a player like that. He is all class all the time.

Not meant to be funny. Meant to show my feeling towards AA for airing laundry.. Gibbs and Williams would never ever talk that way. They have too much class, they are too big of professionals to ever speak that way of anyone, no matter how betrayed they feel.

They are the exact opposite of someone like A.A.

Since you have now carried this into other threads...FYI..just check the rules. Everyone is actually trying to HELP you, not give you a hard time. It can be frustrating to be "slammed" by fellow members with the same response, but it's done most of the time with good intentions.

:2cents: :logo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

Since you have now carried this into other threads...FYI..just check the rules. Everyone is actually trying to HELP you, not give you a hard time. It can be frustrating to be "slammed" by fellow members with the same response, but it's done most of the time with good intentions.

:2cents: :logo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

Why does everything have to be wearing Groucho glasses for people to figure out it's meant to be satire? I would be less concerned at the poster misleading people, and more concerned about my gulibility.

Why does everything have to be wearing Groucho glasses for people to figure out it's meant to be satire? I would be less concerned at the poster misleading people, and more concerned about my gulibility.

If it's meant to be satire, then it should be LABELED as such.

for me...I got it...however I was explaining to him why he might have gotten the responses he did....:2cents:

Thank you Pgitta

I enjoyed your thread on the mountain.

I hope you enjoyed my post about that backstabbing SOB Adam Archuleta.

I agree that we should not have to label anything as anything on this board. The knee jerk reaction when one gets fooled by satire is to strike back at him who doth wrote the selection, but some of us actually are amused by that reaction and the fact we were gullible enough to think it was real (see BORAT).

Is the idea that AA is deepthroat so unacceptable? Is there any other explanation as to why AA is being treated so illogically by people I know to be on the level (GW and JG)?

Archived