Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fecals are a better team without McDrabb

grampi

Has anyone else noticed how much better the Fecals have been since McDrabb went down? Not that I like the Fecals, I just don't despise them like I do the Crackboys. I was glad to see them spank Dullass! Once Dullass is done for the season, I will be rooting against the Fecals (unless they're not needed to take out the Crackboys).

Old news. People who have been following McNabb's career without giving into the immense media hype have been predicting something like this for a long time. All the Birds needed was a quality backup to prove it. Last year they had McMahon and Detmer. This year they have Garcia. McNabb's nothing more then a media darling.

Hey grampi... ever wonder why you don't see any other threads in the Stadium about the Eagles or any other NFL team other than Redskins news?

It's for a reason :)

If the topic doesn't interest you, why not ignore it? I thought it would be nice to talk about something other than all the whiney stuff about how bad the Skins suck this year. That crap gets old.

Has anyone else noticed how much better the Fecals have been since McDrabb went down? Not that I like the Fecals, I just don't despise them like I do the Crackboys. I was glad to see them spank Dullass! Once Dullass is done for the season, I will be rooting against the Fecals (unless they're not needed to take out the Crackboys).

That had to be the single-most redundant paragraph I've ever read in my life. :laugh:

That had to be the single-most redundant paragraph I've ever read in my life. :laugh:

Maybe it's just because the Skins have sucked for so long and people in this site are cranky because of it, but I don't believe I've ever been in a forum where the people are so rude and bitter to each other. Apparently none of you have ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I think McPoopypants is one of the best QB's in the game. however, I also think he has trouble dealing with the pressure of playoff games. Garcia is a pro-bowl quaterback with extensive experience in the system. They are not better without McNabb, but they are fortunate to have such a quality backup. I think it's hilarious T.O. has convinced so many that he is gay when in fact he seems to be one of the toughest SOB's in the league. I think he has chronic bloody elbow. And what's with the tape on his hand covering that open sore?

that cut on his hand looks disgusting, thats gonna get infected sooner or later

it's funny how he always dives head first instead of sliding and it looks like he gets killed, but the other guy always seems to be slow to get up

I like Jeff Garcia but McNabb ain't getting replaced, and McNabb would have looked a lot better too if he got to see this kind of balance in the running game, Jeff Garcia would not look nearly as good as McNabb if he was running an offense that went 70/30 pass/run for the last year and a half that he was in charge.

Alabama nailed it. The Eagles are a more balanced team now. Andy/Marty Morhnweig are committing to a running game. When Donovan is in there, they put it on his shoulders. Now with Garcia, they are using that big offensive line, and pounding the football.

And maybe more importantly since the offense was never really the problem....the defense is finally starting to play stingy and physical again.

McNabb is still the man for the Birds. Good D and a solid mix on offense has been the key. Hopefully Andy and company continue mixing it up next season when he gets back.

Alabama nailed it. The Eagles are a more balanced team now. Andy/Marty Morhnweig are committing to a running game. When Donovan is in there, they put it on his shoulders. Now with Garcia, they are using that big offensive line, and pounding the football.

And maybe more importantly since the offense was never really the problem....the defense is finally starting to play stingy and physical again.

McNabb is still the man for the Birds. Good D and a solid mix on offense has been the key. Hopefully Andy and company continue mixing it up next season when he gets back.

I agree. The McNabb injury was like a wakeup call for the whole team, both offensively and defensively. Reid was forced to run more. The defense was forced to step it up because they knew the Eagles couldn't put up huge points like they did when they had McNabb.

The Eagles are going to be incredibly scary when they get McNabb back.

I agree. The McNabb injury was like a wakeup call for the whole team, both offensively and defensively. Reid was forced to run more. The defense was forced to step it up because they knew the Eagles couldn't put up huge points like they did when they had McNabb.

The Eagles are going to be incredibly scary when they get McNabb back.

I don't think so. Reid will probably pass 40 times a game because he trusts Mcnabb better than garcia. Then Mcnabb will get hurt again. And westbrook, I don't know if he can carry the ball 25+ times every game.

All the time that Eagles fans were complaining about McNabb for not winning championships, I always told my brother that we should write McNabb to come to Washington. My letter would include in Philly they boo when you lose the Super Bowl or NFC championships but hell in Washington we would build solid gold statues of you for making the playoffs. I think that's pretty good arguement no? well until Campbell showed up. I like Campbell more than any recent QB that has played for the Skins.

I don't agree...

Wouldn't it be crazy if the Iggles won the superbowl with Garcia(who the philly fans booed) but couldn't do it with McNabb?

The Eagles are better with McNabb at QB, it's a moot point and shouldn't even be discussed. Andy Reid has turned over the play calling to MM for the 1st time in his tenure there. He's always had a ratio of around 70/30 60/40 pass/run...in their wins it's been much closer to 50/50. Minus the one TO year, this is the best receiving corps the team has had and McNabb carried those receiving bums to 4 straight NFC Championships and an SB appearance...yes he can and has won playoff games obviously.

McNabb was putting up an MVP season before getting hurt, their record was very deceiving, they should've been 7-1 going into the bye.

McNabb has carried this team for about 8 years, Garcia about 5 games. I think that says enough.

I don't agree...

Wouldn't it be crazy if the Iggles won the superbowl with Garcia(who the philly fans booed) but couldn't do it with McNabb?

That would be funny. I wonder why the Redskins can't get lucky with a QB signing like the Eagles did with Garcia. We signed Brunell to a huge contract and he never looked 1/2 as good as Garcia has for the past 5 weeks. Garcia isn't great but he has better skills than Brunell does now or did in 2004 when both were on the market.

McGagg is more apt to make the spectacular plays. He's got a much stronger arm than Tinkerbell. He is MUCH more dangerous as a running threat than Tinker is.

However, Tinkerbell runs the West Coast-quick pass offense better than Donovan. He's more accurate, and makes decisions faster. He gives them the best chance to win the big one, since, Donovan throwing up at crunch time is a far better possibility than making the big play at crunch time in the big one.

And since Porky ain't calling the plays anymore, they won't take their foot of the gas in the playoffs. Reid has been the biggest reason for their past postseason failures, IMO, because he coahes one way during the regular season, and then flips the chicken switch on in the biggest games of all.

With the state of the NFC, the Eagles have a good shot at going all the way to the Super Bowl. Where they would be stomped by whoever they play.

McGagg is more apt to make the spectacular plays. He's got a much stronger arm than Tinkerbell. He is MUCH more dangerous as a running threat than Tinker is.

However, Tinkerbell runs the West Coast-quick pass offense better than Donovan. He's more accurate, and makes decisions faster. He gives them the best chance to win the big one, since, Donovan throwing up at crunch time is a far better possibility than making the big play at crunch time in the big one.

And since Porky ain't calling the plays anymore, they won't take their foot of the gas in the playoffs. Reid has been the biggest reason for their past postseason failures, IMO, because he coahes one way during the regular season, and then flips the chicken switch on in the biggest games of all.

With the state of the NFC, the Eagles have a good shot at going all the way to the Super Bowl. Where they would be stomped by whoever they play.

Did you know that on every drive McNabb has ever thrown up during over the course of his career the Eagles have ended that drive with a touchdown?

Archived