Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Rodgers

Hooper

Terrible in relief of Favre yesterday. Just doesn't look like a NFL Qb.

Something tells me Green Bay fans are going to be cursing the day they took him one spot ahead of Campbell.

Thats a bold statement. Coming out of the draft Campbell wasn't in the same league as Rodgers.

Wait till he prepares for a full game before judging him. Remember Romo sits to pee didn't look too hot either when he took over in midgame for bledsoe. Then look what happened.

Thats a bold statement. Coming out of the draft Campbell wasn't in the same league as Rodgers.

Wait till he prepares for a full game before judging him. Remember Romo sits to pee didn't look too hot either when he took over in midgame for bledsoe. Then look what happened.

Good point.

Still, Rodgers just doesn't pass the eyeball test. He looks like a little kid out there.

And please puke fan. You guys were declaring after his intial game interception performance. He still looked good despite the throws to the other team.

I had annointed him the second coming VERY early. In fact, if you do a search, you'll find that I predicted pure greatness before his first game. But I had seen spectacular performances from him in the preseason for a couple years. So I had something to go on.

You have not seen anything spectacular in the preseason from JC.

Certainly doesn' mean he can't be great, but I had seen enough of Romo sits to pee to make that judgment. I don't think you can say the same.

Good point.

Still, Rodgers just doesn't pass the eyeball test. He looks like a little kid out there.

I didn't see one snap of Rodgers. You would think he would be salivating to get in there and light it up. But talk about "jitters". Once minute your on the bench, the next your replacing the great brett favre in a game.

Hardly gives you time to get nauseous.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the heir apparent of Brett Favre, one of the toughest players in league history, suffers a season ending injury in his 5th career game played?

I think Rodgers is a bust anyway. As someone said he's part of the Tedford system in College. Same system that Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and I believe Akili Smith ran.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the heir apparent of Brett Favre, one of the toughest players in league history, suffers a season ending injury in his 5th career game played?

I think Rodgers is a bust anyway. As someone said he's part of the Tedford system in College. Same system that Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and I believe Akili Smith ran.

And Trent Dilfer and David Carr.

Dilfer won a SB.

And is easily the worst QB to ever win one. 12 TDs and 11 INTs the year he won the SB. No way he does it without a historically good defense. Career 71.3 passer rating:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1065

Carr is a very good qb.

Yes, this FIRST OVERALL PICK is finally showing some signs of life in his FIFTH season. Still disappointing.

Boller is better than McNair.

That must be why the Ravens are 8-2 with McNair and 18-16 with Boller :rolleyes:

Even for you these arguments are a stretch tr1. I liked it better when you had that disclaimer in your sig; it made it easier to skip over your posts.

I have two words for you: Jeff Tedford.

Anyone who spends a high draft pick on a Jeff Tedford coached QB will curse the day they did.

He can make any mediocre college QB look like a star in that system. Having said that - and watching Nate Longshore last week - ol' Nate better get ready for the Arena League.....

{Edit} Just saw that Tedford had been brought up -- way to stay on top of things ppl :cheers:

How many college coaches have an eventual SB qb that they coached?

Tedford is one of them.

Longshore is a JC transfer in his first year who has looked pretty spectacular most of the year.

The only real bad guy in Tedford's stable has been Harrington, who's a head case.

Think about it, all of Tedford's qbs in the last 8 have had tenures in the NFL of 3 or more years.

Find another college coach who can say the same.

Tedford is one of them.

Longshore is a JC transfer in his first year who has looked pretty spectacular most of the year.

The only real bad guy in Tedford's stable has been Harrington, who's a head case.

Think about it, all of Tedford's qbs in the last 8 have had tenures in the NFL of 3 or more years.

That's because if you draft a qb in the first round, you give him at least three years to get it together. It takes time. It's no big accomplishment for a first round qb.

Tedford is an excellent coach, no one is arguing that tr1. He is so good that he makes mediocre QBs look like great ones in college.

And quit touting the 'Superbowl QB.' Dilfer has terrible numbers. He even has more career interceptions than touchdowns. Quit trying to make him out to be a good qb.

That's because if you draft a qb in the first round, you give him at least three years to get it together. It takes time. It's no big accomplishment for a first round qb. Tedford is an excellent coach, no one is arguing that tr1. He is so good that he makes mediocre QBs look like great ones in college.

And quit touting the 'Superbowl QB.' Dilfer has terrible numbers. He even has more career interceptions than touchdowns. Quit trying to make him out to be a good qb.

First round qbs rarely are awe inspiring...the expectations are too great.

That Tedford has produced so many #1 picks makes anyone who criticizes him look foolish.

The PAC 10 is a qb making machine.

Tedford is one of them.

Not one QB under Tedford has gone on to an impressive pro career. Not one. For you to bring up Trent Dilfer and his super bowl is hilarious. Exactly what did he do that yr aside from throw 10 passes a game (with all of them being high %). I can think of countless game managing QBs who could have been on that SB team. Dilfer had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they were to win that Championship. He merely stayed out of the way.

How impressed were the Ravens with Dilfer's SB performance? They cut him prior to the next season :D

Not one QB under Tedford has gone on to an impressive pro career. Not one. For you to bring up Trent Dilfer and his super bowl is hilarious. Exactly what did he do that yr aside from throw 10 passes a game (with all of them being high %). I can think of countless game managing QBs who could have been on that SB team. Dilfer had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they were to win that Championship. He merely stayed out of the way.

How impressed were the Ravens with Dilfer's SB performance? They cut him prior to the next season :D

Everyone discounts Dilfer, but he's still in the league after 12 years....with a ring. Like it or not, that's a fact.

How many have winning rings? Less than 40...and Dilfer is one of them.

Everyone discounts Dilfer, but he's still in the league after 12 years....with a ring. Like it or not, that's a fact.

You like Dilfer but think Boller is better than McNair.

1) Boller is out of the question -- I'm not even debating this.

2) Dilfer and McNair are both game managers, only difference is, McNair is a much better passer. He is on a much older Ravens team than Dilfer was, and is asked to do a lot more than Dilfer was. The results? He has lead numerous come from behind wins and has his team one game out for home field throughout the playoffs. Take a trip around the NFL and asksome personnel people who they would take if you give them the choice between McNair and Dilfer.

And Harrington is not CLOSE to being Tedfords worst QB. Ever heard of a guy named Akili Smith? Wow.

Dilfer only started 8 games that SB year. Tony Banks was the other QB, he got a ring too. Not sure that does much for your arugment. There was also a stretch of 5 games that season where the Ravens offense didn't score a TD. Not exactly good QB play.

There are plenty of bums in the league after 12 seasons, Brunell, Bledsoe, Testaverde. Even the great Todd Collins is in his 11th year.

Archived