Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't I marry as you do? What threat is there in love?

footballhenry

Lets start with this... You didnt used to be such a wuss before you came out. Most people are the same as they ever were.

Take it how it comes... fast and furious.

Marriage is a religious bond. So if no religion recognizes your bond than why should anyone else ?

Spiritually... hey, live it up, you are married, live the life, have a good time, make fun of dumb people, etc.

I wish you responded differently then I would have more sympathy,

wuss? haha, you shouldve heard me debate my family a billion times over. I'm a tough bird, and have a fire in me when I debate about this. Though after a while, I think I just kind of am emotionless to these arguments. I've heard so many horrible things said about me and homosexuals by people...over and over and over...it just kind of numbs you I suppose. I know exactly what anyone opposing my right to marry is going to say, and I shake my head everytime. It makes no sense to me.

I haven't read that stat in a long time, so I don't know where it is.

Read this about San Fran.

http://www.rense.com/general73/aids.htm

That's not a result of being gay. That's a problem associated with the traditional gay lifestyle and the problem with glory holes being the best way to get hot mansex without being noticed by the rest of society. :laugh:

I don't buy into the "born gay"... theory, and fall on the choice side...

I don't understand how so many people can still believe its a 'choice'. Here I am a gay man...TELLING you that I didn't choose it at all. I did everything in my power to be 'straight', I did everything regular ole joes do and beyond....yet my inclinations remained the same.

How can someone look at me and say its a choice? Its a direct slap in the face....all the turmoil and hell I went through all these years over a 'choice'? Give me a break. I didn't choose to be gay anymore than you chose to be straight. Period. I'd rather not go further into the 'is it a choice or not' debate....I am telling you that I did not choose to be gay, you can either (a) take my word for it and perhaps alter your own thinking a bit or (B) think I'm crazy or something and keep saying its a choice.

You're probably not eliminating homosexuality. If you want to do that, start a group that tries to convince homosexuals not to be homosexuals. Denying them the law, which we take for granted, and has nothing to do with religion, in my opinion, will probably cause more problems. I know a few gay people, and honestly, as humans, they are better people than I am. I just try to find the difference between sinning as a gay person, and sinning as a homosexual. If I'm a jerk, but heterosexual, does that make me better, in God's eyes, than a homosexual that loves everyone?

I think a combination of living a great example, spreading what I believe to be the truth, and voting is the best way to get things done.

God loves you and all of mankind.

The laws are for our own good.

Would God love the nice gay person more than you if you were an ass? Probably, but He still loves you both and only wants the best for each of you.

YOu believe that legal doesn't mean approval, but I believe different.

This whole idea that if you make something illegal will only spark more people to do it more often is totally untrue.

Weed is illegal and thou you can get it if you looked hard enough, it's still a lot harder to get than tobacco.

And far more people smoke tobacco than they do weed.

If weed was legal and you found it in either ABC stores or in every store out there, you would see a HUGE increase in weed smoking.

10th graders in US who had tried marijuana which is illegal: 41%

10th graders in the Netherlands who had tried marijuan which LEGAL: 28%

I think a combination of living a great example, spreading what I believe to be the truth, and voting is the best way to get things done.

God loves you and all of mankind.

The laws are for our own good.

Would God love the nice gay person more than you if you were an ass? Probably, but He still loves you both and only wants the best for each of you.

I would respect you if you took matters in your own hand and did it through private means. But once you use the power of the state to push your agenda and beliefs on to others, I have a real problem with you.

No facts, no figures...no scientific data in this one. Just raw human emotion. The fact that I am a gay man and I cannot marry is really taking a toll on me personally. It saddens me deeply that I and those like me cannot marry those we love simply because we are different from the majority. I think about it constantly.

Simply because we were born different.

Cast into second-class citizenship via institutionalized discrimination.

Why can't I marry someone I love? Why can't we partake in the happiness of marriage? How do I, or any gay people threaten marriage in any way?

I have been deeply disturbed & saddened since such majorities came out in favor of the marriage amendments this past election.

why suppress our desire to love and join together as you do?

All we want is to love someone in the same way you do when you come home from work. What threat is there in love?

sigh.

no data, no statistics, no clever talking points....just the reality of the situation & the emotion it brings.

footballhenry, I appreciate your intent here, which seems to be to convey the human side of this issue. It seems to have been lost on most of the people who have replied in this thread. The answer to all your questions should be obvious from the thread: there are a lot of stupid and/or fearful people out there. That's it. I'm not gay, but I'm likewise disturbed and saddened by the way society views or treats gay people. There's only so much you or I can do about it. I'm sure it must be frustrating for you and other gays to face this continual rejection by society, but look at the bright side - slowly but surely, attitudes are changing. Don't focus on the fact that a majority still reject the idea of gay marriage - focus on the fact that millions like me have come to accept the idea and view it as an appropriate and justified. We're getting there ("there" being a just and fair society). Stay true to yourself and what you know to be right.

I know that. Just answer the question. Should they be outlawed?

I don't know anything about them, other than they are pro choice.

What do they do?

Obviously I feel that abortion should be banned, or atleast all the ones where the mother's life isn't in danger.

I don't know anything about them, other than they are pro choice.

What do they do?

Obviously I feel that abortion should be banned, or atleast all the ones where the mother's life isn't in danger.

This was a bad example, because they do fund abortions. So clearly you would want them to be outlawed.

Ok, how about this

Do you approve of Buddhist doctrine? I believe the obvious answer is no (I am answering it for you). Should it be outlawed?

I saw a stat that showed men who lived the gay lifestyle lived nearly 30 years less than the average man.

And women are only slightly better.

So let's agree that the stats are true.

You would want a lifestyle that causes people to live 20 to 30 years less than the average person?

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION.

This was a bad example, because they do fund abortions. So clearly you would want them to be outlawed.

Ok, how about this

Do you approve of Buddhist doctrine? I believe the obvious answer is no (I am answering it for you). Should it be outlawed?

Outlaw the buddhists opinion? no

Archived