Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shockey on Romo: "A very average quarterback"

Redfaced21

I've come to my senses that Romo sits to pee won't fall this year.

Dallas defense derserves way more credit than Romo sits to pee does...Romo sits to pee is a good QB, but if he had the skins defense, could he still be making plays and getting the ball back alot???

Bledsoe had the same defense around him? :(

Yes, its true that bledsoe had the same talent around him, but

his playmakers weren't playing for him. As of now they like Romo sits to pee and it shows...They are playing! I am not saying Romo sits to pee is a bad quaterback, but i think that the talent around him deserves the credit. He has an easy job...hand that ball to his playmakers and that is what it comes down to.

His playmakers made him who he is... He did not make playmakers!

**Everything is in place for him...his o-line, is protecting him, his receivers are catching the ball etc.

Again, i think he should feel blessed to have an opportunity to play w/ good talent around him. Without them he would go back to the bench.

**The bottom line is if the pukes had a sorry D like our SKINS.....

they wouldn't get anywhere.

**I still hate HOMO:)

HTTR!!!!!

I would like to see him in a team like the cardinals and see

how good he is then.

What a weak argument. You can say the same thing about Tom Brady, Carson Palmer...etc.

The cowboys offense is making plays for him...so far

I have not seen any plays where it's just him.

:doh: There are 10 other guys on the field. How can there be any plays when its just him??? Did you watch the pass to witten at the end of the game? That must have been all Witten and the Oline....Romo sits to pee had nothing to do with that play being a success.:doh:

See how M. Barber is running, how witten, and that O line is making plays.

Bottom line is Romo sits to pee will be another big ben....With ALL that talent why shouldn't he be good?

Barber and witten were the same players when Bledsoe played. The Oline isn't playing any better....Romo sits to pee just makes them look better. He still gets pressured, but hes able to move around and make plays. There were several plays in the Giants game where the Oline allowed pressure, but Romo sits to pee was able to elude it and make a play. Look no further than the pass to witten at the end of the game. Bledsoe takes a sack in that situation, and the Oline looks terrible......but with Romo sits to pee in there...well we all know how that turned out.:D

Here's the bottom line on Romo sits to pee, forget his spectacular stats, when the game has been on the line the guy has come up with monster throws that has put his team in a position to win.

That's all you can ask a QB to do, LEAD your team to wins. Not simply MANAGE (god I hate hate hate that term) a win. To me, "manage" is just another way of saying "our QB can't do the job so we're going to ask him to let other people make plays for us".

It's still too early for a final verdict on Romo sits to pee, but right now he appears to be the real deal and Shockey is a moron.

Shockey is a chump for not manning up and saying what he means. i ashamed he came from the U like other great players.

Tony Romo sits to pee, this guy has been playing well as of late. I need to see him in a full season. Expectations for him next year will be super high and if doesn't perform to the same standards than eyebrows will be raised.

I found consistency on the board!;)

Shockey is an idiot.
shockey is an idiot..
Shockey is clearly a moron.
Shockey is an ass and few would argue!
Shockey is an idiot.
Shockey needs to shut up.
I've never been into Shockey's act, but now hes just getting ridiculous. I'm not sure why anyone even listens to this bum anymore.
Make you wonder what Shcokey really thinks about Eli......

Anyone else who thinks that Romo sits to pee is a very average qb, is for lack of a better word..........dumb.

When cowpuke fans hang his name in ring of shame, when he's added to the Pro Bowl ballot after 5 games, when he's called the next Tom Brady when he hasn't one a single Super Bowl, when ESPN practically blows the guy on every show, he's overrated. Anyone else who thinks Romos is not an overrated and overhyped qb is, for lack of a better word . . . . dumber.:doh:

So far, after 6 games, he's better than average. He's obvioulsy alot better than Bledsoe. However, he's not a pro bowler and his name shouldn't be mentioned with Brady's.

