Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels -- Dec. 8

Art

Hello from one of your British fans.

You've pretty much tackled every quarterback worth mentioning. Which one gave you the most satisfaction bringing down to Earth with a thump? :D

Keep up the good work Phillip! I'm in awe at your athleticism and muscular physique.

Great question... I hope this gets answered.

Phillip,

After observing the game on Sunday during the Falcons it looked like we lost our edge so to speak after getting a 14 point lead on those two great first drives. Do you think that this is a result of coaching calls being conservative or is it the players easing off a little after getting the advantage? I would love to see the team go for the jugular so to speak instead of playing not to lose. Thanks for all your effort on the defensive side of the ball and I hope Coach Gibbs and the team can come together and make something very special out of all this talent we have acquired. Hail to the Redskins. Thanks for your time.

Hey Phillip,

Thanks for going out every week and giving 100 percent i have noticed that much of the defense has been in question but your play has never been called out. do you feel that you need to improve on any certain aspects or are you pleased with your individual performance.

Phillip,

What are your thoughts on the front offices philosophy of going out and offering top dollar to free agents, who for the most part haven't produced this year, instead of building the team through the draft? Please don't just give the cliche politically correct answer of "we just try to go out there and do our job and not worry about any of that stuff."

Phillip,

First of all, thank you for taking time to answer our questions - us fans really appreciate all of you for taking time to chat with us! I know the "standard" answer to "do you guys think you have a chance at playoffs?" is "we just want to take it one game at a time," but do you (and the rest of the players) feel in your hearts that you can reel off 4 in a row and make a playoff push?

I tell you what, unless we're mathamatically eliminated I will ALWAYS believe that this team can make the playoffs! 4 wins to end the year, will give the NFC something to fear!

Are major changes really needed in the offseason for the defense? What is hard to watch is the difference from last year in stopping the opponents running game to teams running all over us this year.

Also, Jason Campbell seems to be a cool cat out on the field. Has he got control of this offense as the leader?

Philip, first off thanks for taking our questions.

Last year you played on the right side of the line, this year you're on the left side. What's the difference in playing on either side? It seems as if you had much more success last year at RDE, as opposed to LDE this year. Can you comment on whether the coaching staff has considered, at all, switching you back to RDE and Carter LDE to help with the d-line's overall productivity?

Hi Phillip,

My question is about the chemistry among the defensive players. The now infamous article suggested that players had differing opinions about the coaching staff and management, which led me to wonder whether those differences trickle down to the relationships between players. How do you feel the overall chemistry of the defense has changed, if at all, from last year?

Thanks so much for taking our questions and best wishes for a healthy remainder of the season!

DieHardLady

I'll ask another...

Hi Phillip,

Can you comment on the newest additions to the line (Andre Carter and the young guys, Kedric Golston and Anthony Montgomery) and what you feel each of them contributes to the team...whether it be on OR off the field?

Thanks so much for taking our questions and best wishes for a healthy remainder of the season!

DieHardLady

Hi Phillip,

How has the team's strength and conditioning training changed from last year with John Hastings taking over from Mother Dunn and do some guys prefer to do their own training or do you have set training programs that you have to follow?

Cheers!

Mr. Daniels,

How did you get so good at batting passes down at the line of scrimmage? Also, what do you think has been going wrong with the Redskins defense this year besides the usual excuse of "Not making enough plays" why is this unit doing so badly with similar players to the other 2 years you have run this system?

Archived