Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unbelievable poker hands!

SUNSTONE

That's tough there.

The most I have ever lost in one hand was 350$. (trip 7's to a str)

The craziest hand I have ever been in, there was only 3 players left in the game.

Preflop Me 10 10, Lady QQ, Chan 33

Flop comes 10 3 3 turn Q river nothing special.

I lost 100 on that hand.

The craziest I have ever seen had 3 players hitting Q's full, K's full and A's full, in a 10 - 20$ limit game.

The K's full folded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With only one A on the board!!!!!

Saw one on TV, once:

Players:

A little

A little

K K

Flop: A A little

Players now see:

A A on board, 3rd A in hand

A A on board, 3rd A in hand (but it's really the 4th A)

A A on board, K K in hand

Big bets all around.

Next card: K

Players now see:

A A on board, 3rd A in hand

A A on board, 3rd A in hand (but it's really the 4th A)

A A K on board, K K in hand

Big bets all around.

Last card: little.

As a co-worker said when I told him about the hand: That's a hand where at least one person's going home after the hand.

-----

I also remember, in a nickle game I was sitting in MANY years ago. Five card draw.

One of the players is dealt a pair of aces. Throws in three cards, and gets the other two aces. He's holding four aces, and everybody at the table knows he drew three cards.

Unfortunately for Joe Stud, everybody else has doo-doo. He bets about 50 cents, and everybody else folds. He's so ticked he shows us his cards, anyway.

The same thing happens on the next hand. (Different dealer.)

Oh, he was ticked. "Why couldn't one of you bastiges have had a full house he was proud of?"

Ouch, that's painful, but Danny knew he was beat when he bet the last one.

The absolute WORST loss I ever had was with a straight flush. I had a 45 of hearts, the flop came up 6 8 of hearts, ace. turn was the 7 and I thought I had the nuts. I was sitting in a no limit $100 entry and I was up against the money leader late in the night, and I was in 2nd (12 team tourney, winner gets 600, then 300 & 200 for top three) There were four at the table. I slow play the 7 and make a bet like I caught the straight, and I get raised by a sizable amount, about 1/4 of my chips, so I turn around and go all it.

The biatch has the 9 & 10 of hearts :doh: Instead of leaving at least $100 to the good, I end up with zippo.

Welcome to the world of poker :laugh:

BTW, regarding the hand I described:

It wasn't until later that it occurred to me. With four cards on the table, the guy with the full house? He's not guaranteed to win. If either of the little cards on the board (the one revealed with the two aces or the last card) match either of the little cards the two ace-holders are holding, then the full house Kings over Aces loses to a full house Aces - little.

(It's even possible, with the right little cards on the table, for all three players to be Full.)

Edit: The Kings Full also loses if the two little cards on the board match each other.

My best hand was in a single table Sit-&-Go Tournament, No Limit Texas Hold 'Em.

3 players in the hand and I'm in middle position, but with the most chips of the players in the hand.

My hand: 10-J hearts

Flop hits: 8h-9s-Qs

First players bets and I and the next player both call.

Turn: 8h-9s-Qs-Qh

First player bets pretty large

I figure he just caught his third Q, and figure my Q-high straight is good.

So I call and the third player calls too.

River: 8h-9s-Qs-Qh-9h

I hit my Q-high Straight Flush. First player checks and I figure now he just got his full house, so I bet pretty large.

3rd player folds, and the first player raises All-in (this was in the time when you could chat during all-ins. I simply type in, "Sorry, but I got the nuts" then I call.

Turns out he had pocket Q's meaning that he had quad Q's and I was actually beat on the turn, thank goodness for the river!

That Queen High Straight Flush may not have ranked higher than the royal flush I caught during a live game, but it is by far my favorite hand, simply because of the way it played out.

The check raise is the best play in hold'em IMO....if you play scared in the beginning and stay out of most hands, then check raise your strong hands it makes it very easy to bluff last when the blinds are bigger etc....

