Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to Reed Doughty?

chairmangao

Where has Doughty been? I know he got some playing time at the beginning of the season.

The only notable play I recall Doughty making (or not making) was biting on the Bengals preseason flea flicker. Gregg Williams said that the Bengals made Doughty "look stupid."

CUT HIM !CUT HIM !CUT HIM!:D

he is way to slow:doh: if he would have out ran the punter the Skins might have left with a victory

any DB that is that slow cant play in the Nfl period

CUT HIM !CUT HIM !CUT HIM!:D

he is way to slow:doh: if he would have out ran the punter the Skins might have left with a victory

any DB that is that slow cant play in the Nfl period

This is doubtful. You saw how well we managed the clock at the end of the game. 2 chances in the red zone... and we didn't even get a score.

This is doubtful. You saw how well we managed the clock at the end of the game. 2 chances in the red zone... and we didn't even get a score.

ok you tell me.. if he scores there is TWO minutes and 23 seconds left on the clock . the score would be 24-21 and we would have had Two timeouts left

AND we all know JC can work a two minute drill

get sorry sack of ish to kick a 37 yard feild goal game tied

or wit6h the pressure being on him Vick might have threw a INT to ST or Washington

Before recovering that blocked punt in the Falcons game, the most notable thing he did all season was give up his jersey number to Troy Vincent. :evil:

lol thats actually hilarious... but with him not being so great, do you all feel we should resign Fox? I personally think we should. If not then I think Safety will become a major concern... I like Troy Vincent but he's old, and can't really hit, he got through to McNabb when we played the Eagles and kind of shoved him and did nothing, it was strange... he's an all around great guy/player but too old to fill in as a SS I feel.

ok you tell me.. if he scores there is TWO minutes and 23 seconds left on the clock . the score would be 24-21 and we would have had Two timeouts left

AND we all know JC can work a two minute drill

get sorry sack of ish to kick a 37 yard feild goal game tied

or wit6h the pressure being on him Vick might have threw a INT to ST or Washington

That's why a friend of mine was saying "kick the field goal NOW, then onside kick while there's still time on the clock and go for the TD while there's still time!" Instead, we squandered the time and left with 0 points. Geez, if my friend can see that we need points on the board and should kick a field goal, WHY CAN'T GIBBS???????

lol thats actually hilarious... but with him not being so great, do you all feel we should resign Fox? I personally think we should. If not then I think Safety will become a major concern....

You did see Fox on the long TD run in the game this past Sunday, right? He was the one in position to make the tackle for a 15 yard gain and instead FELL FACE FIRST TO THE TURF!!! Man, Arch must be real bad to play behind that guy.

You did see Fox on the long TD run in the game this past Sunday, right? He was the one in position to make the tackle for a 15 yard gain and instead FELL FACE FIRST TO THE TURF!!! Man, Arch must be real bad to play behind that guy.

yeah I saw that, and the other 40 times AA got burnt a game... Safety is a concern... few seem to realize that.

Safties can make up for whatever they lack in timed speed, probably better than players at any other position. In fact, a slower safety might get to the ball more quickly than a faster one--if he has a feel for angles, his opponent, the offensive play and the defensive call. It's all about "mental speed" as scouts call it. Don Pompei - Sporting News

http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050307.html

Since this seems to be a Reed Doughty bashing thread, I have to add my two cents worth. I realize that given the results of the season so far, there are a lot of pent up emotions. Emotions that all too often translate into uninformed, baseless comments. Those comments are theraputical for the poster more than anything else. While many of you are looking for the next scapegoat to crucify (it seems to change from day to day and week to week) you may want to consider a few facts.

That dude has to be the slowest Safety in the NFL.

If that is the case (which I doubt) he stands in very good company. Reed's 40 yd times at the Colorado State University Pro Day as witnessed by NFL Scouts were 4.60 with and 4.67 against. Compare that with 7 time Pro Bowler John Lynch who ran a 4.64 at the Combine. Also consider Reed's 3-cone time at the Combine; fastest time posted. Not just of the safeties, but fastest time period. The 3-cone drill is reflective of "Football Speed". (ie. angles/agility) The 40 yd time is a reflection of "Track Speed".

As to not scoring on the blocked punt recovery; my question would be, was there any downfield blocking at all or did only Reed and Rock beat their men at the line of scrimmage.

Go Skins! :logo:

That's why a friend of mine was saying "kick the field goal NOW, then onside kick while there's still time on the clock and go for the TD while there's still time!" Instead, we squandered the time and left with 0 points. Geez, if my friend can see that we need points on the board and should kick a field goal, WHY CAN'T GIBBS???????

I was thinking about this though. It takes atleast a 1:00 to score a TD, so you want to have enough time to kick a FG at the end of the game, or you might be stuck with :50 to score a TD and that would be next to impossible...but w/e..my:2cents:

If that is the case (which I doubt) he stands in very good company. Reed's 40 yd times at the Colorado State University Pro Day as witnessed by NFL Scouts were 4.60 with and 4.67 against. Compare that with 7 time Pro Bowler John Lynch who ran a 4.64 at the Combine. Also consider Reed's 3-cone time at the Combine; fastest time posted. Not just of the safeties, but fastest time period. The 3-cone drill is reflective of "Football Speed". (ie. angles/agility) The 40 yd time is a reflection of "Track Speed".

As to not scoring on the blocked punt recovery; my question would be, was there any downfield blocking at all or did only Reed and Rock beat their men at the line of scrimmage.

Go Skins! :logo:

Is this info for real? Reed actually ran the fastest 3-cone drill in the combine? I knew he couldn't be a complete turtle, or Williams would have never considered him.

Still, Doughty did look sluggish during that return. Who knows what would've happened had Taylor picked it up.

Anyway, now that the season is unofficially over, we might as well rotate Doughty into the mix and see how he fares in coverage or towards the LOS.

:logo:

Archived