Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Falcons at Skins.

Art

You are right I feel like I am watching the same game over and over.

Not just the games either...the same thing year in & year out with our F-O.

To quote Dennis Hopper on "24"..."If plan-A does not work you move onto plan-B, you don't do plan-A recycled!"

Guest sith lord
Turns out the Carolina game WAS a mirage. One week later, the D lasted about a quarter ... then collapsed.

Offensively, we started crisp with the run. Once ATL adjusted and at least slowed Betts enough to where we had to convert via the pass once in a while, they exposed our OL and Campbell.

The OL was awful in blitz pickup, and JC was awful in terms of not seeing the field and telegraphing his passes.

This one, to me, is 100% on this team never having found an identity or sense of itself this year--on either side of the ball. They don't know who they are. So they're pretty much nobody.

I'm probably the biggest Gibbs guy on the face of the planet, so saying this is like ripping off a finger: somewhere between last January and this August, he "lost" this team. Something I never believed could or would happen.

The clock is now ticking on whether he has the will and desire himself to try to win it back by next July when they convene for training camp.

I appreciate everything Gibbs has done for the Skins as much as anybody, but you as well as I do that he should step down next year. Gibbs II is not working and we need new blood in here.

A few have said exactly what I felt at the end of the game, that being "..................." We shot our selves in the foot, controlled our own destiny (and failed), we our own worst enemy. Yeah and a whole bunch of other cliches Im sure refer to how we played. Excuses? sure we can make em', such as rookie QB mistakes, O line slacking after the 1st half...but, at this point, it doesnt matter..get JC some time in the off season, and I think next year we will have one heck of a QB. But for the rest of the year, all I can say is....Go Giants! (Cause really..do we honestly want to see Dallas or Phila. win?)

And by saying "go Giants", im not saying I have a new team, I have been and will always be a Redskin Fan. Just had to clear up any misconceptions :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Personally, I want the #1 pick. Trade that to get some more picks. We have to rebuild A LOT of this team. For the 'win a SB next year' mentality it pretty much kills that. But, in the long run, we will have a younger, better team. And perhaps, THEY will have heart. Something this team CLEARLY does not.

Executives around the league concur that the best and only way to build loyalty to a franchise is by drafting players. You could even see it in Ladell Betts' chat; he feels loyalty to the franchise that gave him an opportunity in the NFL and looks to repay that faith in him.

We need to bring in players that want to play for the Redskins. Signing high-priced free agents only leads to players playing for their paycheck. We need to bring in under-valued guys that were cast away and now given a second chance, players that will want to play for us and prove their worth. Guys like Archuleta have nothing to play for now, unless they are the rare 2% that has a true passion for winning at all costs.

Bring in a bunch of under-valued guys for depth on defense (remember big Joe Salave'a, Ryan Clark, etc. etc.?), and a couple will turn out to be big contributors for us. We should be drafting defense every single year with our top pick, and soon enough, we should have a strong core on that side of the ball.

There's really not much more we can do on offense, except add youth to the offensive line - we just have to hope that they build chemistry in the offseason and buy into the system. They certainly have the talent to succeed.

And also, for the love of god, play Rocky McIntosh. PLEASE.

Not just the games either...the same thing year in & year out with our F-O.

To quote Dennis Hopper on "24"..."If plan-A does not work you move onto plan-B, you don't do plan-A recycled!"

I agree totally; it has been more years than I care to admit. and I can't wait for 24. At least in 24 we know who will win!

I appreciate everything Gibbs has done for the Skins as much as anybody, but you as well as I do that he should step down next year. Gibbs II is not working and we need new blood in here.

Don't tell me what I know.

Gibbs lost this team at some point this summer. He HAD it the 2 years before that. What remains to be seen is whether he can figure out what went wrong, if he thinks he CAN fix it, and if he's got the will at this stage of his life to dial it up all over again.

I agree totally; it has been more years than I care to admit. and I can't wait for 24. At least in 24 we know who will win!

Me neither because when 24 (I so can't wait for this year I love that show!) starts that means we are near the off-season and that is when our organization really kicks ass! :rolleyes:

yeah, exactly what we need... yet another offensive system to change to :doh:

Yup

I am OPTOMISTIC about next year

Good draft/Easier Schedule (for two games)

JC has 1/2 season under his belt

The one year Offensive adjustment is over

Portis healthy

Gibbs pushing the buttons

Year 4 of the 5 year plan (SB run)

Guest sith lord

Gibbs lost this team at some point this summer. He HAD it the 2 years before that. What remains to be seen is whether he can figure out what went wrong, if he thinks he CAN fix it, and if he's got the will at this stage of his life to dial it up all over again.

Once you lose a team, you're not getting them back. I wouldn't be surprised if some actually asked for trades.

I don't disagree with you, but my question is...with the F-O structure that is in place and players that get paid huge amounts of money...who would be willing to come in here and coach this team?

Archived