Yep, and if you're playing with people who actually have a stinking clue about what is happening with the bets and check raises (btw, a rare phenomenon in online poker) you will also be able to tell the strength of the hands of the people that call you. I give the impression of a tight player, folding most hands preflop etc, which alerts players when I actually stay in a hand enabling me to present a big hand when I am actually playing low cards or rags. Tight-Aggressive play is the best strategy in any limit game, period, it forces others out of the hand because of the strength you present, and it also opens up the door for low-balling or semi-bluffing. I love it, people think I'm predictable, yet they end up folding while I'm holding empty cards. I love poker.;)

BTW, I am strictly Texas Hold 'em.

Like Doyle says...If you can't play em all, you can't play at all ;)

Yeah, but Doyle is old school, and back in the day when he made his name professional players were restricted to travelling to find the back room games where each night could mean playing an entirely different game. I respect the players who can master several different disciplines. As for me, well I have enough trouble keeping up with the percentages in one game, much less the 1000's of hybrid variations of poker.

Didn't they just make it illegal to play online poker in the US?? :)

For money, you can play for free all you want, but online gambling is illegal and has been illegal its just that sites like ultimatebet, full-tilt etc have their computer servers in other countries where their is no law against online gambling, so now the Feds are tracing the bank transfers to prosecute online gamblers.

For money, you can play for free all you want, but online gambling is illegal and has been illegal its just that sites like ultimatebet, full-tilt etc have their computer servers in other countries where their is no law against online gambling, so now the Feds are tracing the bank transfers to prosecute online gamblers.

Actually, that's close, but not quite.

See, the Feds have decided that prosecuting online gamblers is a) too much work, and B) might make people vote against Big Brother.

So instead, they've decided that they'll prosecute your bank, if your bank fails to conduct surveillance on all of your transactions, and to prevent you from spending money on things that the Feds don't want you to spend money on.

Worst beat I saw was at a small bet table. 1 guy had pocket A's other guy had 4,5 diamonds, Flop Ad,Ac,2d. Guy flops 4 A's other straight flush draw. Turn, 3 d and guy gets straight flush. River card irrevelant. Both bet to the max. Dealer initally gives pot to 4 A's but the table let her know what to do. Guy with quads gets up and leaves the table. It was unbelivable.

Actually, that's close, but not quite.

See, the Feds have decided that prosecuting online gamblers is a) too much work, and B) might make people vote against Big Brother.

So instead, they've decided that they'll prosecute your bank, if your bank fails to conduct surveillance on all of your transactions, and to prevent you from spending money on things that the Feds don't want you to spend money on.

Thanks for the correction. Its funny Orson Wells was right on the money with a lot of what was in 1984, but one thing he got wrong and that was the people were always reminded that big brother was watching them, when the reality is that big brother has managed to keep a pretty low profile and only appears when he needs to come out of hiding.

Worst beat I saw was at a small bet table. 1 guy had pocket A's other guy had 4,5 diamonds, Flop Ad,Ac,2d. Guy flops 4 A's other straight flush draw. Turn, 3 d and guy gets straight flush. River card irrevelant. Both bet to the max. Dealer initally gives pot to 4 A's but the table let her know what to do. Guy with quads gets up and leaves the table. It was unbelivable.

Was there a bad beat jackpot? Usually it is A's over K's full, at least where I play. Something like that would be worth a $60K split for the table. . .

Thanks for the correction. Its funny Orson Wells was right on the money with a lot of what was in 1984, but one thing he got wrong and that was the people were always reminded that big brother was watching them, when the reality is that big brother has managed to keep a pretty low profile and only appears when he needs to come out of hiding.

I think you mean George Orwell.

My inlaws made my wife join in for a poker game a few weeks ago. Her first hand of draw poker was a king-high straight flush. She didn't know if she had a good hard or not. I told her to go for pairs, all in a row, or all with the same little symbol on the corner.

Archived