Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles ALWAYS play with H E A R T

GaryClarkFan

Say what you will about Philly, I can't stand them either, but you have to admit they get up for EVERY game. They lose their starting quarterback and have no real running game and it seems they are in every game because of their will to win.

I wish the Skins had these type of players.:2cents:

Eagles didn't play with a lot of heart last year as they were a speed bump in the NFC East. The Redskins players haven't given up and have played close games since Campbell became the starter. The difference is that Garcia is 36 years old and has veteran experience while the Eagles are not missing a player of Clinton Portis' stature in the backfield or at wide receiver. Garcia has a healthy offense to work with.

Oh please. This conversation probably wasn't even considered earlier this season when Philly, with Donovan, weren't playing all that well going 5-4. Without Donovan, they've had their butts handed to them twice. Though they have won 3 in row now, as Bulldog said, different circumstances. And per chance, did you see today's game? That was heart. It's seemed it's been a little lacking at times this year, but today was a good example of team that has heart.

yeah, buddy, going down to NO and beating a 9-4 team at home with homefield on the line shows no heart, right? :laugh:

Give me a break. You might as well take that #84 jersey off and put on an apron.

Yeah buddy, were a great team because we played 1 good game. Good going jerkoff, what do you know about # 84???

Guest sith lord
yeah, buddy, going down to NO and beating a 9-4 team at home with homefield on the line shows no heart, right? :laugh:

Give me a break. You might as well take that #84 jersey off and put on an apron.

One win on the road doesn't erase the way this team has played this year. The defense stepped up, but the way our offense was moving the ball, we should have scored well over 16 points.

One win on the road doesn't erase the way this team has played this year. The defense stepped up, but the way our offense was moving the ball, we should have scored well over 16 points.

The thread isn't about the play, or lack of it, of the team over the year. It was about the supposed lack of HEART. Posting this after we beat the Saints in NO makes no sense, whatsoever.

Guest sith lord
The thread isn't about the play, or lack of it, of the team over the year. It was about the supposed lack of HEART. Posting this after we beat the Saints in NO makes no sense, whatsoever.

I don't think it was about heart, I just think we outplayed them. It takes more than a good game here and there to prove that you have heart.

Please. Best thing that happened to Philly this year was losing McNabb. Garcia knows the WCO like the back of his hand. He puts balls where his receivers can get them (instead of in the dirt or over their heads) and he worries about playing football instead of hawking soup or his selling his clothing line in the middle of a losing streak. Garcia is exactly what the Eagles needed at the point in the season when he cme in as starter. They probably would have lost two-of-the-last-three had McNabb remained under center.

Amen.

This team came into NO 4-9 with nothing to play for but their pride. They could have rolled over taken a beating and nobody would have blamed them for going down against the top ranked offense in the league.

Instead our much maligned defense came in and put a whooping on the Saints.

Imho this was the best effort we've shown all year.

Eagles didn't play with a lot of heart last year as they were a speed bump in the NFC East. The Redskins players haven't given up and have played close games since Campbell became the starter. The difference is that Garcia is 36 years old and has veteran experience while the Eagles are not missing a player of Clinton Portis' stature in the backfield or at wide receiver. Garcia has a healthy offense to work with.
I disagree completely. Despite the fact that we went 0-6 in the East last year, we still managed to make it pretty tough on both Washington and New York with Mike McMahon at the helm.

Ummmm WRONG FORUM FOR EAGLE TALK

Mods move or close this thread, please!

And just because we dont jump up and down after every tackle does not mean we do not play with heart, smart guy. I'll take the quiet non showboating players over the ones who do showboat, ANY DAY

Say what you will about this season, but we've had some really good games this year:

Beat the Jags at home in OT !

Beat the Cowboys at home in the final second !

Came from behind to beat the Panthers in the 4th quarter with a 66 yard pass.

Held on to beat the Saints.

All four of these were great great wins, and we generally didn't get excitement like this under the previous 3 coaches. Wins like this require playing with heart. Now if we could just get some consistency...

Archived