Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell vs Vick and McNabb

RiggoReincarnated

He's no where near as mobile as either. I don't know where people are getting that he's a runner. He had around 30 yards on 50+ attempts his senior year.

Not much better than a young Dan Fouts I believe. And maybe not even that good.

its because hes a pass first QB

he doesnt run

he has the ability to i remm him out running ravens LB's in preseason

when u can do that u can do anything

btw vince young ran 4.6 in his last 40 time

and campbell's fastest 40 is 4.5

Vick is faster, quicker, and has a stronger arm than Campbell. Seriously, have you seen the velocity Vick has on the ball? The first time in college I saw McNabb, I was like wholy !*#% this guy is gonna be good! He is without a doubt a better runner than Campbell, arm strength I'm not sure about though. Campbell's big strength over the two at the same time coming out of college would be his accuracy. :logo:

Two comments for this thread:

First, Campbell didn't need to run with the ball because he had Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams lining up behind him and his line protected him when he had to throw the ball.

Second, I think Jason Campbell will play most like......Jason Campbell. He just needs to play his game, utilize his strengths, and work on his weaknesses. As long as he manages the game well and his passes are accurate, he will be fine.

:2cents:

HTTR!!!! :helmet:

Vick is faster, quicker, and has a stronger arm than Campbell. Seriously, have you seen the velocity Vick has on the ball? The first time in college I saw McNabb, I was like wholy !*#% this guy is gonna be good! He is without a doubt a better runner than Campbell, arm strength I'm not sure about though. Campbell's big strength over the two at the same time coming out of college would be his accuracy. :logo:

How could Vick have a stronger deep ball? He's about 20 lbs lighter then Campbell.

Sorry to tell you but Campbell is not as athletic as Mcnabb or Vick. He is a Aaron Brooks mold even has the same release. I just hope he makes better decisions.

How could Vick have a stronger deep ball? He's about 20 lbs lighter then Campbell.

Vick has one of the strongest arms in the league maybe only Dauntes is stronger. Can't think of anybody else.

Why not compare him to Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers? Oh yeah, they are white... what was i thinking. We are allowed to compare black and white players together, why don't we? Weird eh.

I think he might actually fit between favre and rivers.

I was thinking the same thing.

There will continute to be a 'black quarterback' debate so long as fans only see his color. Personally, I hope he throws a lot of "black touchdown passes"

As fas as Campbell goes, any comparison at this point to any QB is silly,, except one who has not played.

~Bang

I'd imagine his arm would be closer to McNabb than his speed / running ability is to Vick. But we won't know till at least 1PM tomorrow :)

Well, Vick arm is as strong as McNabb's. Campbell's arm is on par with theirs. Gotta wait til the offseason competitions, if all three compete, to truly know. I say that b/c I can remember everyone talking about Elway's arm yet Cunningham out-threw the competition by almost 10 yards..

Go look up how many rushing yards he had his senior season at Auburn.

NEWSFLASH....Auburn, Alabama 2004....Campbell operates the Auburn offense with the two best backs in college, therefor might not need to "rush" much. Shows ability to scramble when needed, and uses his arm to propel his team to 13-0.

Two comments for this thread:

First, Campbell didn't need to run with the ball because he had Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams lining up behind him and his line protected him when he had to throw the ball.

Second, I think Jason Campbell will play most like......Jason Campbell. He just needs to play his game, utilize his strengths, and work on his weaknesses. As long as he manages the game well and his passes are accurate, he will be fine.

:2cents:

HTTR!!!! :helmet:

:) Thank "The ONE Who Created Us All" for such 'common sense' (which isn't as 'common' as we would like). Let JC be... well, JC.:cheers:

"7-0", or we don't go!!! :dj:

Hail!!! :logo:

Campbell is no where the scrambler of Vick nor a young McNabb. If people need a black QB to compare JC to try Warren Moon, a QB that was a pocket passer that had good mobility, not scrambler a big difference, and was able to break off a nice run or two every once in a while.

As far as arm strength goes he doesn't have the arm of Vick or McNabb but the important thing is that JC can make EVERY throw expected of an NFL QB. He can easily stretch the field and at this point coming out of college should display better accuracy then Vick or McNabb due to his offensive scheme in college.

Archived