When cowpuke fans hang his name in ring of shame, when he's added to the Pro Bowl ballot after 5 games, when he's called the next Tom Brady when he hasn't one a single Super Bowl, when ESPN practically blows the guy on every show, he's overrated. Anyone else who thinks Romos is not an overrated and overhyped qb is, for lack of a better word . . . . dumber.:doh:

So far, after 6 games, he's better than average. He's obvioulsy alot better than Bledsoe. However, he's not a pro bowler and his name shouldn't be mentioned with Brady's.

So Brady wasnt Brady until he won the SB? I belive there was some serious hype on the guy during that run of his when he took over that team.......

Stop being a dang on baby about it, Romo sits to pee has put up spectacular numbers since he has taken over...Not average or even above average...SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

I see that the "talented team around him" argument has reared its ugly head again.

I know this argument like the back of my hand:

Aikman was average he was lucky to have Smith and Irvin.

Following week -

Smith was average he was lucky to play with a QB and WR like Aikman and Irvin to take the pressure off.

Following week - Irvin was average he was lucky to play with a QB and WR like Aikman and Irvin to take the pressure off.

No player in the NFL single handedly does anything. It (imagine this) is a team game. Would Joe Montana be talked about as one of the best ever had he played his entire career for the Arizona Cardinals?

Insert Romo sits to pee on a piss poor team and yeah he is not going to be great. The deal is that he will have the ability to do great things when he gets the weapons he needs around him unlike the other poor shmuck who has no hope of doing squat no matter what you put around him.

So Brady wasnt Brady until he won the SB? I belive there was some serious hype on the guy during that run of his when he took over that team.......

Stop being a dang on baby about it, Romo sits to pee has put up spectacular numbers since he has taken over...Not average or even above average...SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

The year is 2006 buddy. Anytime you compare a guy to Brady you're comparing him to a great, future Hall of Famer, not a guy who's played in 6 games. Wake up!!!!

Man, I haven't heard the word "dang" in awhile. If saying Romo sits to pee, so far in his breif career, is a better than average QBmakes me a "baby," than operating under the illusion that he is a "SPECTACULAR" QB makes you a sperm cell. Give me a break, spectacular QB's are guys who prove themselves year after year. Romo sits to pee isn't even close to "SPECTACULAR."

Go puke on a cow. Please spare us the vomit you post on this board.

The year is 2006 buddy. Anytime you compare a guy to Brady you're comparing him to a great, future Hall of Famer, not a guy who's played in 6 games. Wake up!!!!

Man, I haven't heard the word "dang" in awhile. If saying Romo sits to pee, so far in his breif career, is a better than average QBmakes me a "baby," than operating under the illusion that he is a "SPECTACULAR" QB makes you a sperm cell. Give me a break, spectacular QB's are guys who prove themselves year after year. Romo sits to pee isn't even close to "SPECTACULAR."

I'm pretty sure he is comparing Romo sits to pee to Brady before Brady won his first SB.

I'm sure that you'd be the first one sucking off Cambell if he had done what Romo sits to pee has done so far.

I agree that Romo sits to pee is far from being spectacular. He has a lot to prove and do before he deserves such praise...but he has done one helluva job and seems to have all the tools needed to be a quarterback in this league. I'd like to see play a whole season before I start calling him the next franchise quarterback for Dallas, but would rather have him in there than that bumb Bledsoe.

First of all i said Romo sits to pee has had SPECTACULAR numbers SINCE taken over, not that Romo sits to pee is "spectacular"...Heck, Romo sits to pee could be garbage next season for all we know, but dont downplay what he has done by calling it above average. Dragon is right, If Campbell was having a stretch like Romo sits to pee is currently, you would be saying the same thing about Campbell that i am about Romo sits to pee.

Please read things through and if you need to, read them (post) more then once before you respond.

