Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Gibbs Ask Brunell To Take A Pay Cut In The Offseason?

Hooper

I would really hope so because is this the year that we might actually go into cap hell. Imagine what we could have done with the cap last year since we obviously didnt have cap hell and we made some smart free agent choices. But back to the topic, Brunell better take a pay cut or that is just freaking retarded.

Brunell would be lucky to get league min from anyone else

He has to take a cut or start selling cars

:applause: Exactly. I hope he isn't delusional enough to think he can land another starting job anywhere in the league now; letalone at a salary anywhere near what we're paying him to be a backup. To be honest, I'd prefer it if he just retired (even though I doubt it will happen) so Gibbs doesn't get any ideas about starting him again.

Something will absolutely have to happen w/ Brunell this offseason. He'll either re-structure or be cut. Based on the man love, I think he'll probably take the pay cut and keep us all on pins and needles for another year. I want him gone much the same way the team needed to cut ties w/ Danny Wuerffel.

The transcript of Brunell's interview with Gibbs in 2004--

Gibbs : can you throw a deep out anymore?

Brunell: no

Gibbs : can you throw a deep post anymore?

Brunell: no

Gibbs : do you have good field vision?

Brunell no

Gibbs : can you throw a 5 yard screen pass?

Brunell: yes

Gibbs: your hired, how does 43 million over 7 years with an 8 million signing bonus sound?

Brunell: fine , but what about Ramsey?

Gibbs : Ramsey was named Scholar Athelete of the year by the college football hall of fame his senior year at Tulane, he isn't smart enough...he won the bronze medal in the Javelin throw at the junior Pan Am Games..his arm isn't strong enough.

Brunell: great!!that means I get the starting job.

Gibbs : Mark

Brunell: yes Joe.

Gibbs : I love you

Brunell : I love you too, joe.

And this would be different then paying him as our backup in 05 how?

I HOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE he retires in the offseason, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him make a play for the starting role in the offseason again (ala 05). I mean the majority of the past 3 years of performances haven't made him think about retirement yet....what exactly will?

Archived