Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris Defensive Player of the Month for the NFC

jpyaks3

He is playing lights out in SF, and is finally getting recognized for it.

Harris recorded 19 tackles, three interceptions, five passes defensed and a forced fumble during the month as the 49ers posted a 3-1 record. Harris' three interceptions tied for the most by a player during November and he ended the month tied for the NFL lead with a career-high six interceptions. The San Francisco defense allowed just 12.5 points per game during the month, the second-lowest average in the NFC. On Nov. 5, in a win over Minnesota, Harris had three tackles and an interception. The next week, Harris had eight tackles and a forced fumble as the 49ers defeated Detroit. Against Seattle, Harris had two interceptions and three tackles to help San Francisco defeat the division-rival Seahawks. In the month's final game, Harris had five tackles and three passes defensed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9857106

Sigh....goes to show what most of our GM fans know

I hate to be blunt, but he is horrible. Let him go.

He sucks! Let him go. Plus, he looks funny

He can't tackle anyone. Heck, he gives the receivers ten yard cushions, and can't tackle after they catch the ball. He also whiffed on the last play of the game, he had a clean shot on Tomlinson, and bounced off him like a pinball. Horrible. Backup if necessary at best. Won't be on the team next year

I was at the game yesterday and every game this year and Walt Harris couldnt cover dust. He should have been cut Yesterday and the water boy put in.

i think its official,this is the first site where i think everybody collectivly agrees on something,walt harris is a bum.

We need to have a "Walt Sucks" smiley or frowny for this site....

He was so horrible last year. Figures.
My thoughts exactly. No one hear can honestly say we thought this guy was any good last year. Shoot he got burned left and right. So its either one of two things, this guy was not good in Wiliams system and needed a change of scenery, or he just got better with more experience. **** happnes oh well.

So its either one of two things, this guy was not good in Wiliams system and needed a change of scenery, or he just got better with more experience. **** happnes oh well.

Or maybe he just had a bad year like many players do, read Carlos Rogers this year and bounced back to his usual (prior to last season) solid self. It's too bad the league is so "what have you done for me lately", lots of talent gets passed around unnecessarily.

does this mean that Warrick Holdman goes to the Steelers next year and becomes a first-team all pro linebacker? :)

Perhaps today he fits better as a 3-4 LB. If he does, he could be all pro. One easy example is James Farrior, a first round pick and bust with the then 4-3 Jets, who flourished once moving to the Steeleers 3-4.

99% on here wanted to get rid of Harris last year, now are crying that we did :laugh:

He earned the nickname toast!

My thoughts exactly. No one hear can honestly say we thought this guy was any good last year. Shoot he got burned left and right. So its either one of two things, this guy was not good in Wiliams system and needed a change of scenery, or he just got better with more experience. **** happnes oh well.

He's 31, somehow I doubt it was experience. And you're forgetting the other options....GW's coverage schemes may not be all that, or the coaching of them is lacking somewhere.

Archived