Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell vs Vick and McNabb

RiggoReincarnated

Tell ya what....

14 hours or so from now, you'll get a better idea ;).

Its nice to have a QB thats at least BUILT like McNabb and Manning...at least the physical capability is there.

Brunell being nearly 5 inches shorter...you have to wonder if maybe part of his vision problems had to do with him not seeing over linemen when making reads.

Rumor has it.. Brunell had to stand on phonebooks to see the open WRs during practices.

During the game, phonebooks were not allowed which resulted into poor vision on Brunells' part and it showed by his play.

JC does not need the phonebooks to see over the linemen so, my money is on JC for having better vision to run this offense.

Rumor has it.. Brunell had to stand on phonebooks to see the open WRs during practices.

During the game, phonebooks were not allowed which resulted into poor vision on Brunells' part and it showed by his play.

JC does not need the phonebooks to see over the linemen so, my money is on JC for having better vision to run this offense.

Damn NFL! Not allowing phonebooks in games.

The question is, how well he will be able to run...can we count on him for a 20-30 yard scramble if nothing else is open?

You're right, Samuels gets beat constantly and Sellers misses his assignment on pass plays on a regular basis, so hopefully he can scramble and get some yards.

I don't think he's as mobile as Vick and he's not as experienced as McNabb, we'll find out tomorrow...

McNabb is stronger and while not fat, he is definatly "thicker".

I think Campbell will be more accurate than McNabb was earlier in his career- if you remember before about 2003 or 2004 the knock on McNabb was he had a nice arm but wasnt always accurate enough. Whether or not he has more arm strength who knows? In my opinion when both quarterbacks can throw a bullet 50 yards at that point it doesnt really matter who can throw a bullet 60 yards...they are around the same speed IMO and from the little I have seen of Campbell, McNabb may be a little more agile.

Vick will always be faster and more agile than both of them, he can throw a ball 80 yards in the air but that isnt a huge asset when his accuracy at that distance is so bad. It seems the only throws he is good at are when he rolls out and throws to Crumpler between 5-20 yards.

McNabb is a better decision maker than Vick and only time can tell on Campbell.

Might just be me, but I do not see Campbell as being really anymore mobile than Brunell...and he damn well is not in the same catagory as Vick. The few times I've seen him scramble, he hasn't looked all that impressive, at least relatively speaking...meaning, I didn't come away thinking "Wow, he's got some speed...he can move"...I just thought "Ok"...lol

He's no where near as mobile as either. I don't know where people are getting that he's a runner. He had around 30 yards on 50+ attempts his senior year.

I hate saying it...don't wanna say it...but I think it's mostly because he's black. There's no logic whatsoever to even slightly wanting to compare Campbell and Vick...

Why not compare him to Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers? Oh yeah, they are white... what was i thinking. We are allowed to compare black and white players together, why don't we? Weird eh.

I think he might actually fit between favre and rivers.

Right on!The only thing he compares with Mcnabb or Vick is by race.He is not a runner, and he is taller and thinner than Mcnabb.Come on!

Might just be me, but I do not see Campbell as being really anymore mobile than Brunell...and he damn well is not in the same catagory as Vick. The few times I've seen him scramble, he hasn't looked all that impressive, at least relatively speaking...meaning, I didn't come away thinking "Wow, he's got some speed...he can move"...I just thought "Ok"...lol

I would have to say his feet are way quicker than Boonell.He actually moves up in the pocket and is quick about it.He has good pocket presence.

Archived