Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Rodgers

Hooper

The Tedford tree Five recent NFL draft Dicks played under Jeff Tedford at Fresno State, Oregon or Cal.

Trent Dilfer

Drafted: 6th overall by the Bucs in 1994

Has he justified the pick? No. He has a passer rating of 70.6 and a completion percentage of .552 in 11 NFL seasons after having a passer rating of 102.8 and a completion percentage of .589 in two seasons under Tedford.

Akili Smith

Drafted: 3rd overall by the Bengals in 1999

Has he justified the pick? No. Smith was drafted ahead of Daunte Culpepper, but Smith has been cut by two teams and is trying to show he can be an NFL backup by playing in NFL Europe this spring.

David Carr

Drafted: 1st overall by the Texans in 2002

Has he justified the pick? He is on his way. Tedford's influence on Carr's draft stock was minimal because Carr played for Tedford for only one year, throwing 11 passes as a freshman.

Joey Harrington

Drafted: 3rd overall by the Lions in 2002

Has he justified the pick? No. It's too early to call him a bust, but you certainly wouldn't say he has played up to expectations.

Kyle Boller

Drafted: 19th overall by the Ravens in 2003

Has he justified the pick? It's too early to say. He made dramatic improvement in his one year with Tedford, just in time to become a first-round draft pick. Passer rating under Tedford: 126.8; passer rating in the NFL: 68.1.

I seriously think we got the best guy in that draft. Alex Smith is good, but he'll never be great. Aaron Rodgers went one spot ahead of Campbell, and I think Green Bay took the wrong guy.

People weren't hyped up about Campbell, and I really never got why. He did everything those quarterbacks did, plus more. He may not be the next Peyton Manning, but I think he'll be heralded as the best quarterback from that draft class when it's all said and done.

Archived