Romo sits to pee is not Brady, and most lilkley never will be, Brady has done some things that no one can do. He is without a doubt a special breed of QB, but Romo sits to pee has done some outstanding things in his 6.5 games...like lets say: Average over 290 yards passing/game, 13 TD's in 6.5 games and a 5-1 record as a starter. He has also put his team that was headed for 8-8 (at best) in a posisiton to make a run deep into the playoffs.

Is Romo sits to pee a spectacular QB? No not yet. Has Romo sits to pee been Spectacular since taken over 6.5 games ago? Yes. Does Romo sits to pee deserve to be on the pro bowl ballot? Yes.

...Heck, Romo sits to pee could be garbage next season for all we know, but dont downplay what he has done by calling it above average.

Which is exactly the reason I said he was overrated. He doesn't deserve to be compared to Brady, have is name in the ring of shame, or be on the ballot with guys like Bulger, Brees, or Vick.

Dragon is right, If Campbell was having a stretch like Romo sits to pee is currently, you would be saying the same thing about Campbell that i am about Romo sits to pee.

No, I would never have compared him to Brady or thought his name should be hung in the Ring of Fame.

Please read things through and if you need to, read them (post) more then once before you respond.

Please follow your own advice. I said he was overrated and overhyped for some very specific reasons. You came back with his performance thus far. Nice try.

One thing this thread does prove is that you are a below average poster. :doh:

Which is exactly the reason I said he was overrated. He doesn't deserve to be compared to Brady, have is name in the ring of shame, or be on the ballot with guys like Bulger, Brees, or Vick.

no one is comparing him to Brady (outside of the fact that he took over for Bledsoe and was vertually a no name QB(brady was a 7th round pick and Romo sits to pee undrafted).

His name in the ring of honer was a freaking joke dude. It was a bunch of fans at the game making a joke. Trying to get on TV, fans will do anything to get their sign on TV. Look at the Singns for Campbell next time you go to a Skins game...if you go.....

No, I would never have compared him to Brady or thought his name should be hung in the Ring of Fame.

again, no one is doing that. Brady is a lock for Canton and Romo sits to pee has 6 1/2 games in the NFL.......

who "thinks Romo sits to pee should be in the cowboys ring of fame"???

Please follow your own advice. I said he was overrated and overhyped for some very specific reasons. You came back with his performance thus far. Nice try.

well how us are you going to judge a player??? He can only be judged by his perfromance, which so far ahs been much beter the the "better then average" that you stated.Over hyped? Well what can i say Merlin, the kid is leading one of the greatest franchises of all time to a possible division title. The same franchise that has had SEVERAL worthless QB's take over since Aikman (Hall of famer) and the same franchise that has not had a playoff win in ten seasons!!! I would say the hype is warrented!! Same as the hype for Santana Moss last season or the hype for Gibbs last season.

One thing this thread does prove is that you are a below average poster. :doh:

you have a right to your opinion and i respect that. So i am a below average poster, that would make you the Mark Brunell of posting...pathetic!

You Cowboy fans are acting like a bunch of romosexuals. :)

Seriously though, Romo sits to pee has played very well. Anyone would be hard-pressed to find a QB playing as well as him over the last 7 weeks. That being said, Rex Grossman played pretty well for the first 7 or 8 weeks of the season also, and look at him now. Everything goes in cycles and Romo sits to pee has yet to hit that inevitable rough patch that all young QBs go through. How he weathers that will be the real determinant of how high his star can rise in this league.

I dont think he should be on the Pro Bowl ballot. Since he is though, he will probably make the game, lord knows there are enough Cowboys fans out there to vote him in.

Someone who should be on the ballot who has been pretty dominant all season but gets no pub (partly because of his position I guess): Mike Sellers. He is one of the best FBs in football right now.

This Giants team has the worst case of foot-in-mouth disease I have ever seen. Think Eli is glad he didnt go to San Diego now? How bout you Tom, would you rather have Philip Rivers right now than Eli Manning?

I am beginning to question whether or not Eli will ever come close to being a pro-bowl caliber QB. Right now it seems he still has the same sort of inconsistancies that he did his first year in the league.

Archived