Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Falcons at Skins.

Art

I only have one comment and question. I think the play-calling lost/coaching lost us this game. On to the question, when you have success only throwing the ball every now and then and pounding another teams defense with a successful running game, why would change your offensive attack if it wasn't being stopped? Everyone could see our jumbo package was wearing on their defense and when they did try to bring 8 or more in the box, we threw to Moss and it backed them off again. Why change your tactics if they were working? Dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Ladell Betts: Great game!!!

Ok here is what I can’t figure out, why all the play action? It isn’t fooling anyone and it takes forever for the play to develop. Campbell is young, put him in the shotgun, use max protect and give him an opportunity to make his reads. Most of the play action passes were disasters ending with Campbell having to throw it away as soon as he turns around because a defender is in his face. With a young QB better to go with the KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) theory and let him grow into the position. Also enough with the gimmick plays, they are not working!

another tuff loss... they're all tough when you're a skins fan. hopefully this off season we'll be able to keep all of these guys around, let them get even closer then what they are, build some team chemistry, maybe get a really good draft pick(i'm pretty sure we still have a 1st rounder), and it will be the second year in al saunders offense. as for the rest of the games, they DO MATTER. let campbell grow with these recievers some more and hopefully i'll see the team that we all respect for their fight, and they'll get pissed off and show me that they're pissed cause they aren't goin to the playoffs so they want to rain on everyone elses parade.. we lost, yeah.. but i love these players we have now and i have faith in all of them. we will win a superbowl with the team we have now!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SKINS!! KICK THE EAGLES ASS!!!!!

I have been a Redskin fan for many decades and have had the highs and the lowes with them, and will continue to be there when they are down and proud to be there when they are winning. When they signed Al to run the offense we were happy about it, at least most people were, I was not. I can not think that a team is so short on talent that they must consume a 700 page play book, to be able to win. I remeber a coach named Vince that dared you to stop his 5 play run attack, his O-line was daring you to stop it, not many could. They didn't have 700 plays but were the best at the 5 they ran and were proud of it, let me tell ya.

We have the top rated wide recievers in the game, why can't we use them? They all could be number 1 on any team and yet we can not use this to our advantage, poor offensely coaching Period ! CP is our runner and there is not a doubt in my mind that he would have taken the ball to the house on more than one time in Sunday's game. My grandson could have called better plays down there with 1st and goal than Al did. We need to destroy the other teams when we can get them down, and worry about what they will do to us if we play them again.

We will have next year as always but I will still go to war with my team The Redskins until the day I die. Thanks for letting me vent. Dave

another tuff loss... they're all tough when you're a skins fan. hopefully this off season we'll be able to keep all of these guys around, let them get even closer then what they are, build some team chemistry, maybe get a really good draft pick(i'm pretty sure we still have a 1st rounder), and it will be the second year in al saunders offense. as for the rest of the games, they DO MATTER. let campbell grow with these recievers some more and hopefully i'll see the team that we all respect for their fight, and they'll get pissed off and show me that they're pissed cause they aren't goin to the playoffs so they want to rain on everyone elses parade.. we lost, yeah.. but i love these players we have now and i have faith in all of them. we will win a superbowl with the team we have now!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SKINS!! KICK THE EAGLES ASS!!!!!

your thoughts are on the right track, but the core of this team has been together for more than enough time to build chemistry, and it can't be artifically made. IMO, both lines are starting to age, and they dont have that killer instinct in em that it takes to battle week after week and win. too many ego's and too much money NOT being earned in that lockerroom. Get some guys with heart that want to win and buy into the system. From there, the chemistry will develope. Get better player scouts, and put a sign outside redskins park saying, "interviewing for all positions" to send a message that this is a "what have you done for me lately" type of game.

and it will be the second year in al saunders offense.

You say that as if it were a good thing and if you actually think it, you're delusional. The only thing that cat did when he was in KC was bring a running attack which they needed. We didn't. He's high on the list of guys needing to look for another home after 12/30/06 in my book.

Here's at least one example from yesterday's game of why he should be packing his bags... There was one receiver wide open or in single coverage yesterday on almost every pass play. (Especially on the play when Cooley didn't have anyone with in a 10 yard radius down the seam in the left side of the endzone when Campbell threw the pick towards the end of the game.) Why? Because their safety was cheating up. Should've Campbell seen that as a rookie? Maybe not. Should have Saunders seen it 2 stories above the field and told him about it...you better believe it. I saw it from 14 rows up the entire game.

Archived