Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels -- Dec. 8

Art

All.

Extremeskins is pleased to bring you an interactive chat opportunity our starting defensive end Phillip Daniels.

The chat session will be conducted Wednesday, Dec. 6 and presented Friday, Dec. 8. Questions for this and other chats can be asked in our Interactive Forum located:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

This is a special moderated forum where you can ask questions. We will clean up the questions as best we can and ask them directly, working as fast as we can to provide the answers as quickly as possible once we get started.

ALL questions should be asked within this thread.

Please use the reply option in this thread so all questions that are approved land in this single thread. Thanks.

This is YOUR opportunity as fans of the Redskins to interact as directly as possible with the only Redskin player to hug me (after Dallas last year). Let's turn out and show the team how much interest there is in such interaction. Please bear in mind that NOT every question will be approved and not every approved question will be answered given limited time.

Show your colors and bring your game. Here's your chance to get the answers to so many of your threads.

Please note the following rules/guidelines for posting questions:

1. This is a moderated forum so when you post a question, you won't see it. We will and we'll approve it as we go. Please don't make multiple submissions thinking we missed it. We will get to as many questions as possible.

2. Please ask ONLY one question per submission. Last time guys had like eight questions per submission and it was hard to clean up.

That's really about it.

Extremeskins Staff.

hey wuts up, i was just wanting to say you are one of my favorite redskins on defense, i just wanted to know if there is anything you do or maybe eat before every game to get you focused on sacking the quarterback thank you and have a good rest of the season :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :cheers: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :logo:

Phillip,

How can a defense that is first in the league in rushing touchdowns allowed (with just 4) be so dreadful in terms of points allowed? With already 8 more passing touchdowns allowed than all of last season, and a whopping 2 more passing yards per play than last year, what has been the reason for the apparent loss of ability in defending the pass?

Phillip: Gibbs gave the team the shortest training camp he could and tried to take it easy on everyone over the last offseason and training camp. In hindsight, do you think that hindered the team when it came to the regular season, and do you think the team should take more of a blue coller approach to this offseason?

Philip,

First, we are glad to have you here and hope you can stay with the Redskins for awhile longer! I'd like to ask, what is the single most important aspect or trait a team can have, in your opinion? Thanks again for being a Redskin, good luck the rest of the season and in the future.

The redskins haven't had a good 4-man pass rush in like 14 years. The team got Dana Stubblefield and "Big Daddy" Wilkerson one year after Stubblefield led the league in sacks and was NFL defensive player of the year, and they basically went nowhere in Washington. Are the coaches doing something wrong? The players? What has to happen with the 4 d-linemen in order to get consistent pressure on the QB? Thanks for taking our questions.

Why can't this defense get off the field in critical situations? It has been a staple of this defense for the previous two years to produce three and outs like they were going out of style. Now teams treat third and ten's like they are thrid and one's and seem to have little, if any, fear or respect for our defense. The pass rush has been horrid and the run defense has been gashed the entire year, is this a product of poor conditioning, poor defensive play selection, poor execution on the defensive players part, or a combination of all three?

I respect your ability to speak to the press and fans in a fair and open manner and I apologize for a hard frank question on a Redskin message board but we as fans are probably the most dissapointed we have been in a very long time.

How has switching sides on the line affected your play? Is it a big difference in technique, or does it feel less natural initially?

Also, you had something of a slow start at the beginning of your tenure here due to injuries, but came on strong the second half of last year and blossomed into a fan favorite. Up until the Falcons game, Andre Carter seemed to be going through a similar struggle this year, in terms of starting slowly in Williams' system. Did you ever come up with any words of encouragement for him, or would you like to say something to all the ifckle fans who have been so eager to label him a bust?

Phillip

Watching you dominate last year was amazing... Hell of a job..

On to my questions.. Do the players or you really care what uniform colors you use? If so whats your fav?

Seems to me having contrast with other team colors is best givin the time of day played. Is the contrast against other teams colors being considered when choosing?

Thanks for being "A WASHINGTON REDSKIN".. hope your here for along long time!"

How much do you miss a guy like LaVar on the field? I know he wasn't the dominant player we had envisioned in GW's defense but he seemed to bring much more energy out onto the field and that seemed to rub off on the rest of the defense. It appears that energy and physicality is missing this year.

Archived